Sign in to follow this  
DownUnderNZer

Two Dead Pigeons

DownUnderNZer

TWO DEAD PIGEONS

Saw one on Thursday and Friday outside the house of the old lady that gave me the aloes 2 years ago.

And then yesterday in the city.

I think it was actually murdered by a human and not a cat. Maybe a rat as have heard some are as big, or even bigger, than a cat. Hard to say, but it didn't have any obvious trauma like what a cat would do and just its head was not there.

INTERPRETATION

Not sure if I'm meant to read into it, but these dead birds have been seen in less than a week and it kind of stands out when you don't really see things like that at all.

Seems it is not really bad in meaning as it is about changes and transitions.

Pigeons can also, from what I just read, mean an omen of good luck, peace and love.

Don't think those pigeons would quite see it that way.

DND 💓

ashjey

Poor birds. I live in a big city with a lot of pigeons and rats and cats and the like, and I have not seen a dead animal on the street in a very long time. The last time I remember seeing one was probably around five years ago? It makes me wonder where all these city animals go to die... I guess they are mostly scavenged off by other animals but still.

(And it is true that some rats are bigger than cats! They are scary! We had an infestation of them when I was a kid and my dad had to use traps bigger than dog kennels to trap them!)

DownUnderNZer
On 12/5/2019 at 6:41 PM, ashjey said:

Poor birds. I live in a big city with a lot of pigeons and rats and cats and the like, and I have not seen a dead animal on the street in a very long time. The last time I remember seeing one was probably around five years ago? It makes me wonder where all these city animals go to die... I guess they are mostly scavenged off by other animals but still.

(And it is true that some rats are bigger than cats! They are scary! We had an infestation of them when I was a kid and my dad had to use traps bigger than dog kennels to trap them!)

About 5 years ago I saw one in the city that was HUGE, bigger than the cats around in size, plus there was a number of them. The cats would not go near them at all!.

Old pipes were being dug up and relaid - that actually brought them out from the sewage areas etc.

Someone told me what happened to an old person that was immobile that lived on the corner of the street. As to how and why those things would actually enter a building is beyond me, but let's just say they are most definitely not afraid of animals or humans.

Saturn Celeste

@DownUnderNZer How is your weather going down there?  Is it abnormally hot?  Are you near any of the first going on?  There could have been atmospheric conditions that are affecting the birds.