Jump to content

22 Weeks With The Spirit Keeper's Tarot - Week 2


Flaxen

Recommended Posts

Here is the thread for the second week. 

 

I’m so ready to tackle another week of the workbook. Feeling a bit more prepared now that I’ve gone through the week once. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Me too! This week has shook free some issues around prosperity/abundance I need to work through. 

 

I'm also going to be using the videos on Benebell's Youtube on Tuesday to help me with the exercise component. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have so many issues around finances that I’m surprised the card for that area was so positive! I haven’t got the hang of the ‘flow’ yet. 

 

I’ve been reading Jason Miller’s book Financial Sorcery and it’s sparked all sorts of ideas and given good insight into the energy of ‘money’. I think I will try something from his book this week. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

I have so many issues around finances that I’m surprised the card for that area was so positive! I haven’t got the hang of the ‘flow’ yet. 

 

I’ve been reading Jason Miller’s book Financial Sorcery and it’s sparked all sorts of ideas and given good insight into the energy of ‘money’. I think I will try something from his book this week. 

 

Ah, that's the second time I've seen reference to that title (you're not in the SKT group on Facebook by any chance, are you? 😉 ). I'll have to get a copy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am in the SKT group but not been very active. I missed the first wave of excitement with the 1st edition as I didn’t start studying it straight away. I was doing an intensive with the Tarot of the Crone at the time. When I started with the BoM colouring etc, everyone else had moved on and it was quiet.

 

Seems to have picked up again now that the Vitruvian is out there so might try and join in a bit. I do find Facebook harder for more in-depth discussion though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Weekly Forecast:

 

IMG_20190708_061122.thumb.jpg.df1c7c89c6244f3c03942076fbc125ab.jpg

 

The Haunt is my accompanying spirit this week. I'm quite fond of the 9 of Swords: perhaps it's a very personal interpretation, but I've always found it to be a card of reassurance, telling me that though my fears and anxieties feel big and scary, they're not real at all. I need to bear that in mind as I move into this week.

 

Last week was a week of doing by not-doing, go with the flow. This week it's time to plant a seed. There's an opportunity being offered to me at the moment and I've been chewing it over this past few weeks. Well, now's the time to start the process of taking it up. 

 

I have to be mindful that this is a start of a process, of a journey, not of a quick dash to a specific outcome. There's work to do. I need to be methodical and hardworking, for sure, but I also need to keep an eye on the big picture. There's no point getting so lost in the details I forget about why I'm doing this in the first place. (Am I clear about why I'm doing what I'm about to do? Perhaps I need to write down the specifics of what I want to get out of it. Use it as a guidebook when I'm getting bogged down by the nitty-gritty of it all).

 

More orbs to go along with the orbs from yesterday's 9-card diagnostic. Of course the one non-orb would be the Sword of Self-Sabotage...but I'm onto its tricks!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s Monday...10 minutes meditation is done. Very distracted mind this morning - had to keep pulling back to the breath. 

 

My forecast for these week:

The Politic - The Shining Dew - The Lovers

This grouping of cards immediately made me think of work. This week will be about being diplomatic and pragmatic with others. I need to present a calm persona by stilling the more turbulent emotions. This approach is more likely to yield success. Important choices will be made this week. 

 

The I-Ching hexagram is Change/Revolution. 

With this there is a reminder that the status quo is stable. Is the change necessary? There needs to be a good reason to upset the status quo. 

 

 

B62358ED-A409-4BDE-80D2-1AB399292492.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@YlvaBlue, the progression in your cards is good sign. It looks like you are moving energy out of your mind (all those anxieties etc) into something practical. The last card always looks to me like she could be fashioning something solid - repetitive work as a type of meditation. Do you make jewellery? It puts me in mind of that type of process. 

 

 

Edited by Flaxen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

It’s Monday...10 minutes meditation is done. Very distracted mind this morning - had to keep pulling back to the breath. 

 

My forecast for these week:

The Politic - The Shining Dew - The Lovers

This grouping of cards immediately made me think of work. This week will be about being diplomatic and pragmatic with others. I need to present a calm persona by stilling the more turbulent emotions. This approach is more likely to yield success. Important choices will be made this week. 

 

The I-Ching hexagram is Change/Revolution. 

With this there is a reminder that the status quo is stable. Is the change necessary? There needs to be a good reason to upset the status quo. 

 

 

 

Isn't the hexagram useful? It's linking beautifully to your final card, The Lovers. If there's a choice to be made, then (as you've said) there needs to be a good reason to make any kind of a change. 

 

I *love* the Shining Dew 😍. Researching it last week sent me down the rabbit-hole of Wu Wei, the act of doing by non-doing. It seems like there is an opportunity for change coming up this week, but you're best served by going with the flow and not upsetting the apple-cart. 

 

It'll be interesting to see what this week brings for you!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

@YlvaBlue, the progression in your cards is good sign. It looks like you are moving energy out of your mind (all those anxieties etc) into something practical. The last card always looks to me like she could be fashioning something solid - repetitive work as a type of meditation. Do you make jewellery? It puts me in mind of that type of process. 

 

 

Yes, the progression from Ace to 8 is lovely, isn't it? It's true that doing something that is practical, with tangible resources and results, is a good way to keep the anxieties at bay.

 

I'm interested that it's the Spirit Guide this week, though. Believe it or not, this was precisely the card that came up as my Ally when I did the prosperity reading on Thursday last week. I do have the belief that our shadows grow stronger and bigger when we step forward into the light; since that's what I'm doing at the moment, I'm not surprised that it means all my usually repressed issues are bouncing up around me, demanding to be seen and heard. That's good! It means I can deal with them, assimilate them. I've just got 'Tarot For Troubled Times' and will use some of its exercises to help me with the process.

 

And whilst that's going on, I'm absolutely focussed on getting income streams and travel plans sorted out. Busy, but exciting, times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The whole process is reminding me of the 30 Days with the Moon spreads - so much deep stuff came up in a short space of time. 

It’s good to get a chance to clear it all though! 

 

Wu Wei is such an interesting idea - I really must read a bit more about it. 

 

Good luck with the prosperity work - finding extra income streams is important. Gives a bit of a buffer if one disappears! I’m still trying to figure a couple out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Flaxen said:

The whole process is reminding me of the 30 Days with the Moon spreads - so much deep stuff came up in a short space of time. 

It’s good to get a chance to clear it all though! 

 

Wu Wei is such an interesting idea - I really must read a bit more about it. 

 

Good luck with the prosperity work - finding extra income streams is important. Gives a bit of a buffer if one disappears! I’m still trying to figure a couple out.

It really is like the 30 Day experience...but I suppose that's what happens when you're using tarot intensively as a tool. It feels like the cards are holding one, syncretic conversation whilst I'm breaking it up into bite-sized, topic-based pieces. 

 

The trouble with this deck is that, like with Wu Wei, there's so many cool concepts to research!

 

As for income streams...I hear that! This prosperity work had better bear fruit 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’ve been doing some research on deities/saints etc who are associated with prosperity or abundance. I may respectfully request some inspiration. 

 

If you’d like some ideas too, let me know. I’m happy to share. :classic_smile:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

I’ve been doing some research on deities/saints etc who are associated with prosperity or abundance. I may respectfully request some inspiration. 

 

If you’d like some ideas too, let me know. I’m happy to share. :classic_smile:

Ooh, yes please, if you don't mind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here are some ideas I have so far. I won’t be using all them during the 22 weeks but see what fits best:

 

Jupiter - ‘big’ money - investments, longer-term savings, growing assets

 

Mercury - associated with merchants, communication, ideas. Could

be asked for inspiration for something to sell

 

Saturn - boundaries, restrictions, limits. Could help with limiting outgoings or ring-fencing savings

 

Moon - waxing phase for increasing prosperity, waning phase to decrease debt or spending

 

Saint Expedite - for quick resolutions or emergency money

 

Saint Nicolas - a gift-giving saint. Reminds me of the 6 of Orbs. 

 

More to come...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ah, that's brilliant, thank you! 

 

For some reason, I just never think of working with the planets. I have a big old block around astrology, and just don't think of it immediately. Love the idea of working with Jupiter and Mercury.

 

What you think of them in terms of planets, or in terms of Gods? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think of them as both really - the attributes of the gods are largely there in the astrology. The good thing is that you could build the prosperity magic into the week. One big ritual on a Thursday, perhaps invoking Jupiter, and then a series of ‘micro-enchantments’ to help towards the bigger goal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just did one of the videos from Benebell's vitality raising playlist on Youtube (ticking off the Tuesday goal that I couldn't do on that day, as well as today's Self-Care target!)...and it was really good! I'm going to try and incorporate them into some kind of a daily fitness routine. I've gotten so inflexible and unfit!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

They look good and really useful! I’ve been trying to find something relatively straightforward for the energy raising and have tried a Tai Chi Video which works well. I feel like I want to do something that has a ‘flow’ to it. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did you managed to do a prosperity ritual this week? 

 

I kept mine very simple and used a ‘miraculous medal’ as a focus for drawing some money to me. I’d like to do something more elaborate next week. 

 

 

Edited by Flaxen
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My prosperity ritual this week was some visualisation work. I definitely need to get my head around this part of the process! I'm still working through the 14 day program with Ethony Dawn, though, so it feels like there's a little prosperity ritual daily.

 

Like you, I'd like to do something that feels more like a ritual next week, build on the visualisation I did. I've also signed up for a vision board app and am working on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The vision board app sounds really cool! Visualisation is such a powerful technique.

 

Have spent some time reviewing the spread I pulled on Monday. The change vs stability message was very relevant to a work situation as was the need to be pragmatic when working with others. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The weekly forecast was apt: the Haunt has been there on my shoulder all week. One of my fears didn't come to pass, so it's a reminder that it's okay to have faith in tarot. They may just be pieces of card with pictures on them, but that doesn't mean that they tap into something true.

 

As to the rest...well, yes, I am putting the pieces of a plan together. I'm not quite there yet, and one of my interpretations of this particular depiction of the Ace of Orbs is that there is a missing piece of information that's preventing me from moving forward. 

 

I feel that. Orbs are also patience, so I'm not worried. The pieces will come together when they need to.

 

I should also say that Orbs have featured heavily in all other readings I've done this week. 

 

Today I used a different deck for my daily reading and I felt guilty. Not because I think the deck minds, but just because I was missing the opportunity to speak to something  with authority. Talking to a part-time weekend temp as opposed to the manager. Like that. Do you feel the same way when you use a different deck?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, YlvaBlue said:

Today I used a different deck for my daily reading and I felt guilty. Not because I think the deck minds, but just because I was missing the opportunity to speak to something  with authority. Talking to a part-time weekend temp as opposed to the manager. Like that. Do you feel the same way when you use a different deck?

Yes! It feels really strange to use a different deck now. It’s interesting because when I bought the first edition, I wasn’t sure if it was a deck I’d use much. It was chock full of symbolism with a deep philosophy behind it and therefore possibly too much work. However, the ‘voice’ of the deck speaks deeply to me and those cards drift in and out of my dreams. 

My current avatar was chosen because when the deck first arrived and I looked through the cards, I couldn’t get her out of my head. She kept appearing in dreams and meditations and then the first reading I did with them! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

 My current avatar was chosen because when the deck first arrived and I looked through the cards, I couldn’t get her out of my head. She kept appearing in dreams and meditations and then the first reading I did with them! 

What a lovely and powerful connection! There's really something very special about the deck. Benebell's care and attention to detail shines through.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.