Tarocco Studio On Etsy (David Johnson)

Venus Rising

Has anyone heard of Tarocco Studio? I'd love to hear if anyone has purchased any of his decks.  I've tried searching here and on another forum, but haven't come across much info.   https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TaroccoStudio?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=524297556&section_id=1

There are several tarot and lenormand decks available.   They look beautiful, but I want to see what others think before I hit the 'buy now' button😄.  

Thank you! 🙂 

DownUnderNZer

Purchased a few lots directly from them not Etsy and the cards are phenomenal. Excellent quality and stock.

They do send from different locations around the world.

I thought my orders were coming from Italy and instead they arrived from Russia.

I intend to buy more.

DND 💓

Edited by DownUnderNZer
40 minutes ago, DownUnderNZer said:

Purchased a few lots directly from them not Etsy and the cards are phenomenal. Excellent quality and stock.

They do send from different locations around the world.

I thought my orders were coming from Italy and instead they arrived from Russia.

I intend to buy more.

DND 💓

Ahh yes, I wondered about that. Etsy says from Russia, but their main website lists an address in Italy.  That made me even more skeptical.  Plus, their damaged card policy gave me pause.  Thanks @DownUnderNZer 🙂

22 minutes ago, gregory said:

Yes - I've bought Forest Creatures. It's nice. I am surprised to see them claiming credit for the "Old Memories Tarot" which is one of Vera Petruk's... But their quality is fine.

Oh I'm glad you also chimed in @gregory as well. Thank you for your insight!  Hmmmm, see that was my other fear.  That I might end up  purchasing a deck that is either a fake or with stolen imagery etc.  I wonder if Vera authorised/licensed it? She is still selling her deck as well.  And Tarot Garden is also selling Old Memories.  Makes me now question  all their other decks.  

Old Memories is very strange - BUT - her other one - Samiramay - was on all sorts of sites where you could only buy a bit at a time digitally, and I WANTED it, and talked her through getting it to a POD printer so she could actually sell it. AS she said - she had no idea such places existed. I thin MAYBE she had passed it to them while she still had no idea how else to get it out there. As to the various addresses - I think maybe like printerstudio etc, they use mail hubs. I've never found them in any way dishonest.

52 minutes ago, gregory said:

Old Memories is very strange - BUT - her other one - Samiramay - was on all sorts of sites where you could only buy a bit at a time digitally, and I WANTED it, and talked her through getting it to a POD printer so she could actually sell it. AS she said - she had no idea such places existed. I thin MAYBE she had passed it to them while she still had no idea how else to get it out there. As to the various addresses - I think maybe like printerstudio etc, they use mail hubs. I've never found them in any way dishonest.

Thank you so much @gregory for sharing some background info re: Vera's deck and your experience. That helps ease my mind a bit 🙂

DownUnderNZer

@Venus Rising

I bought from them as they were recommended to me by another person I knew on AT.

No regrets even with that little part you mention. However, I spotted that afterwards, not when doing it because I probably would have thought twice as well.

Hope you get to enjoy a deck soon as well!

DND 💓

Edited by DownUnderNZer
9 hours ago, Venus Rising said:

Has anyone heard of Tarocco Studio? I'd love to hear if anyone has purchased any of his decks.  I've tried searching here and on another forum, but haven't come across much info.   https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/TaroccoStudio?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=524297556&section_id=1

There are several tarot and lenormand decks available.   They look beautiful, but I want to see what others think before I hit the 'buy now' button😄.  

Thank you! 🙂 

I'd suggest contacting her to verify that the Russian printing is indeed legit, and to clear up any other questions. Everyone here seems satisfied, but you want to be sure.

I've seen the Old Memories online and been tempted by it, but ended up passing. Not because I was worried I wouldn't get the cards or that they might be poor quality, but because the devil backs struck me as going for shock value and made me question whether the other imagery was consistent with the card meanings or was just there for looks. I could be wrong, but $50+ is more than I want to spend to satisfy my curiousity. Still, it's a great looking deck and the artist is definitely worth watching.

The guy in the Etsy photo is wearing a gumwrapper chain on his head. They seem to have a quirky sense of humor there!

23 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

@Venus Rising

I bought from them as they were recommended to me by another person I knew on AT.

No regrets even with that little part you mention. However, I spotted that afterwards, not when doing it because I probably would have thought twice as well.

Hope you get to enjoy a deck soon as well!

DND 💓

Good to know, thank you, @DownUnderNZer I hope so, too! 🙂

22 hours ago, katrinka said:

I'd suggest contacting her to verify that the Russian printing is indeed legit, and to clear up any other questions. Everyone here seems satisfied, but you want to be sure.

I've seen the Old Memories online and been tempted by it, but ended up passing. Not because I was worried I wouldn't get the cards or that they might be poor quality, but because the devil backs struck me as going for shock value and made me question whether the other imagery was consistent with the card meanings or was just there for looks. I could be wrong, but $50+ is more than I want to spend to satisfy my curiousity. Still, it's a great looking deck and the artist is definitely worth watching.

The guy in the Etsy photo is wearing a gumwrapper chain on his head. They seem to have a quirky sense of humor there!

Good idea, @katrinka  It would be better to clear that up.  I wish they would say who the artists are on the decks.  

I'm personally not interested in the Old Memories deck, but there are a couple of others, as well as some Lenormands that I have my eye on 🙂 

Wait, is that really a gumwrapper chain? *goes and peers at the screen* hahhaa, I didn't realise 😄