Jump to content
FLizarraga

This Is The All-singing, All-dancing Tarot Enabling Thread!

Recommended Posts

Well, since we already have a de-enabling thread, I thought we should also have an enabling one. It is only fair after all. Plus I have proven over and over I'm a disaster at de-enabling people...

 

There was not a single de-enabling thread at now-defunct AT, but a veritable cornucopia of them, so I'm linking my search instead of a particular thread: http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/find.shtml?cx=008526656784353379572%3Aw1vqc7clg1y&ie=UTF-8&q=enable+thread&x=0&y=0. And I stole this title, because I just love it!

 

So, folks, what's your poison?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This title brings back so many memories, and my wallet has started crying simply by the thought of it! I will hurry to bed now but I might dare to take a quick look in here tomorrow to see whatever goodness is being shared. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too am a better enabler than de-enabler!  The first deck I want to present is The Influence of Angels.  Gregory tried her hardest to de-enable this deck for me on the other thread with no success.  I love it!  Members were upset with the major arcana depicted as angels but I love it.  I read for all types of people including Christians and I wanted to have this deck for them.  The minor arcana is lovely with supporting angels painted in.  The art is old fashioned homespun and the cards shuffle well.  I truly love this deck and am happy to own it. 😊

https://www.amazon.com/Influence-Angels-Tarot-Boginski-Barbessi/dp/1572818549/ref=sr_1_1?crid=369WXVZM7GY3H&keywords=influence+of+angels+tarot&qid=1559171543&s=gateway&sprefix=Influence+of+ange%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Saturn Celeste said:

I too am a better enabler than de-enabler!  The first deck I want to present is The Influence of Angels.  Gregory tried her hardest to de-enable this deck for me on the other thread with no success.  I love it!  Members were upset with the major arcana depicted as angels but I love it.  I read for all types of people including Christians and I wanted to have this deck for them.  The minor arcana is lovely with supporting angels painted in.  The art is old fashioned homespun and the cards shuffle well.  I truly love this deck and am happy to own it. 😊

https://www.amazon.com/Influence-Angels-Tarot-Boginski-Barbessi/dp/1572818549/ref=sr_1_1?crid=369WXVZM7GY3H&keywords=influence+of+angels+tarot&qid=1559171543&s=gateway&sprefix=Influence+of+ange%2Caps%2C185&sr=8-1

jamie lee curtis crying GIF

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I... WAS.... ALMOST.... THERE.....!!!!!

Edited by FLizarraga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FLizarraga said:

 

 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I... WAS.... ALMOST.... THERE.....!!!!!

I believe you were also interested in this deck on that thread! :evil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Could Food Fortunes Tarot (I don't have it!!) be a deck to list in this thread?

https://www.amazon.com/Food-Fortunes-Josh-Lafayette/dp/1452150567/

 

Well, the good side with this deck is that it takes the mystic (or deep esotericism) out of, sure!! 🐸

Otherwise considering its price I guess that the cardstock is likely horrible!

ETA: according to a commentary that I just read the cardstock is pretty honest!

Edited by Decan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Food Fortunes: good cardstock, fun deck; to use it in reading for others you have to have a flexible mind...hard to explain, but I've used it several weeks on my blog, https://quirkeries.blogspot.com/search?q="food+fortunes"+ and the truth is in the food choices if you are willing to ferret it out. There is no book, just an extra card with the  majors named.  Might be really fun to use with a few beverages down your neck. 

 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here I was, thinking there are no interesting new decks around .... *goes to freeze credit card

Great that this historic thread is revived! I must admit that the phrase "all-singing, all-dancing" made its way into my English vocabulary over the years (English is not my first language) 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Magrataya said:

And here I was, thinking there are no interesting new decks around .... *goes to freeze credit card

Great that this historic thread is revived! I must admit that the phrase "all-singing, all-dancing" made its way into my English vocabulary over the years (English is not my first language) 😂

Our job is done here. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 3:59 PM, FLizarraga said:

Still waiting for someone to de-enable me (again) on The Influence of Angels.

 

Oops, wrong thread... 

I'll make sure to include some pictures of the deck!! 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

Please do! I'm already in love with it from the pics I have already seen.

I’ll have some later today.  My camera is charged. 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO. I'll have to run again to the de-enable thread! I need help! I need.... angels!  :bubble_bcry:

Some of the majors remind me of Kat Black's Golden Tarot (my all-time favorite deck), and all the courts I see remind me of her OOP Touchstone --of which I have TWO copies, one trimmed and the other whole. This deck could easily stand the same treatment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGO. I'll have to run again to the de-enable thread! I need help! I need.... angels!  :bubble_bcry:

Some of the majors remind me of Kat Black's Golden Tarot (my all-time favorite deck), and all the courts I see remind me of her OOP Touchstone --of which I have TWO copies, one trimmed and the other whole. This deck could easily stand the same treatment.

The gilt is really pretty and the deck shuffles so nicely!  It's very smooth.  I loved the Kat Black deck also but this deck has a different feel when you work with it.  I do read professionally and I believe in having a nice assortment of decks for my customers.  The reason I wanted this deck is for customers who aren't sure about the tarot.  When they see these cards in an angelic, yes even Christian light, I feel they are more relaxed with the tarot.  But I love the artwork and I feel it's a smoother look than the Kat Black deck.  I truly have an excellent angel deck assortment now. I won't be buying anymore of them. 😉

 

Influence of the Angels

Shining Angels Tarot

Watcher Angel

Angelarium

Karma Angels Oracle

Tarot of the Angels

Voices of Saints Oracle

 

@FLizarraga let me know when you buy this deck. :love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/6/2019 at 8:07 AM, Saturn Celeste said:

The gilt is really pretty and the deck shuffles so nicely!  It's very smooth.  I loved the Kat Black deck also but this deck has a different feel when you work with it.  I do read professionally and I believe in having a nice assortment of decks for my customers.  The reason I wanted this deck is for customers who aren't sure about the tarot.  When they see these cards in an angelic, yes even Christian light, I feel they are more relaxed with the tarot.  But I love the artwork and I feel it's a smoother look than the Kat Black deck.  I truly have an excellent angel deck assortment now. I won't be buying anymore of them. 😉

Really? Maybe you will change your mind after I introduce to you... *drumroll* The WInged Spirit Tarot! http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/winged-spirit/ AND Robert Place's Angels Tarot! http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/angels/ 👼

 

They're both spectacular decks. Sadly OOP, but affordable copies pop here and there if you keep an eye out. I'd post pics of my own, but most of my decks are still boxed up after I moved...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with @AJ-ish/Sharyn and @Decan about Food Fortunes.  It’s a fun little deck with tons of Easter eggs to figure out!  My little Woo-Woo club has been comparing it with the RWS, card by card.  Even though Josh Lafayette said that he was using the style of the cards (and not the meanings), we still try to shoehorn something in!!! 😜   You can get agitated though, if you look at them too much when you’re hungry.  

 

I’m also doing a project to take pictures of the cards with the foods and little LEGO minifigs.  (that’s what’s on my avatar & profile) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.