Rachel Pollack

Niobium

So according to an update from Zoe posted on Neil Gaiman’s IG page, Rachel has passed on… It seems she went very peacefully with her loved ones by her side ❤️

45 minutes ago, KiMo said:

So according to an update from Zoe posted on Neil Gaiman’s IG page, Rachel has passed on… It seems she went very peacefully with her loved ones by her side ❤️

Are you sure? The post I can see is from 12 March.

4 minutes ago, joy said:

Are you sure? The post I can see is from 12 March.

Apologies @joy, I should have specified that it was posted on his stories.

I did not even know she was ill, and just found out today about her passing through this piece in The Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2023/apr/08/rachel-pollack-trans-activist-and-comic-book-writer-dies-aged-77

Rest in peace, Rachel. What a full life you led, and what a wonderful legacy you have left behind.

Edited by FLizarraga

She was truly a wonderful, courageous, and innovative person. Some people leave a bigger hole behind than others.  She leaves a huge one.  I just finished reading her 78 Degrees Of Wisdom for the first time, a few weeks ago.  But the very first tarot book I ever bought (aside from the little white books in the deck boxes), back in the early 1990s, was her The New Tarot.  I still have that and still refer to it often.  It's hard to get my head around the fact that she is gone.  😞

Everyone is absolutely welcome to post articles and obituaries they have seen online about Rachel, there are some great ones out there and she has had tv and radio coverage globally as well as newspapers and news sites ❤️

About Rachel in our community here. I started a thread a while ago asking for everyone's favourite books. It's to have a reference thread of tarot books and I think her Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom has been one of the most recommended books 🙂 -

Also back on our second birthday, we had interviews with some of the major Queens of Tarot, including Rachel -

https://www.thetarotforum.com/anniversary/

She would have most liked to have read for Hermes 🙂

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.