Jump to content
Grace

Numerology & Tarot

Recommended Posts

Grace
Posted (edited)

Started this topic not to mess up a different thread (For you @Oxfret and @joy, and anyone else who wants to join in!).

 

My life path number is 29/11. What's yours?

 

How connected do you feel to your numerology number/s, do you feel like it represents your energy, the good, the bad, and how do you use it in tarot?

 

I feel more connected to 29/11 in a positive sense now than I did when I was younger. 29/11 can be quite the double edged sword and I felt the pointy end of that for a long time before I matured enough to not give a damn anymore and start caring for myself more than others (reformed Empath here!). One of the blessings is the hightened intuition, which I didn't always see as a positive thing because I wasn't very aligned. One of the great things about tarot practice for me is it helps me to not go too far out of balance, as my best readings are when I'm well tuned to that universal energy. I rarely use numerology (or astrology for that matter) in readings for other people, I'm not that adept at it yet, but would love to learn how others use it.

Edited by Grace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oxfret

@Grace Glad to move the conversation. ^_^

I don't even know what the "29/" is for lol. I am very new to numerology, mostly I just know what my Tarot book says which is all about your life card and life path readings, etc. I saw a natural path when I was young and she told me I was an 11 as well. It just keeps coming to the forefront of my life and it dose seem to explain quite a bit about me.

I've had a similar experience with the over active empathy, the cards are definitely helping me balance. They even say stuff to people that I would never say to them myself. It makes me a little crazy trying to figure out exactly the balance going on (with the cards). I try to think of everything in scientific terms first, since I like to advocate for my own devil before anyone else can lol.

So I wonder how much of the cards is just my subconscious trying to communicate with myself and those around me. But then eerie shit keeps happening... and when I try to disprove myself or the cards too much I end up feeling sick and loosing touch with the cards. I find I have a hard time getting out of "introspective" mode and it can sabotage my progress. It feels like a component of the 11 aspects. I also happen to be a Gemini on the cusp of Taurus so I have an array of conflicting personality traits. Again, I don't really know how much I believe in all this stuff, but it has always been a pretty clear guide for me. (my new cards with all of the astrological/ old school golden dawn symbols that I don't understand seem, to me, to hold a lot of power.)

But all that said.. I really don't know how I could subconsciously stack the deck so well without even knowing the meaning of the cards lol.
Do you find yourself able to empathize with the cards? It's totally crazy, but the cards seem to be more responsive than most humans have been throughout my life. Like they can hold a better conversation than my roommate hands down lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grace
Posted (edited)

No problem @Oxfret! My first experience with numerology was at a young age also- basically you add up the individual birthdate numbers till you get a single number. For me that was 2. It didn't mean that much to me, but the snippets that I read about it at the time seemed to ring true enough. Later I came across a book by Dan Millman called 'The Life You were Born to Live', which dove into the energy behind the numbers deeper than I had experienced before. I love the idea that mathematics, geometry and science have their own sense of spirit, and can be used as tools to help us navigate this physical plane. 

For 29/11 - it is customary to break the birthdate numbers down to a single digit. However because 11 is considered a master number - the 29 (or 2+9) is in play as a key influence. It has been a while since I brushed up on the mathematics of the theory, but it is certainly interesting. Any double number heightens the blessing and struggles, and master numbers especially so. But I don't think of it in terms of 'fate' or a prepaved path so much as the energy I chose to play with in this life before I was born. My personality has changed over time, quite drastically in terms of behaviour at least - if my personality was fixed then that just would not happen. I still feel like the same person on the inside however, even from my earliest memory the essence is the same, I've just gown into new perspectives based on my experience. I guess I have 'expanded', which is the whole point of being alive I suppose.

I personally think of it less as a subconscious communication, and more of a connection with that universal energy. When you try to disprove yourself, you say you feel sick and loose touch. There is a theory that this kind of thing happens when source energy is trying to tell you that you are off track. I have stopped trying to be my own devils advocate, doubt instinct, push away what you know to be true because... well there are so many reasons people do this, isn't there. In my experience that struggle can be heightened in an 11 influence. On the astrological side I have no idea what I'm on the cusp of where and what it means! But I do love to read about it, and hope to carve some time out in the next few years to study it more acutely. 

I don't think you are subconsciously stacking the deck. It would be all but impossible for someone to do so. I think you are allowing alignment and source is speaking through the cards. We don't have to use the cards at all in order for this to happen. But it's fun, and can be quite beautiful, and allows us to communicate source communication more easily to others. To me, it is like learning another language. So it may seem like it is the cards that you are empathising with (because that is what we can perceive with our human senses), but I think that it is our own guidance and infinite intelligence that we are really having a conversation with. I hope my rambling makes some kind of sense! 

 

Edited by Grace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joy

Thanks @Grace for starting this thread! Interesting enough a Tarot Reader who asked for my birth date before the reading told me that I was an 11. That is about 2 years ago and made me look closer into it. To be a Life Path 11 seems quite challenging and like you Grace, it is getting easier the older I am 🙂 There are lots of YT videos out there explaining what a 29/11 means but my fav person is Ann Perry
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClmhwg0kjnAg53orLr_qTWQ

She made it her 'task' to help especially the 11's and has a great private facebook group just for 11's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grace

Thanks for the link @joy! I will definitely check it out a little later today. 

 

It's interesting that the tarot reader asked this before the reading. I had a similar experience a long time ago. How did the reading go? I would be interested to use numbers in readings, but don't know if it would just be a distraction at this early stage of reading for others, or a genuinely helpful tool that provides more depth to the session. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joy
21 hours ago, Grace said:

Thanks for the link @joy! I will definitely check it out a little later today. 

 

You are most welcome!

 

21 hours ago, Grace said:

 

It's interesting that the tarot reader asked this before the reading. I had a similar experience a long time ago. How did the reading go? I would be interested to use numbers in readings, but don't know if it would just be a distraction at this early stage of reading for others, or a genuinely helpful tool that provides more depth to the session. 

 

Some reader seem to better connect if they have a birth-date. The thing is, she did not really brush any further on the LP 11 during the reading. Sort of just threw it in.

I love numbers so I guess for me I should look into using numbers together with Tarot. But I am at an early stage too :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grace
1 hour ago, joy said:

Some reader seem to better connect if they have a birth-date. The thing is, she did not really brush any further on the LP 11 during the reading. Sort of just threw it in.

I love numbers so I guess for me I should look into using numbers together with Tarot. But I am at an early stage too 🙂

Similar experience with me, she asked for my and my now husband's date of birth and must have quickly calculated it in her head. She threw in a snippet here and there... "Who in your life is a Taurus?… There is a strong 8 influence" .... that kind of thing. I think her math skills impressed me most, she calculated our numbers in her head... I would have liked a pen and piece of paper. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joy
5 minutes ago, Grace said:

Similar experience with me, she asked for my and my now husband's date of birth and must have quickly calculated it in her head. She threw in a snippet here and there... "Who in your life is a Taurus?… There is a strong 8 influence" .... that kind of thing. I think her math skills impressed me most, she calculated our numbers in her head... I would have liked a pen and piece of paper. 😁

That is funny! Yeah I think some people really are 'number' people and they do not need a pen and paper, it just comes to them naturally. I am intrigued by the numbers but I do not think it would come naturally to me :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
6 hours ago, joy said:

That is funny! Yeah I think some people really are 'number' people and they do not need a pen and paper, it just comes to them naturally. I am intrigued by the numbers but I do not think it would come naturally to me :biggrin:

It certainly doesn't to me! My dad could do pretty complex equations in his head. He was no genius, just really handy with numbers and he liked them. I once made the mistake of asking how he did that, and he launched into a lengthy explanation of his technique that made my eyes glaze over, lol.

I knew someone who really was a genius, and he loved numbers. He saw a certain beauty in the way they worked out. Kind of like the way the digits in multiples of 9 will always add up to 9, but he was into the complicated stuff. He used to post math things on facebook sometimes. I think if you can see the beauty in them, like he did, you apply yourself and get good with them. But for the rest of us, they're tedious, sometimes painfully so.

I stink at numbers, I'm more of a word person. But I've noticed that younger people tend to be even worse than me. They grew up with calculators and never had to practice working things out the way we did, I guess.

My Keen callers used to tell me their birthdates. I never billed myself as an astrologer or a numerologist, they just did that. I guess a lot of the other card readers must have been asking for that information.

@Grace, "life path" is the same as "birth path", isn't it? The one you get from adding the digits of your birthdate? Mine's a 3.
I can't settle on a name number, though. The name on my tax forms? Or the name people actually call me? Some say to use your name at birth - I actually have more than one of those. 🙄


And since that's not settled, neither is the destiny number. Numerology is interesting, but in my own case it's a dog's breakfast, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grace
4 hours ago, katrinka said:

@Grace, "life path" is the same as "birth path", isn't it? The one you get from adding the digits of your birthdate? Mine's a 3.
I can't settle on a name number, though. The name on my tax forms? Or the name people actually call me? Some say to use your name at birth - I actually have more than one of those. 🙄


And since that's not settled, neither is the destiny number. Numerology is interesting, but in my own case it's a dog's breakfast, lol.

The terminology I'm familiar with is 'life path' for the final reduced number (your 3), though the number you reached before your final number is often included to the left of the / backslash, as this provides insight to the challenges influencing your life path. So as a 3, you could be a 12/3, 21/3, 30/3, and 39/12/3... so while your paths intent, or cosmic contract, or whatever you want to call it has similarities, the finer details would be quite different. 

 

I'm not sure if 'birth path' is another name for 'life path'… it might be. I have heard birth number be used to describe the 'birthday' number... So if you were born on 10th of March, the birth number would be 10. 

 

I have the same problem with my name. It's been changed a few times, except for my given name (one blessing). It's often called the Expression or Destiny number (I personally prefer Expression number). I don't think it would necessarily be incorrect for this number to change as the name changes. It was the right Expression, for the time that it was your name (your full legal name). As people often change their name in times that coincide with significant life changes (marriage, divorce, to fit into a new community etc) it would seem apt that the Expression number also changes to reflect the new you. The Chaldean system is a little different, but fun to play with also.

 

A friend of mine was getting married, many years ago now. In order to get the documents together, a passport for the honeymoon... that kind of thing, he asked his parents for his birth certificate. His whole life he was called Anthony, on his bills, on everything official for school and even when doing his taxes, always Anthony. So he was surprised to see Antony (minus the H) on his certificate and a middle name he didn't recognise. His parents are immigrants, and called him a pet name 'Anto' which he never thought anything of as it is quite common for immigrant parents (mine included) to call us by our 'ethnic' equivalent at home. He never, and still doesn't to this day see himself as an Antony, despite not bothering to change it. I would go with what you feel is right, or who is to say you can't have more than one number?!

 

I personally don't put as much stock into Expression numbers because of these little querks. Under normal circumstances, it's harder to change the date you were born. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
49 minutes ago, Grace said:

The terminology I'm familiar with is 'life path' for the final reduced number (your 3), though the number you reached before your final number is often included to the left of the / backslash, as this provides insight to the challenges influencing your life path. So as a 3, you could be a 12/3, 21/3, 30/3, and 39/12/3... so while your paths intent, or cosmic contract, or whatever you want to call it has similarities, the finer details would be quite different. 

 

I'm not sure if 'birth path' is another name for 'life path'… it might be.

Month + day + year. So probably yes.
The way I learned was name number, birth path number, and destiny number, which is arrived at by adding the name number and birth path number and reducing it.
And there were methods for getting predictions for months and years. Or you could calculate the number for a location, a street address or a city, and see if it was fortunate and  compatible with your numbers. That was about it. It sounds like they've elaborated quite a lot since then.

49 minutes ago, Grace said:

I have heard birth number be used to describe the 'birthday' number... So if you were born on 10th of March, the birth number would be 10. 

No, this was definitely called a birth path number. I've never heard of birthday numbers being used by themselves.

49 minutes ago, Grace said:

I have the same problem with my name. It's been changed a few times, except for my given name (one blessing). It's often called the Expression or Destiny number (I personally prefer Expression number).

Aieee, destiny number? Now they're using a term that used to mean something else!

49 minutes ago, Grace said:

I don't think it would necessarily be incorrect for this number to change as the name changes. It was the right Expression, for the time that it was your name (your full legal name). As people often change their name in times that coincide with significant life changes (marriage, divorce, to fit into a new community etc) it would seem apt that the Expression number also changes to reflect the new you. The Chaldean system is a little different, but fun to play with also.

They used to advise people to find something that yielded fortunate numbers, even if they had to tweak the spelling a little. An unlucky number wasn't "the right Expression for the time", you had to change it if you didn't want bad luck.

49 minutes ago, Grace said:

A friend of mine was getting married, many years ago now. In order to get the documents together, a passport for the honeymoon... that kind of thing, he asked his parents for his birth certificate. His whole life he was called Anthony, on his bills, on everything official for school and even when doing his taxes, always Anthony. So he was surprised to see Antony (minus the H) on his certificate and a middle name he didn't recognise. His parents are immigrants, and called him a pet name 'Anto' which he never thought anything of as it is quite common for immigrant parents (mine included) to call us by our 'ethnic' equivalent at home. He never, and still doesn't to this day see himself as an Antony, despite not bothering to change it. I would go with what you feel is right, or who is to say you can't have more than one number?!

LOL, when I got my adoption records unsealed, the papers said my name was "Baby Tammy."
I do NOT feel like a Tammy. Nor do I "hear the cottonwoods whisperin' above." So I can relate. :)

49 minutes ago, Grace said:

I personally don't put as much stock into Expression numbers because of these little querks. Under normal circumstances, it's harder to change the date you were born. 

The name stuff is a major pain in the butt. Mine is such a muddle that I don't even mess with it anymore. I probably have a full dozen names, and I'm not even on the lam, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
joy

Yeah it is all a bit complicated with regards to names. However I believe the name(s) that are on our birth-certificates have a special meaning.

@katrinka here is a great website that gives it to you all for free:

https://numerologist.com/

 

And you might want to 'play' with different names and see what resonates. Have fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grace
8 hours ago, katrinka said:

And there were methods for getting predictions for months and years. Or you could calculate the number for a location, a street address or a city, and see if it was fortunate and  compatible with your numbers. That was about it. It sounds like they've elaborated quite a lot since then.

Yes there are ways to calculate a personal year or month. My favourite authority on Life Paths in Dan Milliman, his work is used by many numerologists and his descriptions of the various life paths are widely copied verbatim over the internet. Worth checking him out if you are interesting in Life Path numbers.

 

8 hours ago, katrinka said:

No, this was definitely called a birth path number. I've never heard of birthday numbers being used by themselves.

Birthday number can be used within a larger calculation or on their own. My husband, for example was born on a birthday number that was considered unlucky by some of his superstitious family... which brings me too....

 

8 hours ago, katrinka said:

They used to advise people to find something that yielded fortunate numbers, even if they had to tweak the spelling a little. An unlucky number wasn't "the right Expression for the time", you had to change it if you didn't want bad luck.

unlucky numbers is not an idea I subscribe to myself. Numbers like everything vibrate at different frequencies, and bring with them their own unique set of characteristics, but none are inherently unlucky in my book. Though depending on the life path you are currently working, some can bring more challenges than others. I know some people really aim for good numbers when naming a child for instance. But what is good anyway? What they deem to be good in their eyes from their level of perception.

 

8 hours ago, katrinka said:

Aieee, destiny number? Now they're using a term that used to mean something else!

I don't use the term myself, just because I think it has an unfortunate underlying tone and meaning that eludes to a lack of free will. I'm a bit anal about word choice that way, and Expression number seems to sum it up nicely. But yes, terminology changes, and perhaps is even just used differently depending on the system you were taught? 
 

8 hours ago, katrinka said:

LOL, when I got my adoption records unsealed, the papers said my name was "Baby Tammy."
I do NOT feel like a Tammy. Nor do I "hear the cottonwoods whisperin' above." So I can relate. 🙂

Wow! That must have been a very jarring experience for you, I'm sorry. It's good to have a sense of humour about these things, but I can imagine it may have been an uncomfortable thing to go through. My parents changed our family name when I was young, and I was 100% against it, but had no say over the matter. At the time there was still a little xenophobia, and instead of truncating the name to keep it's essence (cutting off the -ski from the end for example, was a more common fix), they changed it completely. And for some unknown reason my Mother decided to change the spelling of my middle name at the same time. I'm still angry about that one. I felt zero connection to my new name, and felt like a fraud. The kids I went to school with were very confused and inquisitive, and I just wanted to hide. When I got married - I happily took my husbands name for that reason. 

 

8 hours ago, katrinka said:

The name stuff is a major pain in the butt. Mine is such a muddle that I don't even mess with it anymore. I probably have a full dozen names, and I'm not even on the lam, lol.

I can imagine it would have been quite complicated. My vote is to go with what feels best to you, or use a combination of a couple numbers that resonate the most. In ancient times, children weren't even given a name till it was deemed they would survive childhood, and names were often bestowed on people after they rose to special stations in life. I feel like it can be a naturally fluid situation - and if I ever had to be on the lam I could think of a few cool aliases I could go by. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Oxfret
20 hours ago, katrinka said:

I knew someone who really was a genius, and he loved numbers. He saw a certain beauty in the way they worked out. Kind of like the way the digits in multiples of 9 will always add up to 9, but he was into the complicated stuff. He used to post math things on facebook sometimes. I think if you can see the beauty in them, like he did, you apply yourself and get good with them. But for the rest of us, they're tedious, sometimes painfully so.

@katrinka I love the way you put this. I'm more of a word person myself but I've been having this feeling about the cards and it's really good to have it put into words. Thank you 😛

@Grace
  I tend to agree with you about the universal energy, but I am still coming out of the disbelief faze I guess lol. I'm very dizzied by numbers myself, I think I am 29/11 to then? 

...I would assume that if you have confusing name lineage (Like I do as well) that likely only lends to the complexity of of your life path? I don't know anything about this stuff, just following my common sense usually works.

I'm on a "let the cards show me the way" tirade right now lol. So I will likely be a little while before I go to the effort of researching the numbers. I expect I'll be told when the time is right, but this is all super interesting, I enjoyed the commentary. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Grace said:

unlucky numbers is not an idea I subscribe to myself. Numbers like everything vibrate at different frequencies, and bring with them their own unique set of characteristics, but none are inherently unlucky in my book. Though depending on the life path you are currently working, some can bring more challenges than others. I know some people really aim for good numbers when naming a child for instance. But what is good anyway? What they deem to be good in their eyes from their level of perception.

*light comes on*

OK, I think I see what happened.
I can draw a parallel to cards. The traditional idea is that there are good, bad and neutral cards. Then, in the 80's, people started writing about nonpredictive reading and putting the idea out there that there are "no bad cards": Death became "transformation", etc. The same thing seems to be at play here. Difficult numbers are softened.

The old numerology literature doesn't say "OK, you're screwed for life, give up." The unlucky numbers do carry suggestions like "control your emotions", "do not permit yourself to drift through life", and "if you work hard at overcoming this vibration, you will succeed." Evn if it's something you can't change, like a birth path, you're not doomed. But some numbers ARE considered very difficult.

I find that useful. If you're going to move, a place that works out to 7 is much more desirable than one that works out to 5. But if 5 has been altered and made to look just as auspicious as 7, you don't really have an answer. I'm happy with the traditional ideas and methods. You do you, of course. 😉

Edited by katrinka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grace
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, katrinka said:

*light comes on*

OK, I think I see what happened.
I can draw a parallel to cards. The traditional idea is that there are good, bad and neutral cards. Then, in the 80's, people started writing about nonpredictive reading and putting the idea out there that there are "no bad cards": Death became "transformation", etc. The same thing seems to be at play here. Difficult numbers are softened.

The old numerology literature doesn't say "OK, you're screwed for life, give up." The unlucky numbers do carry suggestions like "control your emotions", "do not permit yourself to drift through life", and "if you work hard at overcoming this vibration, you will succeed." Evn if it's something you can't change, like a birth path, you're not doomed. But some numbers ARE considered very difficult.

I find that useful. If you're going to move, a place that works out to 7 is much more desirable than one that works out to 5. But if 5 has been altered and made to look just as auspicious as 7, you don't really have an answer. I'm happy with the traditional ideas and methods. You do you, of course. 😉

100% You got it! It really is open to some level of interpretation in my opinion. I don't mean to be intentionally vague, but I really do believe there is no wrong or right with a lot of this kind of thing. Go with your gut I say!

 

Here is a link that will calculate your life path for you.

https://www.peacefulwarrior.com/life-purpose-calculator/

 

@Oxfret you could very well be a 29/11, or a different 11 variation.

 

Once you have your digits, you can look into your numbers in more detail. Even a simple Google search "##/## life path" (eg. 29/11 life path) should bring up quite a bit of information, maybe even free snippets from Dan Milliman's chapter referring to your life path specifically.

 

It certainly is a lot of fun, and can be quite enlightening.

 

5 hours ago, Oxfret said:

I would assume that if you have confusing name lineage (Like I do as well) that likely only lends to the complexity of of your life path? I don't know anything about this stuff, just following my common sense usually works.

It guess it depends on your perspective. Confusing to one person, or adding richness and colour to another. You can only do what feels right to you in the moment.

Edited by Grace
Put up better web link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
katrinka
5 hours ago, Grace said:

Wow! That must have been a very jarring experience for you, I'm sorry.

Nothing that intense, nobody expected me to use the name Baby Tammy. My name was legally changed from that when I was an infant.
It was just kind of a "bleh" moment.

 

5 hours ago, Grace said:

. In ancient times, children weren't even given a name till it was deemed they would survive childhood, and names were often bestowed on people after they rose to special stations in life. I feel like it can be a naturally fluid situation - and if I ever had to be on the lam I could think of a few cool aliases I could go by. 🤣

 There's a tradition among some Natives to have different names at different stages of your life. You'd have a kid name, and when you grew up you might have a name taken from a vision you had, or something you did to distinguish yourself in battle. When you got old, you might take another name, something more humble. And I have read that the Lakota are also given a secret name by a winkte when they're babies. This name is never used and it's only known by a few. Somehow all of that seems more fitting than naming an infant *whatever* and expecting it to fit their whole life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grace
16 minutes ago, katrinka said:

And I have read that the Lakota are also given a secret name by a winkte when they're babies. This name is never used and it's only known by a few. Somehow all of that seems more fitting than naming an infant *whatever* and expecting it to fit their whole life.

I tend to agree. We are always evolving, changing, growing, it makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.