Deck of the Week Sign-up Thread, Week 343: Jan. 29 - Feb. 4

fire cat pickles

fire cat pickles

A thread for those who would like to work through their collection of decks, participants choose decks from their collections to work with for the week. Some use one deck, others use two or more. Some combine methods: Tarot, non-tarot (e.g. oracle), playing cards, or any other divinatory method is welcome. All we ask is that you use at least one tarot or oracle deck.

No collection is too large or too small. The only rules we have are the Tarot, Tea & Me Rules; Be respectful of one other. Please join us!

• Please post with your choice of deck(s) for the week
  • Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it (or not), etc., it's all up to you 
  • Participants may either choose to share their readings here in this discussion thread or opt to have their own journal in the Journals Forum and link it here
  • Yet others may even have an offline journal in paper & pencil/pen form

Share as often, as much, or as little as you like. You can drop in and out at anytime—reality and life permitting. New to tarot? Long time reader? Come on in!

Participants

1. fire cat pickles: Feng Shui Tarot
  2. Bodhiseed: Tarot of Caro paired with the Holitka I Ching
  3. Rachelcat:  Art Tarot Mondrian Style and Cats in the Garden Oracle Card Deck
  4. Chiska: The Lord of the Rings Tarot by Gilly & Hijo
  5. Natural Mystic Guide: Cirque du Tarot
  6. Eugenie: Spacious Tarot with expansion pack
  7. Madame Squee: The Rider Marseille Tarot Deck

Click here for DoW 342 (1/22- 1/28)

Click here for DoW 344 (2/5 - 2/11)

Edited by fire cat pickles

Bodhiseed

Thanks for the new thread, Fire cat!

I'm in with the Tarot of Caro paired with the Holitka I Ching. 

From Tarot by Caro, the Two of Pentacles; from the Holitzka I Ching, Hexagram 57:

two%20of%20pentacles.jpg  hexagram%2057.jpg
I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship. 
~Louisa May Alcott

While a tempest rages, a woman mindfully balances the coins she holds. Her bare feet symbolize her groundedness: she manages her emotions wisely and stays in the present moment. Doing so allows her to see with clarity and be discerning in the choices she makes. Though her feelings shout loudly, like a seasoned first responder, she realizes what must take priority. Hexagram 57 is called 'Gentleness' and suggests we must be willing to bend to continue with our progress. We focus on surfing the waves rather than demanding things settle around us.  

Rachelcat

Hi crew!  This week will be two from my latest The Game Crafter haul, Art Tarot Mondrian Style and Cats in the Garden Oracle Card Deck. 

I already have another abstract geometric deck, previous deck of the week, Tarot Vandestijl by Paraluman Studio, Ly Narcisco, but why not try another from this very small niche?  It has extra cards, The Artists, The Muse, and The Windmill. 

Monday1.thumb.jpg.5cc2ebe931b744f9eebcee973739ed44.jpg

Cats in the Garden is an astrological deck consisting of cards with keywords for sun, moon, and rising for each sign.  Along with photos of cats and flowers.  There is a pdf booklet with info and “tips” for each card and a spread for each sign incorporating the keywords.  No info on choice of cats and flowers, so I figure it’s color-coded.  

Interview time!

Monday6.thumb.jpg.26b8d769150eb312d32b65d2413dfc12.jpg

What is your most important characteristic?  The Star

Strong out of the gate!  The deck is an offering of beauty to world and anyone who wants to receive it.

What is your strength?  Ten of Cups

It’s for the art-loving community.  It’s goal is happiness.

Your weakness?  The Hermit

It probably won’t reach a very large audience, being a lowly print-on-demand deck.

What can you teach me?  Seven of Swords

(Ah, no curved swords.  But difficult to see difference between swords and wands.)

It can teach me how to act on feelings.  In a secret way.

How can I learn it?  Ten of Swords

Another ten.  By figuring out what ideas to share and which ones to keep to myself.

What will be the outcome of our work together?  Six of Wands

And a strong finish!  Our work together will be successful.  And people will be able to see that.

Only 36 cards for the cats, so a shortened interview.

Monday7.thumb.jpg.04a6745aafbbeac982343d6b134bd64d.jpg

What is your strength?  Leo Sun, Create

Very cat-like!  This cat even has a mane! 

The deck is a unique creation that should be used.

Your weakness?  Sagittarius Moon, Partake

Cat is drinking water from an outdoor faucet. 

Same as previous deck, not many will partake of the deck’s opportunity.

What can I learn from you?  Scorpio Sun, Excite

I can learn to be excited about practical astrology again.

What will be the outcome of our work together?  Taurus Sun, Possess

In the end, it will be a fun little deck that I will keep because it’s an interesting niche.

I see there's a photo limit, so see my journal for the rest of the photos.  (I went a little crazy this week.)

This week - The Lord of the Rings Tarot by Gilly & Hijo.  This is a lovely wood-cut style deck with traditional (TdM) pips.  So far, it is quite nice.  Feels nice.  Looks nice and hasn't caused me to bang my head against the wall.  Of course, it is only first day.

Natural Mystic Guide
7 hours ago, fire cat pickles said:

here is this week's (when you wake up!)

I very much appreciate my 'wake up message'.  This week I am continuing to play with the Cirque du Tarot deck.  I'm slowly moving through the book and taking a good look at each card.  I'm not keen on the art work (which is always my number one criterium in deck selection.  This was a gift...  Some of the colors seem kind of pukey!  Actually my girlfriend recolored her deck.  I do find some of the meanings interesting. 3Pentacles.jpeg.d8b3ca11edf5134a79840d0c251b4566.jpeg

Can I still join with my brand new Darkness of Light old and trusted Spacious Tarot? lol 
(did a morning spread with the Darkness of Light and realized this wasn't the best deck for me presently)

...but I will also add the Expansion Pack so it will be a somewhat upgraded Spacious deck.

Edited by Eugenie

Bodhiseed
8 hours ago, Eugenie said:

Can I still join with my brand new Darkness of Light old and trusted Spacious Tarot?

I really love the Spacious Tarot, much more than I thought I would!

2 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

I really love the Spacious Tarot, much more than I thought I would!

I am glad that you have the authentic deck now! I love mine, it gives me a lot of comfort. 

On 1/29/2024 at 7:55 AM, Rachelcat said:

Art Tarot Mondrian Style ...

I already have another abstract geometric deck, ...

Wow. Visually compelling. I don't think I would read with it but thanks for sharing the images. This is something original and unique in the modern plethora of trendy look-alikes.

Madame Squee

The Rider Waite Marseille Tarot Deck~Alejandro R. Rozan~Artisan Tarot

I've never seen a Marseille treatment of RWS images before, and it's so much FUN!!!  The eyes and expressions are my favorite part of Marseille, and that makes this deck my absolute favorite RWS clone. I haven't been in a reading mood for several weeks now, and this is the perfect deck to draw me back in. Right now, I'm just enjoying shuffling the cards and looking for interesting combinations.  The deck shuffles like butter. There's a light linen finish on the cards, matte, no glare. The colors and coloration are fabulous -- matches what I see on my computer screen (but unfortunately my photo below of the Emperor looks dark). I just love everything about this deck, especially the concept. I'm glad I'm on their mailing list.

Alejandro is offering a free on-demand lecture on the deck. (I plan to watch it this afternoon.) 

https://artisantarot.com/shop/lectures

PS: The side-eyes on the Emperor card :classic_laugh:

Rider Marseille Empress Emperor.jpeg

Edited by Madame Squee
add info

Bodhiseed
13 minutes ago, Madame Squee said:

The side-eyes on the Emperor card :classic_laugh:

Oh this is great! 😂 

Madame Squee
22 hours ago, Bodhiseed said:

Oh this is great! 😂 

I try not to enable anyone, but I think you'd like it. 

Natural Mystic Guide

Hello!  I am in again for continued study of the Cirque du Tarot deck.  Thank you.7Pentacles.jpeg.b0faf198c6f62339d82e7702e9b0e456.jpeg

I'm late with the computer - But I'm using the Trust Your Vibes Oracle this week~  Going very well.  I love this deck.  I wish it still smelled of spices.  darksoul from AT sent it to me for Yule gift exchange and she had included some tea.  It escaped its container and the cards were completely covered with the aromatics.  It was years before the scent completely dissipated.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.