JohnLetter

Just Wondered About 4 of Cups (Your Opinions?)....

Posted (edited)

Can 4oc be about 'Offer what is hard/difficult to refuse' or 'someone/something tease your mind and it will be so long in the air until you succumb it?' or 'can't get it/him/her out of my mind'?

Edited by JohnLetter

I think is not wanting to get involved to the situation.... 

As feelings I have seen it as no wanting to have "x" feelings anymore, other people see it as not having feelings too, you can have a clarifier in those cases. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Carol92 said:

I think is not wanting to get involved to the situation.... 

As feelings I have seen it as no wanting to have "x" feelings anymore, other people see it as not having feelings too, you can have a clarifier in those cases. 

I know, but (in theory) that cup is still in the air and that person can't ignore it (for long) because that thing will not fade out. At some point it reminded me 7 of pents @Carol92

Edited by JohnLetter

The suit of cups represent "fantasy." The Magician is the hand in the cloud handing him another fantasy, but he sees through it and refuses to take the cup. The Magician operates through the Aces...and this cup is obviously the Ace being handed to him from a cloud...a mirage. Of course, this is only one way of looking at it.

This card can sometimes be difficult to read the man is refusing to take the Cup, i sense he's got enough on his plate right now so he wont be making any efforts in trying to rekindle any emotional feelings with anyone thats how i read the card. 

Cups are the emotional and feeling cards.  How l see it, this man has been able, or had to put some feelings behind him (3Cups)  the one Cup hovering above him hints at  a possible new love or creative venture. He sits totally absorbed perhaps wondering what he truly feels about this situation, would he regret it, does he really want it.  Does looking for a perfect situation stop him going forward.  He has a choice, to sit there forever pondering or, make a decision.  At least he is being given the opportunity for something new.

On 7/18/2019 at 4:30 PM, Thoughtful said:

Cups are the emotional and feeling cards.  How l see it, this man has been able, or had to put some feelings behind him (3Cups)  the one Cup hovering above him hints at  a possible new love or creative venture. He sits totally absorbed perhaps wondering what he truly feels about this situation, would he regret it, does he really want it.  Does looking for a perfect situation stop him going forward.  He has a choice, to sit there forever pondering or, make a decision.  At least he is being given the opportunity for something new.

He was not ready for that 4th cup actually?

3 hours ago, JohnLetter said:

He was not ready for that 4th cup actually?

This was asked as a general question about a card. So no one can say for sure if a character depicted on a card is ready or not. It lacks context. If you are actually asking about a specific reading and a specific man (like I think you are) then this topic sits in the wrong category. You know how this works @JohnLetter. If you are asking about a personal relationship it needs to go in the Tarot Readings and you need to add your interpretations and then give feedback (and not follow up

questions) to those that help you. If you want me to move this thread then let me know and I’ll gladly do so! 

10 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

This was asked as a general question about a card. So no one can say for sure if a character depicted on a card is ready or not. It lacks context. If you are actually asking about a specific reading and a specific man (like I think you are) then this topic sits in the wrong category. You know how this works @JohnLetter. If you are asking about a personal relationship it needs to go in the Tarot Readings and you need to add your interpretations and then give feedback (and not follow up

questions) to those that help you. If you want me to move this thread then let me know and I’ll gladly do so! 

No, I just checked this thread after long time and this question pop-up on my mind as first if I see this card.