Jewel

Mythical Creatures Release Delayed

Jewel

~heavy sigh~ I got an e-mail yesterday saying that the release of the MRP Mythical Creatures Tarot release is being delayed from November 18, 2019 to January of 2020 due to adjustments of the cold stamping for this deck.  I am posting this for those that did not pre-order the deck but are keeping an eye out for it.  I am so bummed this my X-mas/Yule present to myself!  On the bright side they did say they would be including a small addition to the deck ...... hmmmmmmmmm .... wonder what that might be.

Danvers

I got the email too. I sighed. I was sort of counting down the days to their arrival and now I've got to try and forget about them until after Christmas, which still seems a very long way away. 

The promise of something extra is kind of exciting though. 

joy
1 hour ago, Jewel said:

~heavy sigh~ I got an e-mail yesterday saying that the release of the MRP Mythical Creatures Tarot release is being delayed from November 18, 2019 to January of 2020 due to adjustments of the cold stamping for this deck.  I am posting this for those that did not pre-order the deck but are keeping an eye out for it.  I am so bummed this my X-mas/Yule present to myself!  On the bright side they did say they would be including a small addition to the deck ...... hmmmmmmmmm .... wonder what that might be.

Sorry to hear that! But is it not that the waiting time makes it all the more exciting?  :biggrin: Look at the bright side of it. It is better they make adjustments now than send out a deck that everyone is unhappy about 😉

Jewel
2 minutes ago, joy said:

Sorry to hear that! But is it not that the waiting time makes it all the more exciting?  :biggrin: Look at the bright side of it. It is better they make adjustments now than send out a deck that everyone is unhappy about 😉

I get that, and I do want the cold stamping to be perfect.  But I do not find the wait more exciting, I have been waiting for the colored version of this deck since the Black & White version came out! 😝  Also my main X-Mas/Yule present will not be under the tree 😪

joy
1 minute ago, Jewel said:

I get that, and I do want the cold stamping to be perfect.  But I do not find the wait more exciting, I have been waiting for the colored version of this deck since the Black & White version came out! 😝  Also my main X-Mas/Yule present will not be under the tree 😪

Well then I guess you will have to go and hunt for an other x-mas/yule present 😉

Danvers
17 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Did you like how the test card looked? I thought that the colours were lovely even though it wasn't the finished article.

I'm not good at waiting either 😐

I wonder if the book and bags will be delayed too?

Edited by Danvers

Jewel
26 minutes ago, Danvers said:

Did you like how the test card looked? I thought that the colours were lovely even though it wasn't the finished article.

I'm not good at waiting either 😐

I wonder if the book and bags will be delayed too?

I LOVED how the test card looks!  It is going to be a beautiful deck.  My guess is they will delay the book and bags as well since there is no deck to use them with yet 😆.  I also ordered the book and a bag.

Danvers

@Jewel I didn't order the bag and book with the deck and now I'm kind of glad I that I didn't. I'm a bit wary of paying large amounts in advance for things, although I don't think for a second that MRP would not come through with the goods. It's just that it's a pretty long time to wait for the deck now. 

Jewel
Just now, Danvers said:

@Jewel I didn't order the bag and book with the deck and now I'm kind of glad I that I didn't. I'm a bit wary of paying large amounts in advance for things, although I don't think for a second that MRP would not come through with the goods. It's just that it's a pretty long time to wait for the deck now. 

I totally get it.  I usually don't pre-order anything from anywhere due to your same fears.  I have ordered from Baba Studios plenty in the past and they totally rock, hence why I did not hesitate to place my pre-order.  I knew I would need the book for this deck (This will be the first straight pip deck I use) and there was a discount on the bag for pre-ordering it with the deck so it came out cheaper to just do that.  Plus it is my big X-mas/Yule present so I wanted the whole kit & cabbootle 😜

Danvers

@Jewel I do like that they offer discounts for preorders and I have ordered the whole caboodle from them in the past but I thought I would just buy the book separately this time. I have quite a few bags for decks already so I couldn't justify spending £27 on another one..........but I love the MC designs.

The deck would have made the most beautiful Christmas gift to yourself! But as has been said, an opportunity to treat yourself to another gorgeous gift 😄

Jewel
7 minutes ago, Danvers said:

@Jewel I do like that they offer discounts for preorders and I have ordered the whole caboodle from them in the past but I thought I would just buy the book separately this time. I have quite a few bags for decks already so I couldn't justify spending £27 on another one..........but I love the MC designs.

The deck would have made the most beautiful Christmas gift to yourself! But as has been said, an opportunity to treat yourself to another gorgeous gift 😄

Yeah I know what you mean about the price of the bags.  I have tons of bags too, but I could not resist.  I love their bags and have several of them from other decks.  What can I say I have to have matching everything for my MRP decks ... really need an Alice bag!  I think that is my only MRP deck without its own Baba bag.

Now if I can only talk the hubby into letting me order something else for X-mas, that was a real splurge for me.

Flaxen

The delay is a bit disappointing - it would have been lovely to have it for Christmas. However, good things come to those who wait and I’m sure Baba will deliver a stunning deck. 

I’ve got a couple of Kickstarter decks delayed too. Needing lots of patience at the moment!

Danvers
2 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

The delay is a bit disappointing - it would have been lovely to have it for Christmas. However, good things come to those who wait and I’m sure Baba will deliver a stunning deck. 

I’ve got a couple of Kickstarter decks delayed too. Needing lots of patience at the moment!

I have never used kickstarter, I just don't have the patience and can't help thinking that it's risky. But I know that lots of people have had great experiences with it.

Danvers
11 minutes ago, Jewel said:

Yeah I know what you mean about the price of the bags.  I have tons of bags too, but I could not resist.  I love their bags and have several of them from other decks.  What can I say I have to have matching everything for my MRP decks ... really need an Alice bag!  I think that is my only MRP deck without its own Baba bag.

Now if I can only talk the hubby into letting me order something else for X-mas, that was a real splurge for me.

I love matchy-matchy! But I'm trying to be good-ish.

I find it's better not to tell hubby anything 😄😄😄

Jewel
15 minutes ago, Danvers said:

I find it's better not to tell hubby anything 😄😄😄

That not worky well in my house! :rofl:  I am sure he will let me get a something something, perhaps I will get the Forest of Enchantment and Everyday Witch oracle for X-mas :egyptian:

Danvers
1 hour ago, Jewel said:

That not worky well in my house! :rofl:  I am sure he will let me get a something something, perhaps I will get the Forest of Enchantment and Everyday Witch oracle for X-mas :egyptian:

I live a secret life, he's on a strictly need to know basis when it comes to my spending. And in return, I never ask about his spending so I think we're quits 😄😁

I haven't even thought about what I want for Christmas yet, I must start making a list!

katrinka

I got that email even though I haven't preordered yet, as I'm on their mailing list. (I may be the only one here who isn't in a hurry, as I already have the monochrome edition.)
For anyone wondering about the book and bag, the best thing to do is to contact them and ask. (The book will be excellent - they've hired Caitlin Matthews.)
As a rule, they wait until all your items are ready to ship your order. I preordered the Bohemian Gothic companion book when it was announced, and one of those stuffie hearts along with it. The stuffie hearts were in stock when I ordered, but they just put it aside for me and shipped it with the book when it was ready. If you don't say otherwise, they assume that you want everything in your order sent at one time because you only pay for shipping once that way.

Had I been in a big hurry for the stuffie heart, I'd have put it on a separate order and I'd have gotten it right away. It just wasn't something I was in a big hurry for.
So your best option for getting everything as soon as it becomes available is to order the items separately.

I think that the book will be awhile yet, and I have no idea when the bags will be ready. Your best bet is to ask them. If there's a big gap, you could request that they send the items separately and invoice you for the extra shipping - but bear in mind they're busy and your order is already in the system, so there are no guarantees. More on that here: https://baba-store.com/pages/shipping-and-other-faqs

Due to the delays, this is a bit of an exceptional case, but the delays also translate into more work for Karen and Alex. Personally, I'd leave them alone and let them concentrate on getting all of this finished - the cold stamping, editing the book, whatever else needs to be done. I wouldn't add to the workload just because I want my things now. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone, it's just something to bear in mind. But if there's a truly pressing reason, ask them!

Jewel

Since everything I ordered is related I rather get it all together anyway so I will not be pestering them 😄 I want to be stunned by the whole package!

Danvers
On 9/25/2019 at 9:26 PM, katrinka said:

I got that email even though I haven't preordered yet, as I'm on their mailing list. (I may be the only one here who isn't in a hurry, as I already have the monochrome edition.)
For anyone wondering about the book and bag, the best thing to do is to contact them and ask. (The book will be excellent - they've hired Caitlin Matthews.)
As a rule, they wait until all your items are ready to ship your order. I preordered the Bohemian Gothic companion book when it was announced, and one of those stuffie hearts along with it. The stuffie hearts were in stock when I ordered, but they just put it aside for me and shipped it with the book when it was ready. If you don't say otherwise, they assume that you want everything in your order sent at one time because you only pay for shipping once that way.

Had I been in a big hurry for the stuffie heart, I'd have put it on a separate order and I'd have gotten it right away. It just wasn't something I was in a big hurry for.
So your best option for getting everything as soon as it becomes available is to order the items separately.

I think that the book will be awhile yet, and I have no idea when the bags will be ready. Your best bet is to ask them. If there's a big gap, you could request that they send the items separately and invoice you for the extra shipping - but bear in mind they're busy and your order is already in the system, so there are no guarantees. More on that here: https://baba-store.com/pages/shipping-and-other-faqs

Due to the delays, this is a bit of an exceptional case, but the delays also translate into more work for Karen and Alex. Personally, I'd leave them alone and let them concentrate on getting all of this finished - the cold stamping, editing the book, whatever else needs to be done. I wouldn't add to the workload just because I want my things now. I'm not pointing a finger at anyone, it's just something to bear in mind. But if there's a truly pressing reason, ask them!

I don't think anyone was saying that they wanted their order now. We were just musing about the cards, the unexpected delay and how much we were looking forward to getting the deck in time for Christmas. 

Jewel
On 9/27/2019 at 3:20 AM, Danvers said:

I don't think anyone was saying that they wanted their order now. We were just musing about the cards, the unexpected delay and how much we were looking forward to getting the deck in time for Christmas. 

Yes, that was what I was trying to say.

Danvers
12 hours ago, Jewel said:

Yes, that was what I was trying to say.

I've found another deck to treat myself with for Christmas, Cosmic Cycles. It's on etsy and ships in December so that will have to take the place of the planned Mythical Creatures deck. Oh dear it looks like I've bought more tarot cards 😊

Decan

I found this thread about this deck. Well, for me this delay is good news because I was still able to pre-order it with a little discount!

Decan

The standard edition is printed and looks fabulous!

https://www.facebook.com/BabaStudio/videos/vb.539650904/10156926739085905/?type=2&theater

For the limited edition apparently there will be a delay. But I pre-ordered the standard edition so I hope that the deck will be shipped (I ordered the book too, they are always well done, and for a deck like this one we need explanations for each of the cards) by the end of january. ❤️

gregory

I preordered that too. You'd think they'd want to get them out of the house, she said hopefully.