Sign in to follow this  
ashwsh

Card for a Week -Suggestions

Hi,

I like to pick a card for each week and at the end of the week track it back to how it went, however sometimes I have had majors turn up for a reading like ‘wheel of fortune’ or ‘Devil’ but nothing really significant happened in those weeks.

It becomes difficult for me to do daily card reading, hence weekly method is preferred but does anybody have suggestions on doing a better spread for this kind of a weekly reading to get better insights?

Are you asking any type of question when you pull your card? Perhaps something like "what should I be aware of this week?" And then at the end of the week, you can determine if that came to pass, or if you managed to avoid any difficulties you might have been warned about.

If you're only doing once-a-week readings, you might also consider expanding the spread a bit to three cards and then pondering on beginning-middle-end or whatever permutation tickles your fancy. If you want to go day-by-day, you could also shuffle at the beginning of the week, and incorporate whatever ritual you might use, and set the intention that you'll pull a card off the top each morning. You don't have to interpret them day by day, but you can keep the day's card in mind. By the end of the week you'll have a seven-card spread to go over. It really depends what you're looking for from daily / weekly draws.

Majors don't always have to portend significant events. They can also speak to how things are going on a variety of emotional and spiritual levels. If you're just pulling a card cold without any context, then I agree that it is going to be hard to know what to relate it to. So maybe start with intention, and then expand as you are able.

On 5/16/2019 at 4:16 PM, HermitWriter said:

Are you asking any type of question when you pull your card? Perhaps something like "what should I be aware of this week?" And then at the end of the week, you can determine if that came to pass, or if you managed to avoid any difficulties you might have been warned about.

If you're only doing once-a-week readings, you might also consider expanding the spread a bit to three cards and then pondering on beginning-middle-end or whatever permutation tickles your fancy. If you want to go day-by-day, you could also shuffle at the beginning of the week, and incorporate whatever ritual you might use, and set the intention that you'll pull a card off the top each morning. You don't have to interpret them day by day, but you can keep the day's card in mind. By the end of the week you'll have a seven-card spread to go over. It really depends what you're looking for from daily / weekly draws.

Majors don't always have to portend significant events. They can also speak to how things are going on a variety of emotional and spiritual levels. If you're just pulling a card cold without any context, then I agree that it is going to be hard to know what to relate it to. So maybe start with intention, and then expand as you are able.

Thank you @HermitWriter

Usually, I do ask a question before pulling a card, what my next week will be like (and specify dates Eg: May 20th - May 24th 2019), last week I had "wheel of fortune"...but nothin big or drastic happened.

Great Idea, getting a spread end of the week will help and analyze. But maybe morning cards are not my thingy, but a night before I certainly can for the coming next day or 3 cards is also great, just as you suggested. 

Thank you very much again.

Happy to help! Sometimes those single-card draws can be tricky. The may offer more of a "what might be" rather than a "what will be." And if you're taking steps to adjust accordingly based on what the single card shows, that will affect the outcome too. At any rate, keep playing and tinkering, and good luck!

On 5/15/2019 at 3:06 PM, ashwsh said:

Hi,

I like to pick a card for each week and at the end of the week track it back to how it went, however sometimes I have had majors turn up for a reading like ‘wheel of fortune’ or ‘Devil’ but nothing really significant happened in those weeks.

It becomes difficult for me to do daily card reading, hence weekly method is preferred but does anybody have suggestions on doing a better spread for this kind of a weekly reading to get better insights?

Hi @ashwsh,

Have you tried to do a simple 2-card spread at the beginning of the week? I started doing that recently (I'm doing the card-a-day as well) and I think is working nicely.

What I do is to ask what I need to do, and what I don't have to do during the week, pull my cards and take notes in my journal. I keep track of whatever happens during the week, and on Sunday I assess it.

Honestly, there are days (or weeks) on which the message of the cards doesn't ring any bells, but I try not to stress about it. Sometimes the insight comes later... oddly enough.

On 6/5/2019 at 12:40 PM, Eamane said:

Hi @ashwsh,

Have you tried to do a simple 2-card spread at the beginning of the week? I started doing that recently (I'm doing the card-a-day as well) and I think is working nicely.

What I do is to ask what I need to do, and what I don't have to do during the week, pull my cards and take notes in my journal. I keep track of whatever happens during the week, and on Sunday I assess it.

Honestly, there are days (or weeks) on which the message of the cards doesn't ring any bells, but I try not to stress about it. Sometimes the insight comes later... oddly enough.

@Eamane such a great idea..thank you !

will certainly activate this 

13 minutes ago, Eamane said:

Then you should tell us how it worked @ashwsh:classic_happy:

I certainly will! Have been trying to juggle a lot between work and home..but will keep u posted

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.