What's The Postman Bringing?

On 9/15/2020 at 10:02 AM, Nanook said:

It’s kind of shocking but I received notification that my Bonestone & Earthflesh Tarot has shipped.  

Yep, same surprise for me to get notification and today it was delivered ! 😃

On 9/4/2020 at 1:57 PM, gregory said:

AAAH yes. I THINK Tarot of the Divine is on its way. Over the last three days I have had notification that my payment (of a pre-order made 10 days ago and which was acknowledged as valid at the time) was declined, checked my paypal and the attached credit card, where it has gone through just fine. been told that not to worry, my money has NOT been taken, and been notified that the order on which my payment was declined has been mailed. And today the help desk has reassured me that my  money has not been, and will not be, taken.... Watching with interest.....

(This, by the way, is with an outstanding UK bookstore where I have shopped since the 1960s, and where I had an account until they stopped doing them in the same way. It's weird. When (if) the deck arrives I have a long email ready to go to someone above that help desk....)

YES it ARRIVED. I sent a long email to the store and they say I did make two orders and payment was declined one one. I don't know how this could be - the first was apparently made before I'd even heard of the deck - but hey - one deck, one payment; I will get over it !

My B & E is not yet dispatched...

xTheHermitx

my Wilderwoven Tarot is here!!!! What a great way to bring in the fall...the images are very cool. Have been studying it the past few nights. Love it.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:55 AM, TheFeeLion said:

@RavenOfSummer oh Dark Wood! I've been eyeing that up for a while now, please let me know what you think of it! 

I will! It was a bit of an impulse buy for me after seeing some pics of it on Instagram, although I first became aware of it a couple of months ago and was intrigued. I'm a fan of the gothic aesthetic but had never managed to find a deck along those lines that really called me, but I when I saw this deck I thought maybe it could be that one for me that I've been missing! On my first look-through my first thought was, this deck is WEIRD, but in a good way! The art makes me think of a cross between the old Aeon Flux animated show (not sure how many people are familiar with that...it was on MTV in the US) and a Tim Burton creation. The cards are pretty strongly RWS-based but with what feels like an almost subversive twist with these dark/spooky/creepy characters offering you answers. In short, I think I'm really going to like it 😃 I'll hopefully get a chance to read with it this weekend and will share more thoughts once I start working with it!

So ive been generally pretty good about my tarot collecing the last few months and done very well restricting myself.

I fell off the wagon today and bought four of them in one go:

- Tarot of the Devine (plus Under the Moon)

- Light Seers

- Anima Antiqua Sopraffino 

- The Ellis DecK 5th edition.

That last one is a complete spur of the moment order too. I was watching Supportive Tarot's deck declutter videos and ordered before watching the end of the video. The vector style art is new to me, but I feel like it will fit in really well in my collection.

I have no idea about the Swedish situation - that shouldn't change, as you get to stay in (weep sob). YOU will start having to pay on stuff from the UK if they don't sort something, though. And WE will start having to pay on stuff from the EU - which will be a killer in terms of my annual Lo Scarabeo order....

But for stuff from the US and other such places - nothing changes. Anything that happens is only about the UK and the rest of the world. That said - I have never had to pay on stuff sent from China (my deck has now been on a plane that has left China for two whole days. SOME plane....)

1 hour ago, gregory said:

I have no idea about the Swedish situation - that shouldn't change, as you get to stay in (weep sob). YOU will start having to pay on stuff from the UK if they don't sort something, though. And WE will start having to pay on stuff from the EU - which will be a killer in terms of my annual Lo Scarabeo order....

But for stuff from the US and other such places - nothing changes. Anything that happens is only about the UK and the rest of the world. That said - I have never had to pay on stuff sent from China (my deck has now been on a plane that has left China for two whole days. SOME plane....)

I was thinking about the baba studio shipment (fantastic menagerie). It should ship in the coming month and they are located in Ireland. I *think* there is some sort of agreement between us and the U.K. until the end of this year.