Deck of the Week Sign-up Thread, Week 354: Apr. 15 - Apr. 21

fire cat pickles

fire cat pickles

A thread for those who would like to work through their collection of decks, participants choose decks from their collections to work with for the week. Some use one deck, others use two or more. Some combine methods: Tarot, non-tarot (e.g. oracle), playing cards, or any other divinatory method is welcome. All we ask is that you use at least one tarot or oracle deck.

No collection is too large or too small. The only rules we have are the Tarot, Tea & Me Rules; Be respectful of one other. Please join us!

• Please post with your choice of deck(s) for the week
  • Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it (or not), etc., it's all up to you 
  • Participants may either choose to share their readings here in this discussion thread or opt to have their own journal in the Journals Forum and link it here
  • Yet others may even have an offline journal in paper & pencil/pen form

Share as often, as much, or as little as you like. You can drop in and out at anytime—reality and life permitting. New to tarot? Long time reader? Come on in!

Participants

1. fire cat pickles: Light and Shadow Tarot
  2. Anesiadora: Somnia Tarot
  3. Bodhiseed: Prisma Visions Tarot paired with the Secret Language of Color Cards
  4. Misterei: Daniloff Lenormand
  5. Rachelcat: Millennial Lotería Y2K Edition and Cycles of Life Divination Dice Quintet. 

Click here for DoW 353 (4/8 - 4/14)

Click here for DoW 355 (4/22  - 4/28)

Edited by fire cat pickles

fire cat pickles

I'm moving on to the William's Light and Shadow Tarot for this week. The Ship of Fools is "okay" but I'm not really feeling the beige and tan tones. I remember liking the black and before, so we'll see how it goes.

Anesiadora

This week I'm going to be focusing on the Somnia Tarot. I've had it in my collection for awhile, I had a phase where I was obsessed, then I moved onto other decks and neglected this one. So here I am back again to work with it. Starting the week off strong with some encouragement from the deck today, so that's a nice change in pace from the usual roasts I get!

20240415_100512.jpg

Bodhiseed

Thank you Fire cat! I really like the Light and Shadow Tarot.

This week I'll be using the Prisma Visions Tarot, created and self-published by James R. Eads; the companion booklet was written by Katherine Tombs. The oracle I'll be using alongside it is the Secret Language of Color Cards, created by Inna Segal and published by Beyond Worlds. Today's draws are the Hierophant and Purple:

hierophant.jpg  purple.jpg
hierocracy: government by the clergy; ecclesiastical rule.

This horned celestial being brings to mind the Emperor and hierocracy. The companion book states that the Hierophant represents the enduring traditions that have shaped history. He invites us to learn and conform to his man-made system. Although humans are not infallible, we naturally seek connection and belonging. Do we trust this wisdom and institution enough to pledge our allegiance to it? It doesn't hurt to sincerely listen as long as we use the filter of discernment. Purple suggests cultivating mental clarity, implying that our firmly held opinions, intense emotions or what we crave might affect our ability to see clearly. Before we sign up for anything, we need to make sure we're not under the influence of anything that might bias our perception.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ― Terry Pratchett

Misterei

@fire cat pickles on time this week😇

Continuing with Daniloff LN. For a deck I purchased just to get cheaper shipping ... I'm finding it reads very well.

Edited by Misterei

Rachelcat

Hi guys!  Interesting decks this week!

This week I’m going to finish up my new decks list with a kind of wacky pair:  Millennial Lotería Y2K Edition and Cycles of Life Divination Dice Quintet.  (For full disclosure, I have another newish deck I haven’t used yet, Spirit Keeper’s Tarot, but I’m holding off on very system-based decks until I have some time to get a grip the system.)

Monday1.thumb.jpg.6212fd7bd3bc4803555704fe882d89c0.jpg

Millennial Lotería Y2K Edition is another humorous lotería deck from the same creator as the original edition.  (I picked them both up at Target while Christmas shopping two years in a row.)  The bingo markers are CDs with sharpie sayings on them.  Very Y2K.  We’ll see how humorous the cards are!

Cycles of Life Divination Dice Quintet is the last of my new thegamecrafter acquisitions.  As advertised, it’s a set of five dice with symbols based on moon phases, plant life cycle, and weather.  I’m a sucker for systems, more simple ones at least.

Who knows how these two are going to work together?  I guess we’ll find out after the interviews.

Monday2.thumb.jpg.f0ccf92c710e8264d057a692144aa316.jpg

What is your most important characteristic?  Los Mood Rings

The deck easily and humorously combines traditional loteria illustrations with modern fun.  It captures the mood of the 1990s-2000s era.

What is your strength?  El Ringtone

Interesting that these two phone things are together here.

The deck strikes a chord with me, the reader.

Your weakness?  El Flip Phone

But some things it depicts are out of date.  And should stay that way.

What can you teach me?  La Trading Card

The deck is here to remind me that using cards was originally and can still be a game.

How can I learn it?  Los Jellies

Walk a mile in a card player’s shoes?  Fun shoes!

What will be the outcome of our work/play together?  Los Gushers

It will be sweet and fun.  And not at all authentic!

And a short interview for the dice:

Monday3.jpg.050902d51361073704f95fde8af04965.jpg

I’m going to have to work on the moon phases more this week.  This time I just turned them the way they are in the info sheet.

What is your strength?  Gibbous moon, relax

The dice will be easy to use once I get them figured out.

Your weakness?  Quarter moon, releasing old and moving toward new

But I will have to let some preconceived notions go in order to do that.

What can you teach me?  Fruit

Even something this simple will bear fruit if I work with it seriously.

What will be the outcome of our work together?  Sun coming out, clarity after confusion; Snow, release of old

Same as above!  Once I figure it out, it will be easy.  And once I let go of what doesn’t work.

We’ll see!

Misterei

Continuing with Daniloff LN.

Daily Draw.

All Clubs = suffering and misery.

I'm doing this spread later in the day ... but the early part was quite stressful. I'm hoping things will calm down.

1. Focus = Mountain = Blockages. In health stagnation and I would say excess Kapha ayurvedically.
  2. & 3. = Fox + Clouds. Something wrong with my misfortune [joke]. Hmmm. Fox and Clouds suggest the complexities of my medical situation. I don't want to try the Humera injection until I've gained weight. Clouds as King Clubs, T and I are snappish and brusque lately. Self interest / selfishness [fox] is clouding our communication.

In a literal sense ... I've got both cats [foxes] on my bed and although it was sunny ... the Clouds have returned. Thus myself and the cats are blocked [Mountain] from our normal fun in the sun outdoor bonding time.

I think I need to do a spread just on the relationship. I feel this daily draw was touching upon too many deep topics for 3 cards to handle.

IMG_0929.jpg

Edited by Misterei

Misterei

This is my first tableau with Daniloff deck. Experimenting with a 6x6 mostly for space constraints.

Full commentary in my journal ... but I thought you might like to see the full deck.

IMG_0932.thumb.JPG.90cf87ddecd6feb53f96c1ac81ef3cf8.JPG

Anesiadora

Working with the Somnia this week has certainly been interesting. I thought it would be more of an austere deck, but it read a lot more gentler than I originally expected. It's probably one of my more gentler decks, and that definitely came as a surprise! I'm glad that I took the time to reconnect with it. I was thinking of rehoming it, but I think it's going to be staying in my collection after all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.