Decks With Modern Technology?

GlitterNova

GlitterNova

Can you guys suggest some nice decks that incorporate modern technology in their imagery? I have the Tarot of the Silicon Dawn and that's one of my favorite aspects of it. Also I remember seeing an adorable robot-themed tarot somewhere on the internet but, of course, I can't find it anymore! Thanks for your help!

Hi @GlitterNova have you seen the Tarot Wave deck? It's done in a vaporwave style, and although most of the tech is dated in it, maybe that's modern enough? haha 😄 It's a beautiful deck and really cool. The backs are holo. All the cards are posted on her site, so you can see if you like the style.  https://mckennacalabro.wixsite.com/tarotwave

e1f8e4eceb7b1daa45590a4e1a021296.jpg

AstralPasta

Do you mean the Robo tarot by Pete Hague?

Looks like it's sold out.... And their website isn't active 😔 I'd been looking for a robot tarot before too, so that's why I remember.

Ooh. They do have an active Instagram though. 

Barleywine

You could check out Brian Williams' Post-Modern (aka PoMo) Tarot. One suit is TVs, another is Guns, a third is Bottles and the fourth is Money. Come to think about it, though, it could be more about modern socio-pathology than modern technology. It's a wonderful deck for political readings, very sarcastic.

The Gay Tarot has a range of modern card pics and some have technology, like the 10 of Swords below. It is very contemporary!

It's a diverse deck, although aimed at gay men, it has diverse people and women in the images. The themes of the deck about acceptance and judgement by others apply to so many people these days.

spacer.png

Hi! I'm seconding the Gay Tarot and volunteering the Instant Archetypes deck, which was a Major Arcana only deck that was kickstarted last year.

it's not exactly focused on specific technology but as you can see it's very deeply informed by tech culture, internet culture, and the current zeitgeist in general!

On 6/21/2019 at 9:36 PM, Venus Rising said:

Hi @GlitterNova have you seen the Tarot Wave deck? It's done in a vaporwave style, and although most of the tech is dated in it, maybe that's modern enough? haha 😄 It's a beautiful deck and really cool. The backs are holo. All the cards are posted on her site, so you can see if you like the style.  https://mckennacalabro.wixsite.com/tarotwave

e1f8e4eceb7b1daa45590a4e1a021296.jpg

Omf! This! I'm awed beyond words! Thanks for enlightening!xD lol

Not quite Tarot/Technology, but oracle+science - The Universe Cards. Large cards, smallish deck, but absolutely stunningly beautiful astrophotography and with a really beautiful system. I reserve it for 'substantial' and serious meditative readings rather than everyday matters, and it is always thought-provoking.

The Housewives' Tarot features some 50s technologies 😄

The Pagan Tarot includes some everyday tech like cars, computers etc.

I'm not sure if these are quite what you're looking for but the Neon Moon (cyberpunk style deck) has modern/futuristic technology. The creator is PixelOccult and also has a post-apocalyptic style deck called Sinking Wasteland. I have both and they're both great quality and very unique styles, nothing else in my collection is quite like those two. 

On 10/9/2019 at 3:44 PM, reall said:

just find this one; https://shop.massivesci.com/products/women-of-science-tarot-deck

Best Moon card Ever!;D

I love the concept. And it's got Rachel Carson in it. I wonder how many more kinds of birds would be around if people had listened?
All that pink, though. I wish I'd had the creator's ear before they started. Have you ever visited the "pink aisle" of a toy store? All the girls' toys are pink, pink, pink, and they're dumb. The girl Legos are dumber than the boy Legos, for instance. In the beginning, Legos were for all kids, but they decided to divide them by gender and dumb down the girl sets. Or disposable razors - ever heard of the "pink tax"? Women's disposable razors that are identical to mens' razors always cost more. And they're pink.

I'm not much of a feminist - lord knows, I entered the workforce because I had to, not because I wanted to - I'd have been perfectly content to be a housewife on the condition that my husband wasn't abusive or improvident. I'd even iron sheets like Mom and Grandma did. But there's an unintentional irony in a deck with the message that we should acknowledge womens' contributions to science, and all that PINK.  (is Hedy Lamar in there? She was incredible. BEYOND incredible. Up there with Tesla, IMHO. https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-06-25/how-actress-hedy-lamarr-became-mother-wi-fi)

What pink says to me is, "We made you a dumb girly version of a thing for guys." I know that obviously wasn't the creator's intention, but I feel that way. YMMV.

I guess it can be seen as reclaiming, but IDK...the pink sort of ruins it for me. YMMV.

@katrinka haha! omf Never know about pink lego & tax(this explains it to me now so tnx!xD lol

eww, sad pink=stupid?x,x But guess I should figure that sooner!x,x facepalm

same here, not feminist don't mind being supported by relatively sane decent person (no iron plz!xD) unfortunately no luck finding 1 for myself yet!xD lol

But I do mind when someones achievements are undermined just because some dumb reason so must agree it would be better to represent Women of Science as Extraordinary persons they were but guess it's to much to ask not to be associated with pink?;D btw I know about wifi watched other day on tlc!;D must say Wow! That was good idea!^^ lol