Vanno317

Tarot Brain Fog

I took a tarot hiatus and I just started again because I was struggling with severe depression. The depression cut me off spiritually, I felt soulless person and I couldn't feel anything, not even God. I'm way better know, but not a 100%. I'm having some trouble doing readings for myself,  it just looks like gibberish, my mind just goes blink and I can't connect the dots. When, I do it for others everything goes smoothly. Has anyone experience this after taking a long break from tarot or I'm not fully spiritually connected as I once was and it might take a little more time to get there?

I'm not good at reading for myself either. Perhaps your Higher Power/God is letting you know that reading for others should be your calling rather than reading for yourself. Maybe it's a message to you that you need to get reading help from others who read cards. I've been reading for almost 21 years now but even so, I find that I'm much better at reading for others than for myself. Take heart. You're probably just growing in your Tarot use and it will work out well if you just relax and let the growth proceed in it's own way.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Grizabella said:

I'm not good at reading for myself either. Perhaps your Higher Power/God is letting you know that reading for others should be your calling rather than reading for yourself. Maybe it's a message to you that you need to get reading help from others who read cards. I've been reading for almost 21 years now but even so, I find that I'm much better at reading for others than for myself. Take heart. You're probably just growing in your Tarot use and it will work out well if you just relax and let the growth proceed in it's own way.

@GrizabellaThank you!! I think your right about me just doing readings for others. I’ve been studying tarot for the past 3 years but I find that when I do a reading for myself and I experience the manifestation of the outcome I have a far better understanding of the cards. Also, I learned that I needed to use reversals to make my readings more accurate. Like, when I first started tarot and I experienced the 3 of swords it wasn’t so bad, I was separated from a love interest temporarily because he had to go away for work. The second time around, it hit me like a thief in the night. 😭Lol After that, when it appears I know I’ll be crying my my eyes out. Also, I thought the Star card was always positive, but it’s not. Lol😆

Another problem is that I’ve gotten tarot readings from others but only 3 psychics were accurate and they knew exactly what they were talking about. Also, I don’t want to harass 2 of them. Lol 

Edited by Vanno317

You're very welcome, my dear! 😄

Here's another little encouragement for you.  When you get (or give to a sitter) a reading, the results may not become evident for a matter of years. I've had people come back after that long and tell me that the reading was right on even though the sitter thought it was a dud reading at the time. I've had this happen as far out as two years or more.  I don't remember my readings once they're done for others, but I remember the sitter in general usually. I really appreciate it when a sitter comes back and tells me how the reading's predictions have materialized whether they prove out to have been true or haven't panned out over time.

When I was first reading for others, it was hard to get a "no, that couldn't ever happen" in feedback, especially for an in-person reading. Over the years, though, I've learned to just smile and think to myself "well, we'll see".  

With regard to accuracy, I don't strive for that. I just do what's necessary to give the reading to the best of my ability, free of my personal judgment of the sitter or the issue.