Two factor authentication is now available

SecAdmin

The option is now available to set up two factor authentication using Google Authenticator.

If you want to enable this you need the Google Authenticator app on your phone.

Then go to Account Settings>Account Security

I don't know if this is related to the above change, but I keep getting New Device Login emails. How do I stop getting these emails?

Little Fang

@Starlight do you keep using different devices or a VPN?  It's an important security measure to know that your account is being accessed by somebody not you. 

7 hours ago, Starlight said:

I don't know if this is related to the above change, but I keep getting New Device Login emails. How do I stop getting these emails?

@Starlight I enabled this feature so that users get a notification if there is a login from a different location. How often are you getting these emails? Its possible that using a vpn or tor can cause these emails to come in more frequently but in general it should not be constantly sending emails.

17 hours ago, Little Fang said:

@Starlight do you keep using different devices or a VPN?  It's an important security measure to know that your account is being accessed by somebody not you. 

Sorry, @Little Fang! I didn't see your reply till just now. 

I use my phone (sometimes with wifi, sometimes with mobile data) or my pc (not wifi). And no VPN.

Edited by Starlight

I had three New Device Login emails yesterday - I think I must have logged in to the forum three times yesterday?

39 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I had three New Device Login emails yesterday - I think I must have logged in to the forum three times yesterday?

The emails show the device, browser, and estimated location of the login attempts. Does this look like it is you?

If you were in a different LOCATION, it will do that. My tablet does it all the time when I'm travelling. In case someone STOLE the tablet !

Yes, but all three locations are the same, is what I meant . 🙂 I rarely log in to the site when I'm not home.

ETA: Reading this back isn't very clear. There's only one location that comes up in the three different emails. 

Edited by Starlight

13 hours ago, Starlight said:

Yes, but all three locations are the same, is what I meant . 🙂 I rarely log in to the site when I'm not home.

ETA: Reading this back isn't very clear. There's only one location that comes up in the three different emails. 

@Starlight and you look at https://www.thetarotforum.com/settings/devices/
Do you see a ton of devices listed?

WOW, Yes @SecAdmin - there are a tonne of devices listed but they're either my PC or Phone (Android), and it's mostly the PC (Windows). :0

I've just scrolled down and some of the devices (same device in reality) have a red [Sign Out] button beside them.... It looks to be on average once a week that the button shows up? (However on a few occasions it was a day's difference, on others over a week.)

As for location, my internet provider is probably transmitting an approximate location which alternates between a few different locations in WA. Is that causing the issue? I'm not using a VPN.

Sorry if I'm not stating anything clearly. I'm not a techie by any stretch of the imagination.

Devices are either Windows or Android. The locations of the devices alternate between a few different locations within WA. But I think that's the protocol for our internet provider.

ETA: I clicked the Sign Out button on the older login records and I now have a [Disable Automatic Login] button on the latest login record.

Edited by Starlight

oh this is great news! Totally recommend putting on two factor on your accounts everywhere online! better to be safe than sorry ❤️

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.