Lo Scarabeo Anima Antiqua Line

EmpyreanKnight

Any gaming deck can be read. 😉
It looks like you've got a lot of researching to do on those images, though.

Edited by katrinka

The 2 decks for 2022 have been announced!

spacer.png

Tarocchino Al Soldato (Anima Antiqua #11)
Release Date: 2022-10-01
ISBN: 9788865277485

spacer.png

Tarocchi Piacentini (Anima Antiqua #12)
Release Date: 2022-11-01
ISBN: 9788865277492

I'm a bit waiting for the Vandenborre Bacchus Tarot, I don't know if I remember correct, but did'nt they say they wanted to produce a Vandenborre too in the Anima Antiqua series?

On 1/15/2022 at 11:48 PM, Therese said:

I'm a bit waiting for the Vandenborre Bacchus Tarot, I don't know if I remember correct, but did'nt they say they wanted to produce a Vandenborre too in the Anima Antiqua series?

Was it from an interview with Lo Scarabeo? I remember having read an interview few years ago, and they were pitching some ideas they had for the line. It might come in 2023. For all I know, we only learn about the upcoming decks around December-January, and they publish only 2 decks a year. Same with the new 'Old Cartomancy' (Antica Cartomanzia) line.

18 hours ago, Morsoth said:

Was it from an interview with Lo Scarabeo? I remember having read an interview few years ago, and they were pitching some ideas they had for the line. It might come in 2023. For all I know, we only learn about the upcoming decks around December-January, and they publish only 2 decks a year. Same with the new 'Old Cartomancy' (Antica Cartomanzia) line.

If I only could remember - maybe it was an interview. I don't know why I was so sure that I never looked for an old version or newer ones from other publishers. Yes, 2022 this will not happen. Although I think there are really cool decks in the Anima Antiqua series and this year nice ones will be published. 

On 1/18/2022 at 11:04 AM, katrinka said:

I wish they had not added any fake dirty spots on the borders. You can clearly see that's the same filter added to all the cards. They could have, at worst, changed the pattern every time to make it more natural.

I have an older edition of theirs, bridge sized. It doesn't have the fake aging.
I'm sure those files still exist. Why not contact them and ask? They use a print on demand service, I think.

On 1/15/2022 at 12:29 PM, Morsoth said:

The 2 decks for 2022 have been announced!

Tarocchino Al Soldato (Anima Antiqua #11)
Release Date: 2022-10-01
ISBN: 9788865277485

Tarocchi Piacentini (Anima Antiqua #12)
Release Date: 2022-11-01
ISBN: 9788865277492

I’m waiting for the Soldato deck. Should be here in 2 weeks or so. I have a 1600s Bolognese style deck from the Museum of Tarot in Bologna … but it’s too nice and I’m afraid to actually read with it. I’m hoping the cheaper Lo Scarabeo deck won’t intimidate me as much! I’ve been reading with the Deviant Moon release of the Eduord Dotti 1800s deck and loving it. Hope I like Soldato as much.

Looks like I will be playing catch up with some of the Tarots I like. Back in 2018 I decided against expanding my collection and truthfully, missing out on some of the gems in this series is my only regret.

Initially, I only had the Sola Busca and the Mitelli. Months ago, just before it went OOP I was able to secure an Egyptiens Etteilla from a shop in a local online selling platform that specializes in importing decks from overseas. Earlier I snagged the Minchiate. Thinking of getting the Steinberger and the Piacentini. 

Edited by Akhilleus

Was browsing some decks in the Anima Antiqua series when I found this handsome twosome. I reckon these are the two releases for 2023?

711fnBDsAcL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.f198d23cf8941362d9cbb40f76837c19.jpg

Minchiate Al Cigno (Anima Antiqua #13)
Release Date: 2023-07-08
ISBN: 9780738775883

61S2fsPitSL._AC_SL1500_.thumb.jpg.c1fe43e7438570aadc97959fb0e97b3c.jpg

Tarocchi Marsigliesi Fratelli Recchi (Anima Antiqua #14)
Release Date: 2023-08-01
ISBN: 9780738775999

I was floored when I saw the Minchiate Al Cigno. Is it also the Al Leone? I missed the Spanish Kickstarter with the Al Leone last year, so this is very much welcome. Gonna get me one copy to use plus backups 1 and 2 just in case. 

Yup, will grab a few copies of the Minchiate as soon as it comes out. Cruder than the Etruria but it's still a beaut.

I hope Lo Scarabeo also releases a Fiorentine as part of this series. Il Meneghello ran out of copies even in their site. I scored the De Vecchi publication by Laura Tuan, but an Anima Antiqua would be lovely.

Also, it seems like Al Cigno is different from Al Leone. I just compared the three cards in the promotional pic with a high-resolution walkthrough in youtube. Aside from minor differences in the illustration and coloring, Il Granduca (L'Imperatrice?) holds a bird on her left hand in the Al Cigno, while she sports an orb in the Al Leone. 

Edited by Akhilleus

Got my (lovely) new two; for reference this is the list in order, as I understand it:

1: Sola Busca

2 Mitelli

3 Etruria

4 Egpytiens

5 Marseille

6 Wiener Secession

7 Montieri

8 Sopraffino 

9 Vaccehtta

10 Steinberger

11 Soldato

12 Piacentini

so Al Cigno should be 13 and Marsigliesi 14 ?

I wish they said somewhere which number they are in the series....

Edited by gregory

I'm late for the reply Gregory, but yes, you are correct with the order. I'm guessing that Lo Scarabeo don't add the sequential number on the boxes because they don't want to make it part of a "collect them all" series.

#01 - Tarocchi Sola Busca - Ferrara, XV Century, 1491 - Lo Scarabeo, 2017
#02 - Tarocchino Mitelli - Bologna, ca1660- Lo Scarabeo, 2017
#03 - Minchiate Etruria - Florence, 1806-1807 - Lo Scarabeo, 2018
#04 - Tarots Égyptiens - Lorambert - Paris, ca1875 - Lo Scarabeo, 2018
#05 - Tarot de Marseille - Nicolas Conver - Marseille, 1760 - Lo Scarabeo, 2019
#06 - Wiener Secession Tarot - Ditha Moser - Wien, 1906 - Lo Scarabeo, 2019
#07 - Tarocchino Montieri - Luigi Montieri - Bologna, 1725 - Lo Scarabeo, 2020
#08 - Tarocco Sopraffino - Carlo Della Rocca - Milano, 1835 - Lo Scarabeo, 2020
#09 - Naibi Di Giovanni Vacchetta - Giovanni Vacchetta - Torino, 1893 - Lo Scarabeo, 2021
#10 - Tarot Steinberger - Frankfurt, ca1820 - Lo Scarabeo, 2021
#11 - Tarocchino Al Soldato - Bologna, ca1750 - Lo Scarabeo, 2022
#12 - Tarocchi Piacentini - Piacenza, 1875 - Lo Scarabeo, 2022
#13 - Minchiate Al Cigno - Bologna, ca1775 - Lo Scarabeo, 2023
#14 - Tarocchi Marsigliesi Fratelli Recchi - Oneglia, Torino, 1830 - Lo Scarabeo, 2023

And here is a picture of my collection. Space is running out, and I might built a special shelf just for the Anima Antiqua tarot and the Old Cartomacy oracles in the future.

spacer.png

The Lo Scarabeo catalog for 2024 contains two new decks. I'm attaching screenshots.

The catalog is in Russian, but it's already clear - it's Minchiate Fiorentine (April 2024) and Besançon by Grimaud (November 2024).

LoSMF2024_04.jpg

LoSTM2024_11.jpg

Edited by Sartori
Translated the release dates from Cyrillic.

Cool! I saw earlier this week that one of them are already listed on Amazon! At this point, I pretty much only buying the 'Anima Antiqua' series, along with the 'Old Cartomancy' decks.