Skip to content

Give a Tarot Card a Song!

Featured Replies

  • Author
On 3/12/2025 at 7:06 PM, katrinka said:

The Devil:
 


(The lower limit of words is 5. Now this should post.)


 

One of my absolute favorites!  Good call!

  • Author
On 3/13/2025 at 6:53 AM, Deian said:

I would go with this for the Hermit:

220px-RWS_Tarot_09_Hermit.jpg

 

Ooo, pretty song!

  • Author
On 3/16/2025 at 6:32 PM, Misterei said:

Maybe just how I read Lovers [hint, it's not a particularly romantic card for me]

 

a06.jpg.f150d851b0dac6543b43eb9602ec3305.jpg

I think this is a riot!  Very funny Misterei! :bubble_blol:

  • Author

The Lovers = Stirb nicht vor mir (Don't Die Before I Do)

 

The song is one of my longtime favorites.  Sometimes The Lovers card is fun to just take it at face value, they love.

 

This is the English translation of this song by Rammstein.  The card is from the Tarot de la Nuit deck.

 

spacer.png

 

 

Edited by Saturn Celeste

  • Author

8 of Cups = Nebel

 

This dreamy song (it translates to fog), reminds me of the 8 of cups.  I know I've already done one but I love the image on this card and felt it really accompanies the song.  I guess the deck is now called Tarot Consequences but when I bought it, it was named the After deck.  Sorry about the Rammstein kick! :bubble_bhehe:

 

This is the English translation of the song.

 

spacer.png

 

 

Edited by Saturn Celeste

I'm in a mood tonight. No one does Tower like Marika Papangika.

 

16-tower.thumb.png.e1ce3a2d80cbb26086d1cd0b0421e467.png

 

Edited by Misterei

And perhaps no one does 3 Swords like Janis

3-swords.thumb.png.59e9d690329b6d29bc91fd4daf4df0df.png

 

And another Death song. But this one is happier. Not exactly fluffy bunnies, but take comfort where you can ..

 

13-Vacchetta-death.thumb.png.6cc83e974b55be826885e4af025bb0aa.png

Hanged Man is tough. It evolved over time and has 2 different meanings. So it gets 2 songs, plus a 3rd really tragic take on it. Song 1 he sings about Tarot cards [possibly].

 

And the old skool more literal meaning. Wait for it. It's in the last verse about 02:40.

 

 

Edited by Misterei

World.

21-vacchetta-world.thumb.png.59d8b69233ac426c982b3e461ed72f65.png

When Queen of Cups comes up next to 3 cups reversed  ..

 

How about a theme deck?

Screenshot2025-03-25011334.thumb.jpg.0b5b59f2ce2b18b53725664dcc940bf5.jpg

I finally have an excuse to post this!

"...She did it right there out on the deck
Put her canine teeth in the side of my neck...
"
 

 

Edited by katrinka

1 hour ago, Misterei said:

, plus a 3rd really tragic take on it.


Tragic in the true sense of the word. They killed her for that. I want to believe in a special hell with Anslinger rotting in it.

https://progressive.org/latest/strange-fruit-caused-the-murder-of-billie-holiday-180220/

Taking it back to the beginning, something upbeat, simple 10 of Cups contentment.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by katrinka

This is what happens when I drink coffee. For Chariot, the song that won Saudi women the right to drive. And, yes, the stunt driving is REAL. 02:00 is priceless. Sorta reminds me of the Chariot in Thoth.

Screenshot2025-03-24at11_50_21PM.thumb.png.c77933c190ebbba90d19636300a7b3e6.png

Hey, where's @xTheHermitx? WAKE UP! :grin:

The Fool, perchance?
 

 

 

19 hours ago, katrinka said:

Hey, where's @xTheHermitx? WAKE UP! :grin:

The Fool, perchance?
 

 

 

 

oh man...memories of my teenage days!!!  Ozzy? Definitely The Fool...Randy? The Knight of Cups....

ok @Scandinavianhermit, I am going to make a playlist based on your list with the Majors!!! What a great playlist for study!!!

9 hours ago, xTheHermitx said:

ok @Scandinavianhermit, I am going to make a playlist based on your list with the Majors!!! What a great playlist for study!!!

My second suggestion for XII. is based upon Etteilla's meanings. Just so you know.

  • Author

 

@Misterei, you can play Nina Simone as often as you want, I love her!  And toss in Amy Winehouse too. 😉

 

@Scandinavianhermit thank you for such a terrific playlist!  Much appreciated!

 

Everyone has shared such great music and tarot cards!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.