Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 148 : May 9 - May 15

Posted (edited)

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. tarot_cat - The Robin Wood Tarot and Medicine Cards

2. VGimlet - El Goliath Tarot

3. Queen of Nothing - Tarot Mucha

4. Amberjune - Tarot de St.Croix and the Secrets of the Mystical Grove Oracle

5. Bodhiseed - Legacy of Divine Tarot and Tea Leaf Reading Cards

6. Mi-Shell - Celtic Oracle

7. Raggydoll - Herbcrafter's Tarot

8. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Tarot of the Sephiroth

(458)

Edited by VGimlet
tarot_cat

Thanks for the new thread! I'd like to sign up with The Robin Wood Tarot and Medicine Cards (like revisiting old friends, ha!).

This week I'm in with the El Goliath Tarot.   I have no memory of this tarot, and I kind of like that when I go into a deck pretty much completely blind, only knowing I liked the art or the theme enough to buy it.  

It is a gorgeous 80+ degree day here - first warm day of the year.   I'm off this weekend, might even make a fire in the firepit and chill tonight.  🙂   I was just thinking how strange it was to have missed spring - we went in to lock down when it was still officially winter, and probably won't be back to work until nearly summer.  

I'm in this week with my Tarot Mucha. I'm using it to work my way through Tarot 101 by Kim Huggins. I have a few tarot books so most of my tarot learning had basically been meaning memorization, but I bought this one recently because it's a workbook. So hopefully my skills will grow, since I've felt very stagnant for a long time. It doesn't help that I fall off from reading for months at a time, but I'm trying 🙃 😖  

Amberjune

@VGimlet, ditto! I definitely spent the majority of spring inside.

This week I am using the Tarot de St.Croix and the Secrets of the Mystical Grove Oracle.

VG, I just watched Katie Flowers do an unboxing video with the El Goliath - the cards are lovely, interesting and huge!

I'm in this with with the Legacy of Divine Tarot paired with Tea Leaf Reading Cards.

Mi-Shell

This week I will be exploring the Celtic Oracle box set.

I have this one since years - received it in a re-gifting game.....

It almost looks like a game with a nice large book, 3 different kinds of cards and a scroll, mysteriously rolled up and secured with a ribbon.

There also are stickers of some sort.......

1465548250_CelticOracle1.jpg.5ee3dc51e364a60ec1f0f302707cb195.jpg    443223381_insidebox.thumb.jpg.033b1d4984c409c011bbd3f4004c76f0.jpg

cards.jpg.b758754a04ad6f85c5e14788f276f745.jpg  book.jpg.9104ec5537fcb9390dbd2a7eac1c28b8.jpg

I thought I could join in. I am getting to know the Herbcrafters tarot. I have had this deck since it was released and for some reason I have never gotten into it. So now I am consistently pulling a card from this deck every morning in order to bond with it. So far, I am really enjoying it. The cards I have pulled these past days have all had herbs that I am familiar with and so I have had the chance to see what I think of the correspondences/card meanings. They seem well thought out and my first impression is that they do not contradict my own experiences. I have also felt like the guidance was on point for that day. I hope to have this become a work horse deck for me but its too soon to tell.  

On 5/8/2020 at 9:20 PM, Queen of Nothing said:

I'm in this week with my Tarot Mucha. I'm using it to work my way through Tarot 101 by Kim Huggins. I have a few tarot books so most of my tarot learning had basically been meaning memorization, but I bought this one recently because it's a workbook. So hopefully my skills will grow, since I've felt very stagnant for a long time. It doesn't help that I fall off from reading for months at a time, but I'm trying 🙃 😖  

workbooks are worth the perseverance...stick with it! You may not agree with everything you learn, but your trove of knowledge and skill will certainly be increased. 

Mi-Shell, I remember having that set early on, drew a total blank. I wish you success! 

VG, I'm using the Tarot of the Sephiroth, thank you for keeping up the group. I really had to hunt through my list to find a deck I haven't used this cycle, time to retype, reorganize, and begin a new cycle through my decks. This is week number 653 for me. 

On 5/9/2020 at 6:20 AM, Queen of Nothing said:

I have gone through stagnant phases over the years and for the first decades I fell in and out of love with tarot. But every time I picked it back up again I found that the knowledge and the skills had matured (perhaps even marinated 😁) a bit since last time. So I realized that it was all part of the process for me. Maybe it’s part of the process for you too? I haven’t done many workbooks but I know several

people that have felt them to be game changers. So I say, give it a go. And be kind to yourself 🙂

This week I'll be using the Legacy of the Divine Tarot, created and self-published by Ciro Marchetti. I'll pair with it the Tea Leaf Reading Cards, created and self-published by Karin Dalton-Smith. Today's draws are the Two of Swords and Cross:

2sw.jpgcross_0002.jpg

This masked person gives the impression that whatever decision is about to be made, someone won't be happy with it. It is impossible to make everyone happy, and that is really not the purpose of most hard decisions anyway. The Cross suggests a sacrifice, with wishes being put aside for needs and opinions taking a backseat to facts. A student once asked Zen master Yunmen what was the purpose or goal of practice. He replied, "An appropriate response." Perhaps that is the answer to discerning what is the best choice - the one most appropriate.

The right choice is hardly ever the easy choice.

― Rick Riordan

On 5/9/2020 at 5:25 AM, Bodhiseed said:

VG, I just watched Katie Flowers do an unboxing video with the El Goliath - the cards are lovely, interesting and huge!

The cards are really huge - and I am finding it quite readable and likeable,  nature based decks are a favorite for me, and this one is nice without (so far) seeming either too derivative or culturally appropriated - granted it's only two days in, but so far so good. 

On 5/9/2020 at 8:11 AM, Mi-Shell said:

This week I will be exploring the Celtic Oracle box set.

That is an interesting deck Mi-Shell, the cards are very interesting.  

14 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

This is week number 653 for me. 

🙂    Wow, we've been doing this forever AJ. LOL.   Someday I need to go and figure out how long I've been doing this.   Just for kicks...

So, the Herbcrafters tarot.. I have been using it for daily guidance and I have found it to be really on point. Last week I decided to pull a card in the evening, as I was contemplating what book to pick up. The card I got said "Take a break from gathering thoughts and ideas. You have already learned so much!" and it felt like the perfect message. So I made myself a cup of tea and read some fiction. Another time I was given the message of trusting my intuition and establishing firm boundaries, and on that day - it turned out to be a really wise move. This morning the sun was shining and I felt really energized, and I had the urge to do something special today. I pulled a card and got the Chariot (cedar). The guidebook said, among other things: "Life is a forward-moving gift. Embark on a deeper quest; learn from ancient wisdom and forge a new path. Travel between the worlds of heaven and earth." That was very spot on 🙂 I will continue with daily draws for a while longer and then I will try it out with some bigger readings. I have a hunch that this deck might work best when only one or two cards are pulled for guidance. But we shall see!

CF92F908-F1DB-4ACF-87A2-D2CF4574A718.thumb.jpeg.2d20e4c77bacc08237cf958952a02c7b.jpeg

Just now, Bodhiseed said:

@Raggydoll, I too think highly of the Herbcrafter's Tarot, and as you predicted, I enjoy it for daily draws rather than big spreads. 

That’s so interesting, I wonder if that is how the majority of people end up using it or if some feel that it’s better for big readings. 

2 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

That’s so interesting, I wonder if that is how the majority of people end up using it or if some feel that it’s better for big readings. 

For me, there is a lot to be gotten from one card, and so having too many cards feels like having too much information to sort through. 🙂

Raggydoll, I like your card  holder. This is mine holding my card of the day, being a blingy girl 🙂 I have another upstairs that holds my meditation cards, they sometimes sit there for weeks while I think on the lesson. 

card holder.jpg

16 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

Raggydoll, I like your card  holder. This is mine holding my card of the day, being a blingy girl 🙂 I have another upstairs that holds my meditation cards, they sometimes sit there for weeks while I think on the lesson. 

card holder.jpg

Thank you! Yours is lovely! I made those card holders myself in multiple colors with cernit clay! I simply took one of those clay sticks and pressed on it a little bit to make sure it would stand up and then I made a slit in it and baked it. It was super quick and worked really well. There is no crumbling and no color transfer either. 

Did you paint those rocks yourself? I love it! 

No, I have a friend who I commission to do my Word Of The Year every year. She was told as a child she had no talents at all, that that her hands were too fat to make anything interesting. Sinful. So it is my way of supporting healing. As the new year rolls in the rocks become a part of a bigger collection upstairs...near the meditation card 🙂 

I've never worked with clay, your holder idea is brilliant, thank you for sharing. 

Mi-Shell
Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2020 at 9:30 AM, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

Mi-Shell, I remember having that set early on, drew a total blank. I wish you success! 

Thank you, @AJ-ish/Sharyn ♥

I find, reading the nice book that comes with the set to me is like an abbreviated refresher of Celtic lore, Druidri and Celtic oracle reading.

So far in he morning i drew one card of each, the Animals, the Plants and the Celtic wisdom cards. (I am not toooo impressed with some of these last ones...)

I found it Very auspicious, that the very first animal card I drew was/ is the"Cailleach- Oidche" The Old Woman Owl!♥

I am sure, that opened my heart to this set.

Today my cards are:

- The Gearr, the Hare, who's ears make up a Celtic knotwork and who speaks of abundance, birth and rebirth, creativity and fulfillment.

- Beth, the Birch, - change, renewal, patience and Quiet determination as well as sweeping away negativity - all things I neeeeed to do and hear - and also relating to the huuuge Birch Trees right in front of our house, where later i have to harvest some Chargas.......

- The Wisdom Card sounds sooooo nice:

"The Spirit of SummerThe Woods have put on their green mantle and summer is on the throne, playing its string music. 

Hush, listen!

The world is alive!"

I looove that saying - it is quite premature for us this year.

while we normally would already b dealing with the arrival of the Blackflies, this year it is still VERY cold, we have no leaves on any Trees and are expecting - 6 centigrade and snow tonight.

So I will have to save that card for next month......

Edited by Mi-Shell
adding:
49 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

No, I have a friend who I commission to do my Word Of The Year every year. She was told as a child she had no talents at all, that that her hands were too fat to make anything interesting. Sinful. So it is my way of supporting healing. As the new year rolls in the rocks become a part of a bigger collection upstairs...near the meditation card 🙂 

I've never worked with clay, your holder idea is brilliant, thank you for sharing. 

That’s wonderful! I agree that it’s horrible when people are told such things. It can do irreparable damage! 

I’ve been pairing the Herbcrafters with another deck - the bird oracle - but I’ll discuss that deck next week since I plan on putting it more in focus then. I still wanted to show how nicely the cards go together and how the imagery seem to resonate. Today’s card is Adelita of Earth - again, very fitting! 

1459927A-ED8A-4BB9-94EE-748C0EA2F212.thumb.jpeg.481208d5d08f8daf328be248a209acca.jpeg

Yesterday’s combo:

81EB8BAD-8BA7-4B88-8923-7602C44F569A.thumb.jpeg.c7acb149495bca5ff5184dab11b96dd9.jpeg

40EBE699-4D48-4FB6-B640-F0DA04301A75.thumb.jpeg.956f5d6238d6b2ae2c86a0feb5baef84.jpeg