Mythical Creatures Release Delayed

Jewel

22 minutes ago, gregory said:

Could the photos etc have been of the LE (I wasn't following so I have no idea...)

This photo is of the standard edition Fool and it looks very different to the card i have. The 'scales'  on his costume (arms and legs) aren't gilded in the photo but they are on my Fool, he looks very different. This image was posted on the FB page to show how it was going to look so who knows, maybe it was the printers that changed it?

20200224_163634.jpg

Edited by Danvers

Well, it isn't that at all for the Fool card in my copy too. On the main page of their shop they display this card of the Fool though, there is something I don't understand completely... or is it the Fool from the oversized edition (?). If it is the case there is a huge difference beetween the 2 versions! I can't say I'm 100% happy with that to be honest.

Edited by Decan

I did expect it all to be less in your face than the Prague and the others, as it is beneath the lamination and the others were not - leaving them vulnerable to coming off with use. It's the variability that threw me.

As far as I can tell, the cold stamping for both the LE and standard edition were going to be the same. The earlier photos and videos on FB show a much higher level of gilding to both the fronts and backs of the cards.

Something may have changed along the way, either a re-design of the cold stamping or an error in the printing process. I know that they have had problems with their usual printers and have moved production to another company for the LE decks which is why there's a delay. 

I think the most noticeable thing in my deck (apart from being 8 cards short and having two 8 of wands) is the variation between the cold stamping throughout the deck. I would have expected each card to have the same depth/amount of gilding on it.

Looks really promising. I remember in a post Karen did say the bigger cards will be able to take more cold stamping and it seems like the case here. I will sure look for variation in cards that you guys have mentioned 

The cold stamping looks amazing for the oversized edition, their new printer knows his stuff, which is a good omen for the future Fantastic Menagerie Tarot I pre-ordered.

I didn't pre-ordered the limited Mythical Creatures Tarot, but sure the edition to have!

On 2/25/2020 at 8:29 AM, Danvers said:

think the most noticeable thing in my deck (apart from being 8 cards short and having two 8 of wands)

That's quite an aberration and I'm sure they'd be happy to send you the missing cards. Have you contacted them?

6 hours ago, katrinka said:

That's quite an aberration and I'm sure they'd be happy to send you the missing cards. Have you contacted them?

Everything was resolved, they were very apologetic and sent me the missing cards within days. I've never had any problems with their decks before so I think this was a one-off error. 8 of the suit of Swords cards were missing, I'm hoping the LE version won't have any issues.

I recieved my LE Mythical Creatures deck this morning and it's gorgeous! This is just so much more like I was expecting of the level of gilding on both fronts and backs. I've taken a couple of comparison photos so you can all judge for yourselves. Totally over the moon with this deck and I'm so glad I ordered it now.

20200515_111846-01.jpeg

20200515_111939-01.jpeg

My LE arrived today too. It is beyond gorgeous and I’m so happy with it. I did wonder if I really needed two versions of the deck especially at that price but I’m glad I splashed out. 

1 hour ago, Flaxen said:

My LE arrived today too. It is beyond gorgeous and I’m so happy with it. I did wonder if I really needed two versions of the deck especially at that price but I’m glad I splashed out. 

Yes I wondered if I'd lost my mind by splashing out on both decks at the time but I don't regret it now. I may sell/swap the smaller deck and just use the LE deck as it's just so beautiful and i prefer larger cards, especially as there's so much detail on these to see.

Now I'm counting down the days for the Fantastic Menagerie arrival........😄

Gorgeous indeed! I got the impression (from your first pic) that the cardstock is also a bit thicker than the standard deck?

Well, I look forward to the Fantastic Menagerie as well!!

Edited by Decan

On 5/15/2020 at 1:01 PM, Danvers said:

I recieved my LE Mythical Creatures deck this morning and it's gorgeous! This is just so much more like I was expecting of the level of gilding on both fronts and backs. I've taken a couple of comparison photos so you can all judge for yourselves. Totally over the moon with this deck and I'm so glad I ordered it now.

20200515_111846-01.jpeg

20200515_111939-01.jpeg

On 5/15/2020 at 2:47 PM, Flaxen said:

OMG I'm so jealous, mine was shipped 2 weeks ago but I am still waiting for it, hopefully it will arrive this week 😭

and yeah I remember they say the new printer has even nicer cardstock than the previous one and the larger size allow more cold stamping

@kudos91 You will be SO happy with your deck! It's stunning. At least it's on its way to you, you have something amazing to look forward to. The box and pouch are beautiful too, I noticed that the box is bigger than the Tarot of Prague LE box but i think it's due to having to fit the pouch inside.

Fingers crossed that your deck arrives soon 🤞🙂

Edited by Danvers

Thanks @Danvers , I saw that the package arrive in my country this morning so should be after tomorrow max. Btw how do you shuffle those large card? I have the monochrome edition also and those are already hard to shuffle

@kudos91 I actually tried a riffle shuffle, ONCE, but because I didn't want to risk damaging the cards I've been overhand shuffling and that works ok, I don't have too much trouble with handling large cards. TBH I'm not great at shuffling, never have been lol. Sometimes I just spread them out on the table and swoosh them around until I feel they are well mixed together. I guess everyone has their own way of shuffling. 

See,  I knew your cards would be with you soon! 😄

Let me know what you think of them.

@Danvers yay so I just received my deck 😍

wao such quality, the card stock is really sturdy this time. I have a large hand too but since the card is not that flexible I don't have the courage to riffle shuffle it

They include also a small size Fool card and next the the large version the difference was huge like in your photo ( I think not just the cold stamp but also the color is a little bit brighter). Such a long saga with this deck until the very end but it's all worth it

Edited by kudos91

@kudos91 Hooray! I'm glad that you love the cards, I think it was well worth investing in the LE edition as they far outshine (literally) the standard edition. I noticed how much brighter they were too, the smaller cards were definitely darker which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it makes it hard to make out the smaller details, especially on the borders. 

The cardstock is definitely better on the LE edition.

I send good vibes to their new printer in order that he does the same thing with the Fantastic Menagerie! 🤞

Edited by Decan

10 minutes ago, Decan said:

I send good vibes to their new printer in order that he does the same thing with the Fantastic Menagerie! 🤞

Oh I can't wait to see the FM from the new printer, they seem to be capable of great quality production. 

Me, neither! I gave up the hope for the FM long time ago then they decide to reprint it and for sure better this time. The first edition has its charm but after seeing this LE deck, I am sure the LE FM will be amazing 👏