Deck of the Week Sign-up Thread, Week 290: Jan. 28 - Feb. 3

fire cat pickles

fire cat pickles

A thread for those who would like to work through their collection of decks, participants choose decks from their collections to work with for the week. Some use one deck, some use two. Some combine methods: Tarot, non-tarot (e.g. oracle), playing cards, or any other divinatory method is welcome. All we ask is that you use at least one tarot or oracle deck.

No collection is too large or too small. The only rules we have are the Tarot, Tea & Me Rules; be respectful of one other. Please join us!

• Please post with your chosen deck for the week. 
  • Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it (or not), etc., it's all up to you.  
  • Participants may either choose to share their readings here in this discussion thread or opt to have their own journal in the Journals Forum and link it here.
  • Yet others may even have an offline journal in paper & pencil/pen form.

Share as often, as much, or as little as you like. You can drop in and out at anytime—reality and life permitting. New to tarot? Long time reader? Come on in.

Participants:

1. fire cat pickles: Major Tom's TdM
  2. MichaelH: the Light Seer's Tarot
  3. Mi-Shell: Alchemists Garden Tarot
  4. Akhilleus: Kabbalistic Visions Tarot
  5. Scarlet Woodland: The Wandering Star Tarot + Shadowscapes Tarot 
  6. Nemia: Spirit Keeper's Tarot, Vitruvian Edition
  7. Bodhiseed: Victoria Regina Tarot and the Alchemist’s Oracle
  8. Rachelcat: Spirit de la Lune Daily Moon cards paired with Cat Tarot

Click here for DoW 289 (1/21 - 1/27)

Click here for DoW 291 (2/4 - 2/10)

Edited by fire cat pickles

This week I will explore my new Alchemists Garden Tarot  :)

One of my first undertakings will be to create a little bag that reflects the mood of the deck.

fire cat pickles

@Scarlet Woodland welcome back. I lost track of time too. I maybe got one reading in with mine too. I'm steadily working my way through my collection and will be back with my Tarot of the Magical Forest before too long though. My goal is to see which decks I click with with, and to make sure I still have everything!

I'll work next week with the Spirit Keeper's Tarot, Vitruvian Edition. Looking forward to it!!! Even if I get nothing done but a daily card - that's okay. 

On 1/28/2023 at 4:35 AM, Nemia said:

I'll work next week with the Spirit Keeper's Tarot, Vitruvian Edition. Looking forward to it!!! Even if I get nothing done but a daily card - that's okay. 

I just got the Spirit Keeper's Book of Maps pdf by email!  I haven't gotten into it yet, but it looks like a treasure trove.  And I guess it means the Revelations edition will soon be on its way to me!  In the meantime, 

This week I’ll be continuing Spirit de la Lune daily moon cards, this time pairing with Cat Tarot, Chronicle Books.  It’s mostly actual cats being cats, usually humorously, with some hat wearing, etc.  I’ve had it for a while but never actually read with it, so now’s the time!  (I just did a count, and I have 3 cat majors decks, 9 cat tarots, and 4 cat oracles.  And I’ve had more in the past.  Don’t judge!)

1579551585_Saturday2.thumb.jpg.26b9575e5f1bc4bac764c4686615e403.jpg

Interview time!

1542071476_Saturday3.thumb.jpg.dfade4f1a839e09dad5d29d9770086e4.jpg

Most important characteristic:  Page of Cups (bowls)

The deck is playful, youthful, and a little bit naughty or unconventional.  It wants to have the freshest refreshment!

Strength:  VII Wands (toys)

Still naughty!  The deck loves (7=Venus) showing cats in action (wands).  And the toys in the middle of falling!

Weakness:  Ace of Pentacles (treats)

To be meta, the deck is cute (I love the box illustrations), but it’s not physically perfect:  too shiny sticky and warped.  I have so many decks, I might think I should be picky about this one, like the finicky cat.

Deck can teach me:  IX Swords (claws)

It can show me the difference between real problems and dreamed problems.  Like the cat isn’t really missing a thumb, it’s just hidden now.

How I can learn it:  III Wands (toys)

I can learn the difference between reality and fears by taking the plunge and facing fears head on.  Manifest (3) my action (wands).

Outcome of our work together:  High Priestess

And a nice esoteric major to end with!  She has all four elements just like the Magician, but hers are more mysterious and spiritual.  The witch’s hat really suits her!  The deck seems to be full of funny cats, but it will use those images to really connect with something real, even if I can’t explain what that is.

Saturday, day 8

1150239418_Saturday4.thumb.jpg.bc3a9c33b47d94f6521582da90b1ecdc.jpg

11.  First Quarter, fire, Ignite

What do I need to fire up?  X Cups (bowls)

I need to fire up my sociability.  Come out of my shell a little bit and share some fun and happiness.  Perhaps over dinner!  Kitty is pulled out of hiding because he’s investigating the rainbow bowls!

What will happen if I do?  VIII Swords (claws)

Well, this is a familiar sight!  Killing a toilet paper roll!  If I come out of my shell more, I’ll start to be freed from being tied up in my own stuff (ideas and obsessions).  I’m for that!

Edited by Rachelcat

fire cat pickles
15 hours ago, Nemia said:

Is it okay that I write about my decks in my journal? 

If you mean a pen and pencil journal, those are are fine too.

This week I'll be using the Victoria Regina Tarot, a deck and book set created by Sarah Ovenall with text assistance from Georg Patterson. This tarot set was published by Llewellyn. I'll be pairing it with the Alchemist Oracle (aka 'Connected and Free'), a deck and booklet set self-published by Lauren Aletta. Today's draws are Strength and Comparison:

strength.jpg  comparison.jpg

Every woman has a well-stocked arsenal of anger potentially useful against those oppressions, personal and institutional, which brought that anger into being. Focused with precision it can become a powerful source of energy serving progress and change. —Audre Lorde

I personally appreciate that most Strength cards are illustrated with a woman. As Lorde said, we do indeed have a well-stocked arsenal of anger. The VR's companion book states, "Don't smother aggressive tendencies or let them run amok. Learn instead to guide and direct aggression with loving calm." Wise women have been transforming their fury and frustration for years, realizing that insight can come if they don't allow that emotional energy to control them. They know it's simply a messenger that arrives in fiery ways to gain our attention. Comparison asks me to consider - before I react - how my planned response was received and what fruit it bore in the past. If still in the thrall of rage (or its cousin resentment), that choice will not likely be wise or beneficial.
Edited by Bodhiseed

Scarlet Woodland

Correction 

The Wandering Star Tarot + Shadowscapes Tarot 

Have just started edging my original Shadowscapes deck (have the gilded Czech version somewhere too), with a new set of markers and it's prompted me to take her for a spin. Will save The Light Seer's Tarot for next week.

59 minutes ago, Mi-Shell said:

So I got my bag for the Alchemical tarot done. 

Beautiful bag!  Love the wooden beads.  And it matches so well!  Of course, because you made it for it!

Here's my Sunday:

fire cat pickles
2 hours ago, Scarlet Woodland said:

Correction 

The Wandering Star Tarot + Shadowscapes Tarot 

Have just started edging my original Shadowscapes deck (have the gilded Czech version somewhere too), with a new set of markers and it's prompted me to take her for a spin. Will save The Light Seer's Tarot for next week.

Updated @Scarlet Woodland

On 1/27/2023 at 7:02 AM, fire cat pickles said:
  • Yet others may even have an offline journal in paper & pencil/pen form.

Share as often or as much or as little as you like.

@Nemia I have added this little bit to the OP to clarify, in case you were talking about a personal diary-style journal.

I started posting my daily draws using the Modern Spellcaster's Tarot here:

In my journal, I'd also be sharing a Celtic Cross reading I performed on my current preoccupations. This would be after I finish my interpretations for two spreads which were due a few days ago, along with my weekly draw.

Drake_Winterfell

Hey everyone!  

I'm late in signing up this week, but I posted a fiction prompt for this week using the Universal Waite Tarot deck. 

Sorry it's not a traditional reading, but I love writing fiction and tarot is a treasure trove of ideas. Hopefully the cards don't mind being used in this way. 😅 I'll post a more traditional reading next week. 

Here's the link:

1 hour ago, Drake_Winterfell said:

Sorry it's not a traditional reading, but I love writing fiction and tarot is a treasure trove of ideas.

I think using the cards as a story prompt is a great idea!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.