do You Use Different Decks Through Your Day?

euripides

I seem to have started a habit of running multiple decks. I've been using the Druidcraft to guide my current spiritual journey, so when I wanted to do a daily draw about day-to-day feelings about things, I chose my old Spiral (or sometimes the Housewives. Did I mention it's an underrated deck? It always nails it.)

The other deck that I use with specific intent is the Rohrig, which I usually get out if I need a creativity-related reading, though I'm thinking the Blake may take over that role.

Do you use decks consistently for particular things? Or pick a deck depending on your specific question?

Edited the title to try to better reflect what I mean...

Edited by archimedea

I'd not thought about it like that, but I suppose I do. Generally speaking, the Greenwood would be for my spiritual journey, meditation and personal stuff that's affecting me greatly. Hidden Realm for things about me that fall outside that, so more general stuff, things that aren't worrying me so much but I want some insight. And wider than that again, or a daily draw, I'd go for the Llewellyn or Shadowscapes.

Daily draw is whatever deck I’m current.y studying. Mystical Manga, Steampunk, and Halloween Tarot for general questions, Housewives for relationships and planning, Gothic Tarot for shadow work and dealing with inner demons. Shakespeare Oracle (which is actually a misnamed tarot deck) for writing, although I mix it up and do readings for characters with the deck that seems best suited for each individual. I also tend to add some oracle cards to large readings. My biggest one to date was using three different decks, one each for my three MCs, and oracle cards to prep for Nanowrimo. It took a while, but it was amazing. 

If if I need really quick and blunt - Housewives Tarot for the win regardless of the question. That deck reads very intuitively for me. 

I love this idea. I think I'm more prone to just reach for whatever deck is in my mind at any given moment so throughout the day I might reference several different decks at once. I've also tried getting to know a new deck by focusing just on that deck for a week, but I don't think that works well for me. 

Maybe that's because some decks are really morning decks and some are evening and midnight decks!

I rarely do more than a reading for myself a day so I will say no. I only do daily draws with oracle decks. So sometimes I might have one of those and a reading for me or someone else. The other reason I might have another deck out is if I am working with a student in the mentorship program or working on a deck review.

I do have some decks earmarked for specific types of readings. Tarot of the Sidhe or Green Witch or Fifth Tarot for spiritual, The Alice for anything but spiritual, Fantastic Menagerie for career or friendship issues, and a host of other decks for general readings depending on what mood I am in.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.