What's The Postman Bringing?

1 hour ago, Hedera said:

It's been ages since I bought a tarot deck, but I just discovered the Gentle Tarot (here: https://thegentletarot.com although shipping to the EU is cheaper on Etsy, https://www.etsy.com/listing/870517754/the-gentle-tarot . Some wonderful blog posts and card musings on her own site though).

I love the colours, and the way everything is just warm and saturated; it reminds me a bit of the Golden RWS (the oop one) in that way, which I don't have.

Pretty untraditional, but in a way that *really* clicks with me. Seeing the images brought tears to my eyes.

Perhaps it's a 'nice-washed' deck, but I really don't care: life has been a little too interesting in the past year, I can do with some gentle warmth.

Besides, usually it's the softest, sweetest decks with the most harmless looking cards that give me readings like a spiritual uppercut! 😄

~~~

Edit: oh, and she is working on a pocket version, too!!

:heart:

What a beautiful project! 🙂 good choice!!

legendaryelement

Lots of items arrived today!!!

* Decks *

Fairy Lights Tarot (Lucia Mattioli)
Three Trees Tarot Volume I.I ~ Oak, Ash & Thorn

* Books *

The Book of Lines - Chetan Parkyn

Human Design Type Guidebooks A Complete Collection - Nani Chesire & Emily Vino

Cosmic Secrets A Key to Self Discovery {Beyond Human Design} - Eleanor Haspel-Portner, Ph.D.

Astrology Essentials Understanding Charts {Beyond Human Design} - Eleanor Haspel-Portner, Ph.D.

Anabiyeni
On 1/9/2021 at 7:36 AM, Mab said:

I am so happy with the post today! The Rumi tarot arrived.

Rumi Tarot? I love the poet Rumi, but have not heard of a deck regarding him. Back when I first picked up the Osho Zen deck, I scribbled snippets of Rumi poetry on nearly every page of the guidebook. If I'm struggling to interpret a card, I will still refer to the Rumi quotes instead of the actual text.

The stars aligned and 2 of my decks which have been lingering in postal limbo landed: the Dragon Age: Inquisition Tarot Deck, and the Forgotten Legends Tarot Deck. The Dragon Age deck is the genuine article, and I got it for a very reasonable price, so I'm thrilled with that. I've been after it for ages.

The Forgotten Legends Deck is amazing but sadly, the gold stamping on the Major Arcana is off-alignment by several millimeters. 😞 I emailed the shop to discuss our options with them; I only need the Majors, which possibly they could send to me in a faster letter package. We'll see how that goes.

I also received my copy of the Minute Tarot. So it was overall a good day at the mailbox. 🙂

legendaryelement

Found these today when I was looking for correspondences between the Human Designs Centers and the chakras and/or sephiroth of the Tree of Life

https://www.daylunalife.com/product-page/human-design-chakra-crystals

Note to self: two replies have said there is no 1:1 correlation. We shall see what info this set includes/suggests ...

Edited by legendaryelement
legendaryelement

My lovely set of crystals arrived! A bit of concern when a Penske truck pulled into my yard instead of the UPS that I was expecting, so I didn't open the door until the person had left. There was no pamphlet; just a card listing which Human Design bodygraph center was made of which gemstone. They are small pyramids with the chakra symbol engraved on what would the base/bottom face. Pics, you say ...

HDchakraCS_1.jpg

HDchakraCS_2.jpg

HDchakraCS_3.JPG

Lillymae

The Lonely Ice Tarot is on its way and I also purchased a 2nd hand Crow Tarot hopefully arriving any day too!  

Libra 58

I have bought "Dreams of Gaia" by Ravynne Phelan.
It's different, more cards and very beautiful.

I have the standard Keymaster Tarot on the way, and I already regret the impulse buy. I let myself get carried away by the art for the majors, but I don't read Marseille or pip decks. That said, I do have The Carnival at the End of the World on its way, and I'm hype about that one. I love weird decks like that.

midrena

I'm normally not one for collage art but I absolutely love the very well-blended, dreamy style of the Tarot of Mystical Moments and am excitedly waiting for its EU release on April 1. I've been looking at tons of deck walk-throughs and find myself unexpectedly in love. I'm debating whether to get the oracle to go with it.

I recently received the Hush Tarot and just adore that deck. The first time I saw the Hush Tarot when it was released, I didn't like the images and thought of it as too dark/creepy for me, but I was watching flip-through videos of it a couple weeks ago and found myself unexpectedly falling in love with it. (Unexpectedly falling in love twice in the same month?! My word...)  All the images I found creepy were now fierce and empowering to me, so guess I had to be in the right mindset to appreciate it. 🙂  The Hush Tarot is my current favorite at the moment, taking that spot away from the Shadowscapes Tarot (at least for now), which is something I never thought would ever happen.

legendaryelement

I received the companion books from MRP/Baba Studios for:

Tarot of Prague (2016) - b&w card illustrations

The Mythical Creatures Tarot (2020) - color card illustrations

Then I ordered the other 2 available books that I don’t have:

Alice (2nd edition)

Victorian Romantic (3rd edition)

I found myself suddenly buying the Terra Volatile tarot by Credo Quia Absurdum, a Portuguese duo.

It was a pit pricey but it was love at first sight - I wasn't shopping for a new deck at all, but saw the deck, kept looking at the images and then placed the order within just a few hours. The deck looks stunning, well-done engraving collages with a historical feel but illustrated pips and what appears to be good attention to symbolism and detail. They've added some alternative cards and a whole extra suit so that one can pick and mix the deck they want to use - it's 92 cards!

I couldn't find any full flipthroughs (seems to be a new deck) so it's a bit of a risky buy, very unusual for me. But it just happened by itself almost! And now there's nothing to do but wait.