Skip to content

Give a Tarot Card a Song!

Featured Replies

You did it correctly, Dee. :)

When my Mom passed away, I did a reading around her passing, and got the SIX OF SWORDS, which seemed fitting....So for Six of Swords-"She goes on"- by Crowded House

You did it correctly, Dee. :)

 

Amazing, cause that be by flook :o

 

I bet she has some cool tunes she knows...

be great to see her over here.. :)

For the 7 OF CUPS, this utterly heartbreaking aria:

 

And my personal 3 OF SWORDS:

 

5 of cups-"Is that all there is"?-Peggy Lee

 

For the DEATH card, it's Mozart's fitting final masterpiece that was said to have haunted him to his very deathbed:

 

And for JUDGEMENT, a piece so arresting and sacred that it was previously banned by the Vatican from being disseminated to the public on pain of excommunication. One of the most beautiful musical pieces that I've ever had the pleasure of hearing:

 

And for JUDGEMENT, a piece so arresting and sacred that it was previously banned by the Vatican from being disseminated to the public on pain of excommunication. One of the most beautiful musical pieces that I've ever had the pleasure of hearing:

 

 

This is a great pick. I wonder what it would have been like when sung with a castrato. Oddly, I'd thought of your other recent pick, at least the confutatus, for Judgement.

It would have been divine! From what I remember, the thing about castrati is that they combine a high pitch with the full power that male lungs and a deep chest can bring, altho sometimes especially when the procedure was performed too early, these may become stunted. The result is something absolutely, preternaturally magnificent, something which very few female sopranos due to their physiological limitations can achieve. I really wonder how it would have been, Ratty.

 

I think only a handful of castratos was ever recorded as the practice stopped in the eve of the 19th century I think. I remember that there was a recording in YouTube of someone singing the Bach-Gounod Ave Maria tho.

 

Btw a few refute the superiority of the castrati citing various resources so we have to keep that in mind too. However, I think that centuries of the practice somehow refute this.

The World-this song was played at a graduation-Lee ann Womack-"I hope you dance"-- it fits!

Queen of Wands: Aretha Franklin - Respect

Queen of Cups: Aretha Franklin - You Make Me Feel (Like a Natural Woman)

Queen of Swords: Aretha Franklin - Think

 

RIP. The Queen of Soul.  :'(

  • Author

Queen of Wands: Aretha Franklin - Respect

Queen of Cups: Aretha Franklin - You Make Me Feel (Like a Natural Woman)

Queen of Swords: Aretha Franklin - Think

 

RIP. The Queen of Soul.  :'(

Beautiful, Ratty.

 

Queen of Wands: Aretha Franklin - Respect

Queen of Cups: Aretha Franklin - You Make Me Feel (Like a Natural Woman)

Queen of Swords: Aretha Franklin - Think

 

RIP. The Queen of Soul.  :'(

 

 

 

These are lovely choices.  <3 We need a Queen of Pentacles choice in honor of her too I think. I've been pondering this for quite awhile. I thought this might be a good fit.

 

 

"A Rose is Still a Rose" - Aretha Franklin

 

 

She always had it right up to the end.  :'(

THE LOVERS CARD-"Maybe I'm Amazed"-Paul McCartney

These are lovely choices.  <3 We need a Queen of Pentacles choice in honor of her too I think. I've been pondering this for quite awhile. I thought this might be a good fit.

 

"A Rose is Still a Rose" - Aretha Franklin

 

Yes. A good fit indeed.

 

If only spirit had been an explicit tarot element, I'd have gone with I Say a Little Prayer for You, but I couldn't think of anything for Pentacles.

THE LOVERS CARD-"Maybe I'm Amazed"-Paul McCartney

 

That song is awesome, Dee. :)

Thanks EK..its an oldie but a goodie :) Lots of feels to it <3

Tower:

The Moon:

Knight of Swords:

7 of Cups:

Some Broadway for a change. For THE LOVERS:

 

For the QUEEN OF SWORDS, this scary and disturbingly sexy piece:

 

An upbeat take on RWS Judgement.

 

Spirit in the Sky by Doctor & The Medics

(with apologies to Norman Greenbaum)

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jq2i8jwRlE8

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.