Lenormand Beginner Friendly Decks and books?

Aliki

I'm searching for my first lenormand decks so do you consider these decks beginner friendly?

Blue Bird Lenormand

Gypsy Witch Fortune Telling Cards

Lenormand Fortune Telling Cards

Any other deck suggestions?

Also I'm searching for some Lenormand beginner books and i stumbled upon this A practical guide to the lenormand oracle cards i noticed it says oracle thought some info on this one feedback and other lenormand book suggestions would be much appreciated ☺️🙏

Edited by Aliki

I started with Blue Bird Lenormand deck and the book Essential LeNormand by Rana George.

I also really like Ciro Marchetti's LeNormand deck.

Edited by Misterei

24 minutes ago, Misterei said:

I started with Blue Bird Lenormand deck and the book Essential LeNormand by Rana George.

Thank you for the suggestions much appreciated ☺️

26 minutes ago, Misterei said:

By chance is that the gilded reverie lenormand? I adore this deck I've seen it so many times but i didn't knew if it was for beginners 

Just now, Aliki said:

By chance is that the gilded reverie lenormand? I adore this deck I've seen it so many times but i didn't knew if it was for beginners 

Yes. Ciro Marchetti Gilded LeNormand. This is the deck that got me into LeNormand. I bought it just for the pictures. Then I thought ... I might as well learn to read LeNormand. I got the Blue Bird so i could follow along with books ... but I found Gilded LeNormand was very easy to read as a beginner. Ciro puts a lot of emotion into his pictures ... so they touch my emotions when i read.

17 minutes ago, Misterei said:

Yes. Ciro Marchetti Gilded LeNormand. This is the deck that got me into LeNormand. I bought it just for the pictures. Then I thought ... I might as well learn to read LeNormand. I got the Blue Bird so i could follow along with books ... but I found Gilded LeNormand was very easy to read as a beginner. Ciro puts a lot of emotion into his pictures ... so they touch my emotions when i read.

Same here i got into lenormand by the expanded edition of gilded reverie and zigeuner wahrsagekarten decks i also really like the kipper one but i was drawn into them before i started tarot myself so i started from the basics with a rws deck which was one of the decks that eventually got me into tarot and a rws based angel oracle then i got a love tarot masterpiece which was the other deck that got me into tarot and a love oracle i really wanted a reprint though but still do its job great and that's pretty much it 😃

I started reading during 2020 so i wanted to pretty slowly expand into several decks after I build a foundation on my tarot knowledge and as a reader as well so I'm just starting to look on other type of decks and cards like lenormand cartomancy thoth etc now

Edited by Aliki

@Aliki I've been reading Tarot 43 years. I came to LeNormand late in life. Around 4 years ago. I never got into kipper or sibilla. I have one Minchiate deck ... but I haven't had the time to learn it just now. Plus its 97 cards. Whew!

I have a set of Russian Pasyan cards and book with the unfortunate title Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling cards. I like them but need the book to read them. I haven't memorized them yet.

10 minutes ago, Misterei said:

@Aliki I've been reading Tarot 43 years. I came to LeNormand late in life. Around 4 years ago. I never got into kipper or sibilla. I have one Minchiate deck ... but I haven't had the time to learn it just now. Plus its 97 cards. Whew!

I have a set of Russian Pasyan cards and book with the unfortunate title Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling cards. I like them but need the book to read them. I haven't memorized them yet.

These are so many cards fr indeed 😅 

Wow it really shows thought you seem like you have so much knowledge both on tarot and astrology by the way you talk about them and the guidance you give 

It's difficult to learn any type i think it takes much time practice much exploring and digging much dedication on learning but mostly much love for it but also much much time i was watching tarot and  exploring for about 4 years before i start reading myself and i was lucky enough to also choose the best tarot book for me. personally i believe no matter the time I'll always keep on learning and keep on learning more different meanings for each card and combination.

one thing that really helped me thought besides studying and practice and reading for others was definitely keep watching and watching favourite readers i trust on readings with the decks i own it eventually gave me more insight and after so many times i eventually memorized them it definitely helped thought that i really enjoy their readings in general so i was for sure focused and paying attention ☺️

2 hours ago, DanielJUK said:

There are some nice suggestions from us for beginners in this thread here.....

Thank you Daniel 🙂 🙏

5 hours ago, joy said:

This was my first deck and I still use it a lot. 😃

It seems so cool and super affordable and simple with the meanings on may i ask if it had a guidebook or something by chance cause it doesn't tell? 😅

One important thing is to make sure the pictures are easy to identify. I have the Celtic Lenormand, and the house, coffin and tower look so similar, I have to look twice to see which one it is.

Now I search for a video that has a flip-through of the cards. A review of the deck can get long, but a flip-through is sometimes all you need.

I also prefer a playing card size. I found a very nice deck, which I bought used, and didn't realize it was bigger than playing cards. 

Hope this helps on your search!

10 hours ago, LadyBug_1216 said:

One important thing is to make sure the pictures are easy to identify. I have the Celtic Lenormand, and the house, coffin and tower look so similar, I have to look twice to see which one it is.

Now I search for a video that has a flip-through of the cards. A review of the deck can get long, but a flip-through is sometimes all you need.

I also prefer a playing card size. I found a very nice deck, which I bought used, and didn't realize it was bigger than playing cards. 

Hope this helps on your search!

It does thank you 😊

I really like this Lenormand oracle, I have tried to study them several times, but it is very difficult for me to connect with them. Since I have discovered this page I am going to take advantage of all this information to see if I can get them to tell me something

26 minutes ago, bego said:

I really like this Lenormand oracle, I have tried to study them several times, but it is very difficult for me to connect with them. Since I have discovered this page I am going to take advantage of all this information to see if I can get them to tell me something

Which one? Usually it helps me to have a chill energy at a quiet space when i first connect to a deck just holding it a bit look at the cards and artwork shuffle maybe if i feel it's right to give it my energy a bit and if it wanna give me something it will for at least a few days before i do a reading maybe start slowly with a card a day I'm trying to treat every spiritual tool with respect like a person just get to know it a bit first give it some of my time and focus on it a bit give it some of my energy it's just my perception thought everyone has different opinions hope this helps

32 minutes ago, bego said:

Also could help to just relax on a meditative state relax like quiet your mind chill back and relax and just go with the flow don't overthink a reading like forcing it just do it let it flow this usually helps me when i read on myself to connect with my intuition 

15 minutes ago, bego said:

@Aliki Thank you very much for your advice, I am going to try to apply it. Honestly, I have never started to meditate with the cards, everything is to try and see the result

Just try to be at a meditative state when you read on yourself to calm your mind and emotions I'm extremely gifted on reading others but struggle with reading on me and this really helped me and don't overthink a reading but focus and observe don't push it just let it flow and unfold naturally hope will help you it worked as a charm for me and honestly when i was reading on myself i used to feel dumb as a brick 😅 i almost give away my decks once before i start reading on others and realised it wasn't that I'm not meant for tarot i was just struggling to read for me cause of issues like mirroring,emotions, expectations,fear of reading wrong not connecting etc but i didn't had these when reading others cause it's usually easier especially if they're close ones

You're very welcome 🙂