Jewel

Mythical Creatures Release Delayed

Danvers
22 minutes ago, gregory said:

Could the photos etc have been of the LE (I wasn't following so I have no idea...)

This photo is of the standard edition Fool and it looks very different to the card i have. The 'scales'  on his costume (arms and legs) aren't gilded in the photo but they are on my Fool, he looks very different. This image was posted on the FB page to show how it was going to look so who knows, maybe it was the printers that changed it?

20200224_163634.jpg

Edited by Danvers

Decan

Well, it isn't that at all for the Fool card in my copy too. On the main page of their shop they display this card of the Fool though, there is something I don't understand completely... or is it the Fool from the oversized edition (?). If it is the case there is a huge difference beetween the 2 versions! I can't say I'm 100% happy with that to be honest.

Edited by Decan

gregory

I did expect it all to be less in your face than the Prague and the others, as it is beneath the lamination and the others were not - leaving them vulnerable to coming off with use. It's the variability that threw me.

Danvers

As far as I can tell, the cold stamping for both the LE and standard edition were going to be the same. The earlier photos and videos on FB show a much higher level of gilding to both the fronts and backs of the cards.

Something may have changed along the way, either a re-design of the cold stamping or an error in the printing process. I know that they have had problems with their usual printers and have moved production to another company for the LE decks which is why there's a delay. 

I think the most noticeable thing in my deck (apart from being 8 cards short and having two 8 of wands) is the variation between the cold stamping throughout the deck. I would have expected each card to have the same depth/amount of gilding on it.

kudos91

Looks really promising. I remember in a post Karen did say the bigger cards will be able to take more cold stamping and it seems like the case here. I will sure look for variation in cards that you guys have mentioned 

Danvers
6 hours ago, Decan said:

Below a link towards a video of the Mythical Creatures Tarot limited edition (oversized)

https://www.facebook.com/BabaStudioBabaBarock/videos/218949412642212/

They look beautiful! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they arrive in April as planned, I could do with a bit of cheering up. Thanks for the link! 

Decan

The cold stamping looks amazing for the oversized edition, their new printer knows his stuff, which is a good omen for the future Fantastic Menagerie Tarot I pre-ordered.

I didn't pre-ordered the limited Mythical Creatures Tarot, but sure the edition to have!

katrinka
On 2/25/2020 at 8:29 AM, Danvers said:

think the most noticeable thing in my deck (apart from being 8 cards short and having two 8 of wands)

That's quite an aberration and I'm sure they'd be happy to send you the missing cards. Have you contacted them?

Danvers
6 hours ago, katrinka said:

That's quite an aberration and I'm sure they'd be happy to send you the missing cards. Have you contacted them?

Everything was resolved, they were very apologetic and sent me the missing cards within days. I've never had any problems with their decks before so I think this was a one-off error. 8 of the suit of Swords cards were missing, I'm hoping the LE version won't have any issues.