Skip to content

Give a Tarot Card a Song!

Featured Replies

8 of Cups:

 

Boom - X Ambassadors

Just came to me in a reading -

 

The Star = Colors of the Wind

Oh, and another one, also came to me in a reading!

 

Ace of Wands — I Have Confidence  ;D

 

 

№5 PAPA :

 

9 of CUPS in my practice is a very dangerous card, because that :

 

№21 WORLD :

 

 

7 of BATONS :

 

PAGE of BATONS :

 

...and another one PAGE of BATONS :

 

10 of SWORDS :

 

 

9 of Wands Rx

 

Sombody's Watching Me, by Rockwell

I'm still on the first page listening to songs but I thought I'd share the most common that I hear for certain cards. They are in no particular order. Many times it's just a single line or two and many times the line is in the context of a reading, so I'm just listing the things right now that I almost always hear in any deck for certain cards. Most of these are songs that I haven't even thought of since childhood but certain cards come up and I hear them again plain as day. I've been playing with the idea of creating a playlist with a song for every card but it's not really something I was ready to sit down and really apply myself to. This thread has done a lot of work for me.  :D

 

The Wheel of Fortune - Spinning Wheel by Blood Sweat and Tears.

 

Three of Cups - We are Family by Sister Sledge

 

The Hermit - This Little Light of Mine - I learned this song in church as a kid. One of those that is just a single line. "This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine..."

 

The Lovers - Rock On by David Essex. Another single line thing. "Where do we go from here?"

 

10 of Swords - Poor Pitiful Me by Linda Ronstadt

 

3 of Swords - Heartache Tonight by the Eagles

 

 

This is all that's coming to mind of the top of my head this minute.

9 of Swords - Pretty much any "Gloom, Despair, And Agony On Me" sketch from Hee Haw

 

 

Yes, I used to watch Hee Haw.  I am not ashamed.

  • Author

Yes, I used to watch Hee Haw.  I am not ashamed.

:laughcry:

My dad liked it but I think it was on past my bedtime or I was not watching tv when it was on.  I DID like Green Acres though and tried to watch that whenever it was on.

  • Author

Ok, I have the same song, but they end up being 2 different knights!

 

Knight of Wands is Elvis Presley, Blue Moon of Kentucky

 

Knight of Cups is Bill Monroe, Blue Moon of Kentucky

Yes, I used to watch Hee Haw.  I am not ashamed.

:laughcry:

My dad liked it but I think it was on past my bedtime or I was not watching tv when it was on.  I DID like Green Acres though and tried to watch that whenever it was on.

 

I used to watch it at my grandma's house back when I was in high school.  I always complained about it to keep up appearances, but I secretly liked it.  ;D

Ok, I have the same song, but they end up being 2 different knights!

 

Knight of Wands is Elvis Presley, Blue Moon of Kentucky

 

Knight of Cups is Bill Monroe, Blue Moon of Kentucky

 

I have to go with Elvis on this one.  ;D

  • Author

Yes, I used to watch Hee Haw.  I am not ashamed.

:laughcry:

My dad liked it but I think it was on past my bedtime or I was not watching tv when it was on.  I DID like Green Acres though and tried to watch that whenever it was on.

 

I used to watch it at my grandma's house back when I was in high school.  I always complained about it to keep up appearances, but I secretly liked it.  ;D

I love bluegrass.  Not country western but bluegrass.

Yes, I used to watch Hee Haw.  I am not ashamed.

:laughcry:

My dad liked it but I think it was on past my bedtime or I was not watching tv when it was on.  I DID like Green Acres though and tried to watch that whenever it was on.

 

I used to watch it at my grandma's house back when I was in high school.  I always complained about it to keep up appearances, but I secretly liked it.  ;D

I love bluegrass.  Not country western but bluegrass.

 

It was more the comedy I liked than the music, but I did like the musical sketches, like this one, which would be good for The Lovers reversed

  • Author

Oh I remember that song!!  :lolsign:

5 of Cups- "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by The Rolling Stones

 

The Devil- "Terrible Thing" by AG

🎼  OK, my overview page is up to date again, and all contributors are correctly linked to the new forum 🙂

On 5/20/2019 at 9:01 PM, KaiNO said:

🎼  OK, my overview page is up to date again, and all contributors are correctly linked to the new forum 🙂

I made a handsome new feature now:

 

Mark videos with checkmarks, press the button "Get YouTube playlist" (top right of page), and you will be redirected to YouTube with the videos that you selected in a new browser tab.

 

Choose from all the songs that you guys have suggested up to now.

 

Max 50 videos (YouTube limit).

 

Make a list of whatever you want: "Majors", "Wands", "Reversed Cups", "The Devil", etc.

8 of cups - Come back be here Taylor Swift 😑

6 of cups: Holdin' on to Yesterday by Ambrosia

May Be This Song Taken As 9 of Swords In Lightest/Prettiest Form?

 

Oh mannnn... This is the coolest thread ever. I get songs too, but most of them come in when i'm doing a reading! More situational than usual, but...

... 3 of Swords as Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri? I feel like it's kinda cliche, however... It feels so cold and sword-like while still keeping that emotional 3 of Swords feel to me!! Augh! 💔

 

8 of cups + death + hermit:

 

 

Edited by JohnLetter

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.