How are we doing? Suggestions here!

9 hours ago, gregory said:

We have one in some threads. I hate it. It leads to mobbing and competition to get votes and look good. Ugh. It reminds me of likes on facebook. Did you know that a recent study has shown that being desperate for likes on facebook has led to a significant increase in mental illness - low self esteem for those who don't get a load, and then silly behaviour to try and win them. NO support from me for that stuff - not that I'm ON facebook.

If you like something - post a comment to say what you like about it. Otherwise it means nothing.

YAY. Admin knows why ! :sbowing_100-102: :thumbsup:

Thank you.

One suggestion;

Maybe its a work in progress or I don't notice it. But, on the "old" forum, in the forum sections at the top or bottom, there would be a "go down" tab and a "go up" tab at the bottom. I don't see those anymore and they are a good little detail to have I feel. Other than that the new look and layout is becoming very convenient and I like the new colors as well. 

Just curious and I am actually quite pleased, but we have no option to use a different font. I rather like that; I hate posts with 17 different ones to make some kind of point, but are we supposed to have the option. I tried cheating and using BB code and as I already pretty much knew, you can't use it on invision.

29 minutes ago, Joe said:

One suggestion;

Maybe its a work in progress or I don't notice it. But, on the "old" forum, in the forum sections at the top or bottom, there would be a "go down" tab and a "go up" tab at the bottom. I don't see those anymore and they are a good little detail to have I feel. Other than that the new look and layout is becoming very convenient and I like the new colors as well. 

I miss this, too.

35 minutes ago, fire cat pickles said:

I miss this, too.

I believe this feature is on our list of things to look into. We in the staff miss it too! There is just so much on that list. Little Fang has had an enormous task list placed on her so some things will have to wait. But it’s on the list! 

2 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

I believe this feature is on our list of things to look into. We in the staff miss it too! There is just so much on that list. Little Fang has had an enormous task list placed on her so some things will have to wait. But it’s on the list! 

Understood, only so many hours in the day...

White Fairy

Is there going to be an option to hide personal activity from other users in the future? I may have completely missed the option to do this, but just find it a bit intrusive. Thanks everyone! 🙂

Edited by White Fairy
Saturn Celeste
1 hour ago, White Fairy said:

Is there going to be an option to hide personal activity from other users in the future? I may have completely missed the option to do this, but just find it a bit intrusive. Thanks everyone! 🙂

When you are in the log in page, you'll notice a check box underneath the window were you enter your name and password.  Put a check in the box and sign in anonymously.  😉

White Fairy
16 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

When you are in the log in page, you'll notice a check box underneath the window were you enter your name and password.  Put a check in the box and sign in anonymously.  😉

Aha thank you!

On 5/6/2019 at 4:06 AM, gregory said:

Just curious and I am actually quite pleased, but we have no option to use a different font. I rather like that; I hate posts with 17 different ones to make some kind of point, but are we supposed to have the option. I tried cheating and using BB code and as I already pretty much knew, you can't use it on invision.

there are three different fonts, plus colors in your under post sig. Pull yourself together Gregory 🙂 

On my quilting forum the mods are obsessed with all caps words, I'm pretty sure any minute exclamation points will be infractions. Just throwing that in because it makes my eyes roll around in my head. 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn
Saturn Celeste
On 5/21/2019 at 6:09 PM, KaiNO said:

We have emoji symbols for zodiacs. Can we get emojis (glyphs) for planets as well?

I've been looking but I haven't found anything I can upload.  It's the unicode crap.  If I come across anything suitable, I'll keep it in mind for sure!

On 5/23/2019 at 6:17 PM, Saturn Celeste said:

I've been looking but I haven't found anything I can upload.  It's the unicode crap.  If I come across anything suitable, I'll keep it in mind for sure!

👍 

Thanks, meanwhile I made some for myself that I use in my journal.

Another thing that I really miss is the opportunity to make tables... 😔

Any chance that we can get a table button in the editor?

Or perhaps that something like this will work (like I belive it did in the old forum): [table][tr][td]row1 left[/td][td]row1 right[/td][/tr][tr][td]row2 left[/td][td]row2 right[/td][/table] ?

Edited by KaiNO
DownUnderNZer

Are you able to put up a feature for Tarot and Lenormand cards - even playing cards. This way when someone wants to put images in without taking photos first - those cards can be selected where we see emicons or bold etc.

Just easier than taking photos for some all the time.

DND

Saturn Celeste
16 hours ago, DownUnderNZer said:

Are you able to put up a feature for Tarot and Lenormand cards - even playing cards. This way when someone wants to put images in without taking photos first - those cards can be selected where we see emicons or bold etc.

Just easier than taking photos for some all the time.

DND

The only way is taking photos of the decks and posting them somewhere.  This would really tax our system at the moment.  Perhaps if you find a site somewhere that lists decks, you can insert the images from the online site when you make your post. 😉

4 minutes ago, Saturn Celeste said:

The only way is taking photos of the decks and posting them somewhere.  This would really tax our system at the moment.  Perhaps if you find a site somewhere that lists decks, you can insert the images from the online site when you make your post. 😉

This is a great suggestion. When you are posting - click on the “insert other media”  button and then choose “insert image from url”. Then copy the image url from your browser (usually by clicking on the image and choose the option that says ‘Copy the image url’ or something like that.) 

albideuter would do for tarot cards - all his uploads have permission for publishers and artists,

http://www.albideuter.de

Pick the deck of your choice,

And there's a full set of Lenormands here - you'd have to copy the link for each card, but still:

https://lenormand-reading.com/36-lenormand-cards-in-detail/ (Or of course there is a set on carto....)

If you want to use a particular deck - you'd have to do your own thing; I think that's fair enough.