'Happiness In Every Breath'

loveheartlight

loveheartlight

I found this article online. It was written by Thich Nhat Hahn. It's an interesting ten-minute read. I hope you'll find the time. Amazing insights.

I quote: The Buddha spoke of four kinds of nutriments, the four kinds of foods that we consume every day. Our happiness and suffering depend very much on whether what we consume is wholesome or unwholesome.

The four nutriments are Edible Food, Sensory Impressions, Volition, and Consciousness, all briefly explained in the article.

I thought what a wonderful coincidence that they can be related to the four suits: Pentacles, Cups, Wands, and Swords, respectively.

Please tell me what you think.

iofthebeholder

The other day I had a nice interaction with someone who teaches meditation through Thic Nhat Hahn's organization, so this was timely for me : ) As regards Tarot this quote in particular caught my attention

"Wherever there is a sign, a mark, an appearance, there is deception. Signs trick and deceive us. But we can break through the veil of signs, and see the nature of things as they are." 

To the extent Tarot cards present only signs, pure symbol without any manifest substance beyond themselves, signifying only whatever one believes they mean, this article would almost seem to enjoin against dabbling with tarot cards lol. Do you think?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.