Day Soleil

The Silver Soul Tarot

Guest Night Shade
4 minutes ago, joy said:

Love, love, love The Fool! And the 2 of cups! And The Wheel of Fortune and and and! Can not wait until I can order it ❤️

I love the WOF too!  And the rest of the cards, for that matter.  I can't wait for this deck to come out!!! :heart:

Emilija

They may not be my usual taste as far as artwork, but the artwork is very talented and imaginative.

I really like the Justice card, and how there's a realistic body being portrayed.

Edited by Emilija

Day Soleil

Thanks to the Creative Tarot Circle monthly challenges, I'm finally back into drawing mode for my long-neglected deck! After a long summer of nothing but rambunctious foster puppies and messy farmhouse renovation, I'm so happy to be hanging out inside, drawing these cards again. I'm surprised how much I'm getting INTO it, I'm crossing my fingers I might actually complete all 78 by next spring... ya think? Hey, a girl can dream. For now, however, it's fun to just hold a pencil again. 🙂

Full deck is here: https://daysoleil.wixsite.com/home

A14 Temperance.jpg

A2 HP.jpg

Pentacles 10.jpg

Edited by Day Soleil

joy

So happy you have time to work on your deck! I love that High Priestess ❤️ Looking forward to your next cards. And yes of course you can make it 😉

InfernalTarot

Love your artwork on these cards. Great work! 🙂

Raggydoll

Temperance is GORGEOUS!! Are you working from real life models or reference photos? (Or 'just' your imagination?) You are so talented and your renderings of both humans and animals are fantastic!! 

Day Soleil

Thank you @Raggydoll!

I'd say 80% of the figures are live models. I'm redrawing them from 2, 5, or 20 minute sketches I did from attending a weekly life drawing group 2008-2016 in Phoenix. 

But for some, like Temperance and High Priestess (and Magician and Fool) I purchased photographic poses to draw from an art site called PoseSpace because they have more detail.

katrinka

They really are some nice work. :)
That 10 of Pents would make a nice tatt, too. Auspicious AND good art.

Saturn Celeste
On 11/7/2019 at 7:49 AM, Day Soleil said:

But for some, like Temperance and High Priestess (and Magician and Fool) I purchased photographic poses to draw from an art site called PoseSpace because they have more detail.

Temperance is my favorite one for sure!!  She is so lucid, I just love it!!

Day Soleil
On 11/8/2019 at 9:38 AM, Saturn Celeste said:

Temperance is my favorite one for sure!!  She is so lucid, I just love it!!

Thank you so much! I wasn't sure how that figure would go over, so I'm glad you like it.

LoveLightPeace

@Day Soleil I love all of them...each drawing very thought provoking in its own right. You are so talented my friend, I'm so glad that you're sharing your deck creation with us! ❤️ 

Day Soleil

Thank you so much @LoveLightPeace!

The official count as of today is 33 cards. 

I'm actually quite excited by my latest drawing because it started as a freestyle drawing with my left (non-dominant) hand.

20191119_111246.thumb.jpg.92b5b33ed3e355aefa2f526a51e1ca2b.jpg

I kept at it with my left hand until I had something resembling a real figure (albeit not as realistic as my usual drawings).

20191119_114121.thumb.jpg.2a0b2fca38e9623d9b27b80f30a0dddf.jpg

Suddenly I thought: Page of Cups! So I added the fish with my left hand too, and well... it's not the same style as my other drawings, but I'm honestly so happy with it. It's amazing how pleased I can be at art made by my left hand, and how critical and demanding I can be with art made by my right hand. I actually think that's perfect for Page of Cups.   

1931431190_Cups11.thumb.jpg.5ff28f4cb2c4d33bc297f49f3dfb576f.jpg

I also drew a little ATC with watercolor and ink to send to a friend.

PageOfCupsATC.thumb.jpg.5b5c72aaaa4fa6c041cdb98c5339aea3.jpg

Edited by Day Soleil

Raggydoll

Wow! That second sketch is so full of expression and I love that you can see the details in her face up close! It’s amazing that you started it with your left hand. The completed card is lovely! 

Day Soleil

Thanks @Raggydoll! I've been going a little nuts with the left-handed drawing lately. I just like how loopy/shaky the lines are. They feel so much more interesting and intuitive to me. Have you tried it?

Raggydoll
6 hours ago, Day Soleil said:

Thanks @Raggydoll! I've been going a little nuts with the left-handed drawing lately. I just like how loopy/shaky the lines are. They feel so much more interesting and intuitive to me. Have you tried it?

I was really into it when I was younger. I remember going as far as wanting to learn to write with my left hand too. But I shelved those efforts later. 🙂

katrinka
On 11/19/2019 at 6:09 PM, Day Soleil said:

Thank you so much @LoveLightPeace!

The official count as of today is 33 cards. 

I'm actually quite excited by my latest drawing because it started as a freestyle drawing with my left (non-dominant) hand.

20191119_111246.thumb.jpg.92b5b33ed3e355aefa2f526a51e1ca2b.jpg

I kept at it with my left hand until I had something resembling a real figure (albeit not as realistic as my usual drawings).

20191119_114121.thumb.jpg.2a0b2fca38e9623d9b27b80f30a0dddf.jpg

Suddenly I thought: Page of Cups! So I added the fish with my left hand too, and well... it's not the same style as my other drawings, but I'm honestly so happy with it. It's amazing how pleased I can be at art made by my left hand, and how critical and demanding I can be with art made by my right hand. I actually think that's perfect for Page of Cups.   

1931431190_Cups11.thumb.jpg.5ff28f4cb2c4d33bc297f49f3dfb576f.jpg

I also drew a little ATC with watercolor and ink to send to a friend.

PageOfCupsATC.thumb.jpg.5b5c72aaaa4fa6c041cdb98c5339aea3.jpg

I like the way you did the legs. Maybe it was a happy accident, but it looks like she's caught mid-morph between woman and mermaid. 

Day Soleil

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a year since I started this thread. Eek, and I'm only at 45 cards. Shouldn't I be further along? It's not like I have a job/kids/husband/family to distract me. However, I do have animals. Many, many animals. And a rigorous napping schedule, lol.

However, no self-recrimination allowed! I'm really enjoying the process of drawing these, and am quite pleased I'm over the hump. *happy dance* 33 more to go!

I cranked out three aces this week, much to my surprise. All except Wands. Wands is the suit I've drawn the least. Hmm. What's up with that?

1343390559_Cups1.thumb.jpg.92788532c7c724836e36f632df673dec.jpg

1202545921_Pentacles1.thumb.jpg.9a1087e28abb00c2adecc5de55bfa5e7.jpg

166403064_Swords1.thumb.jpg.2959fb36bc9c52868d3d7c17a8103045.jpg

Full deck is on Wix: https://daysoleil.wixsite.com/home. I purchased a domain name daysoleil.com, but don't know how to link it to my site yet.

I can't wait to start cheering more people on as they start their decks. We all need to be supporting one another, as 78 cards is no joke. I really admire every person who has stuck it out and created a deck.

LoveLightPeace

@Day Soleil your Aces and Page of Cups are beautiful, love them!!! 😍

I think you're doing great having 45 cards done, already! *does the happy dance with you* :egyptian:

Raggydoll
8 hours ago, Day Soleil said:

Wow, I can't believe it's been over a year since I started this thread. Eek, and I'm only at 45 cards. Shouldn't I be further along? It's not like I have a job/kids/husband/family to distract me. However, I do have animals. Many, many animals. And a rigorous napping schedule, lol.

However, no self-recrimination allowed! I'm really enjoying the process of drawing these, and am quite pleased I'm over the hump. *happy dance* 33 more to go!

I cranked out three aces this week, much to my surprise. All except Wands. Wands is the suit I've drawn the least. Hmm. What's up with that?

Full deck is on Wix: https://daysoleil.wixsite.com/home. I purchased a domain name daysoleil.com, but don't know how to link it to my site yet.

I can't wait to start cheering more people on as they start their decks. We all need to be supporting one another, as 78 cards is no joke. I really admire every person who has stuck it out and created a deck.

Yay!! More drawings! 🥰And as usual - I adore them!

I totally hear you regarding making 78 cards 😅 It’s a lot but the fact that you already have 45 is amazing!! I have two 😂 (plus I just started sketching on my third, but yeah.,. Two cards done 😛). Once I am further along with this card I’ll start a thread. I don’t just want to repeat the two cards that everyone has already seen 😁

lucksmith

Wow, what a gorgeous Artwork! I love it 👍😍 Also looked at your other cards and they are awesome too 😀

If i am allowed some comment: The one thing that struck me however is with the 10 of Wands, to me it somehow looks a bit odd on anatomic proportions or how the legs, especially the left one, is located. The body position seems a bit off or i have a wrong perspective 🙂

Day Soleil

Thank you @LoveLightPeace, @Raggydoll and @lucksmith!

Thanks also @lucksmith for noting something that seems off. That's very helpful. The Ten Wands piece was from one of my life drawings from 2013, so I'm not sure if maybe I just didn't capture the foreshortening correctly at the time, or if it's just because this model has a little bit of a disproportionate body shape. You can kind of tell by the variation I drew from the other side of the room when she did a second similar pose. Both were 20 minute poses.

06182013-5.JPG.09246aaa18e83551cc821f58c8dacebf.JPG  06182013-3.JPG.601839f980ded50832b415c63bacf469.JPG

However, I have several other drawings of similar "weary-looking" poses I could potentially use for that card, so maybe I'll hunt down a new one. I feel like I need more male poses in my deck anyway.

Raggydoll
1 minute ago, Day Soleil said:

Thank you @LoveLightPeace, @Raggydoll and @lucksmith!

Thanks also @lucksmith for noting something that seems off. That's very helpful. The Ten Wands piece was from one of my life drawings from 2013, so I'm not sure if maybe I just didn't capture the foreshortening correctly at the time, or if it's just because this model has a little bit of a disproportionate body shape. You can kind of tell by the variation I drew from the other side of the room when she did a second similar pose. Both were 20 minute poses.

06182013-5.JPG.09246aaa18e83551cc821f58c8dacebf.JPG  06182013-3.JPG.601839f980ded50832b415c63bacf469.JPG

However, I have several other drawings of similar "weary-looking" poses I could potentially use for that card, so maybe I'll hunt down a new one. I feel like I need more male poses in my deck anyway.

I believe that’s simply how her body looks. The human body can have such a range of appearance - it’s absolutely fascinating 😍

joy
18 hours ago, Day Soleil said:

Great work @Day Soleil those cards are so beautiful!!!