An Occasional Ad Here And There

Little Fang

Has your sub expired ? (there are a fair number of false subs showing just now, and I see your name says TT&M family, not supporter....)

All the ads I'm seeing are the little banners advertising paid readers. I don't mind those, they're pretty, they don't scream at you, and a reader's gotta live. 😉
I'll be wanting to buy one when I finally semi retire and can stop testing backup sensors over and over and over 12 hours a night...age does have its perks!

On 10/12/2019 at 9:59 AM, Little Fang said:

I now have it set up where you'll see an occasional ad (it should be on the bottom but they seem to be sticking it in the sidebar).

I'm not a subscriber, so I expected to see ads but not in the middle of the forum. From the above quote they should be placed at the bottom of the page? Middle (well, 1 below the top post) of the forum is incredibly distracting. 

Any response? The quote says they should not be occurring in the middle of the forum. At the bottom of the page is one thing but this is particularly problematic on Mobile when I often encounter up to 3 large ads that take up the entirety of my phone screen. Almost all of the ads I am seeing are in the middle of the forum, not the bottom. I am not talking about reader banner ads which are smaller and less distracting. 

6 minutes ago, Pixie said:

Any response? The quote says they should not be occurring in the middle of the forum. At the bottom of the page is one thing but this is particularly problematic on Mobile when I often encounter up to 3 large ads that take up the entirety of my phone screen. Almost all of the ads I am seeing are in the middle of the forum, not the bottom. I am not talking about reader banner ads which are smaller and less distracting. 

I am sorry that this is such a distraction for you. We will have to ask @Little Fang if there is anything to do about it.

@Raggydoll thank you for the response, I'm not trying to sound whiny I understand ads help pay for the costs but especially on mobile it's been a lot for me and I'm just thinking something is not quite right. I took a screenshot of all 3 ads that appeared on one page on mobile but sometimes they are even larger. 

Screenshot_20200208-192004.png

Screenshot_20200208-192013.png

Screenshot_20200208-192021.png

Removed the in-between ads, added them to the top of the page (to see how they are going, I have limited areas I can add these to)

Unfortunately, ads at the bottom of the page barely get scrolled down to, which equals nothing in return for them. 😞 I have to compensate for that, somehow.  Subscribers only see the reader ads.

6 minutes ago, Little Fang said:

Removed the in-between ads, added them to the top of the page (to see how they are going, I have limited areas I can add these to)

Unfortunately, ads at the bottom of the page barely get scrolled down to, which equals nothing in return for them. 😞 I have to compensate for that, somehow.  Subscribers only see the reader ads.

Most forums have ads at the top for non subscribers so I think that’s fairly standard. 

2 hours ago, Little Fang said:

Thank you, that all makes sense.

Raggydoll
23 minutes ago, 2dogs said:

This season’s must have fashion accessory 😁.

Forums - Tarot, Tea, & Me - A Tarot Reader's Community.png

Wow! For sure! And I dare say that I think it would look awesome on you! 

Necklace Win GIF by Australian Survivor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.