What's The Postman Bringing?

7 hours ago, Decan said:

I didn’t know this Lenormand but it looks very correct!

It's pretty and it looks readable and fairly correct. I wouldn't say "very" - that would require splitting hairs: the Lilies should be white, and the fish should be a school of fish in the ocean. Goldfish just don't say "money/abundance" the way a big catch does. And it would be better with insets, especially for someone still learning so they can note the face cards and the suits. 

But it isn't bad. And I can't throw stones, my beloved Schmidt has an aquarium on the Fish card.

The postwoman just brought me the Witches wisdom tarot! I wasn’t planning on purchasing a deck this year. I had two preorders coming but that was it. Then I heard that Danielle Barlow had illustrated a deck.... Danielle is a really talented British artist who did the Green Wheel Oracle. I also have her seasonal greeting cards. They are stunning! I will post more pictures shortly in our unboxing thread, but I will say that it’s incredible that you can purchase a mass produced deck of this quality these days! Exciting!! 

3BE7F0ED-C6E7-4D9E-9307-49647D02F79A.thumb.jpeg.8c9046cebc2a70b4b182fc04bc808b90.jpeg

E8C584B0-6FB9-4F02-A57E-A2790A7DC5AA.thumb.jpeg.1ac87f220d8217acf3172dc90d69729b.jpeg

0FE91B27-6C44-419F-A2B0-ACF70DCA0F8F.thumb.jpeg.906b3685e75a6fcfe39c0a92d2e2769b.jpeg

57E40796-BAC0-4AB9-8B50-69BC8A2ACA3A.thumb.jpeg.7edee00871699c3e2bbf28651dfa9360.jpeg

On 11/3/2020 at 6:04 AM, Decan said:

It could be your "go-to", why not! I like its old world vibe but colorful (not bland).

Oh yes Decan, it only must pass the in-person test.  That specific time when we are seeing if a deck we've been enamoured with in pictures 

truley resonates with us in hand.  I"m nearly certain this specific Lenormand will!

9 minutes ago, Wyrdkiss said:

Oh yes Decan, it only must pass the in-person test.  That specific time when we are seeing if a deck we've been enamoured with in pictures 

truley resonates with us in hand.  I"m nearly certain this specific Lenormand will!

With Lenormand we deal with the meanings first, the images on the cards are just there to remind the meanings but that's all, at least it's what I understand.

With Tarot the images have likely more importance.

Since I love beautiful decks of cards I understand of course but with Lenormand what is the most important is that you resonate with the method more than with the cards.

I took a little break from Lenormand lately but often I just took a quick look at the cards and was in my mind with the meanings and the possible combinations, not so much with the cards.

Well, maybe I'm all wrong, lol 🙂

It's important to don't "tarotize" Lenormand, it's what I want to say.

17 minutes ago, Decan said:

With Lenormand we deal with the meanings first, the images on the cards are just there to remind the meanings but that's all, at least it's what I understand.

With Tarot the images have likely more importance.

Since I love beautiful decks of cards I understand of course but with Lenormand what is the most important is that you resonate with the method more than with the cards.

I took a little break from Lenormand lately but often I just took a quick look at the cards and was in my mind with the meanings and the possible combinations, not so much with the cards.

Well, maybe I'm all wrong, lol 🙂

It's important to don't "tarotize" Lenormand, it's what I want to say.

As a new reader of Lenormand and  long time reader of tarot, this is VERY Helpful. Thank you. It is, to say the least, certainly a different experience!  WHen it arrives I'll take more pics and post in the unboxing thread. Thanks!

legendaryelement

My budget for 2021 is spent, but I think I will be happy! LOL

4 decks by LunariaGold/Curioseum (etsy)

Telluric Tarot

Telluric Runes

Irish Ogham

Phoenician Oracle

I have had an exceptional month. Firstly, bought the Granny Jones Australian Tarot from a lovely woman. Never thought I'd  get my hands on one. 🤸‍♀️ 
Then I've just bought the Spirit Keeper's Tarot, Vitruvian version!🤸‍♀️ Can't wait for postie...

Love the art on the Witches Wisdom deck... I haven't seen Danielle's oracle deck. I have one of Phyllis Curott's books somewhere, and enjoyed it.

Amberjune
6 hours ago, Mab said:

I have had an exceptional month. Firstly, bought the Granny Jones Australian Tarot from a lovely woman.

Omg, that is amazing! Congratulations!! 😀

LogicalHue

I've waffled on the Light Visions Tarot for a while, but I ordered it other day and got my tracking emailed to me! I'm excited that the current edition is matt and very glad I didn't get a shiny one earlier! 

16 hours ago, LogicalHue said:

Whoops, didn't realize Dark Wood is gigantic, gotta move up my re-arrangement plans!

PXL_20201129_213634013.thumb.jpg.56cae98242c4f69e0dd8b6baaac4cc83.jpg

Oh NOOO!!!! Is it really that big?

I have just ordeded it and I love the pictures and I can´t wait..

But..oh boy..! If the cards are that big even trimming off the edges won't help much at all..😭

30 minutes ago, Hemera said:

Oh NOOO!!!! Is it really that big?

I have just ordeded it and I love the pictures and I can´t wait..

But..oh boy..! If the cards are that big even trimming off the edges won't help much at all..😭

I don't think the cards are huge, I think its just for the book. I have two other decks in boxes that size and the cards are totally normal size. You should be fine! It was just the surprise shelf space for me, I had everything all planned out!