reall

The Oriens Tarot Deck

Grandma

Thank you @FindYourSovereignty.  That makes sense except for the fact that on April 11 he told me "It seems that the parcel has failed security measures and is returned back to us to be resent a few times" before apparently being lost in somewhere.  Funny how a package that take over two months to arrive made it back and forth a few times in between March 15 and April 11.

You know, as I said above, it's just a deck of cards.  A deck I really want, but still essentially pieces of cardboard.  It's a small price to pay for a global pandemic.  It's the contradictory explanations and the reluctance to make good on his promises to do anything he can that irk me.  At this point there are only three things to be done - wait indefinitely, send a replacement, reimburse me.  His newest reason for not sending a replacement is that it would take the replacement two months.  Well even if that were true, I would still have the deck.  

Oh well........

geoxena
Posted (edited)

If I were you, I'd contact him and say, "It is unreasonable and unfair to expect me to wait indefinitely for the deck I paid for over two months ago.  I know people who received theirs within two weeks.  Therefore, any more excuses at this point are unacceptable.  Send me a replacement immediately.  If the first deck ever arrives, I will return it to you - but a replacement must be sent now!"

Edited by geoxena

FindYourSovereignty
13 minutes ago, Grandma said:

Thank you @FindYourSovereignty.  That makes sense except for the fact that on April 11 he told me "It seems that the parcel has failed security measures and is returned back to us to be resent a few times" before apparently being lost in somewhere.  Funny how a package that take over two months to arrive made it back and forth a few times in between March 15 and April 11.

You know, as I said above, it's just a deck of cards.  A deck I really want, but still essentially pieces of cardboard.  It's a small price to pay for a global pandemic.  It's the contradictory explanations and the reluctance to make good on his promises to do anything he can that irk me.  At this point there are only three things to be done - wait indefinitely, send a replacement, reimburse me.  His newest reason for not sending a replacement is that it would take the replacement two months.  Well even if that were true, I would still have the deck.  

Oh well........

He should definitely be sending you out a new deck - no question there in my mind at all. It could have already happened regardless of the shipping glitches - if it came back to him, he should have a record of that. IMO. 

FindYourSovereignty
2 minutes ago, geoxena said:

If I were you, I'd contact him and say, "It is unreasonable and unfair to expect me to wait indefinitely for the deck I paid for over two months ago.  I know people who received theirs within two weeks.  Therefore, any more excuses at this point are unacceptable.  Send me a replacement immediately.  If the first deck ever arrives, I will return it to you - but a replacement must be sent now!"

Agree! 

geoxena
Posted (edited)

And you know, if he argues against that, you can say you'll file a complaint for mail fraud - though that might be an extreme reaction.

Edited by geoxena

reall
Posted (edited)

just to say tnx to coronavirus all international shipping are on hold delayed/canceled, so it mostly depend from where is your decks is sent & your country destination?

also from personal experience I know tracking don't actually work for parcels from China, & considering all ks updates author provided it's likely he don't know which backers rewards are being sent or not?:) so I would just wait 30/ to max 35 days from day you get your shipping note before complaint?:)

lets hope your parcel arrive anyday now or by June!?:) also checking local post office or who ever is in charge for import tax office may be good idea as they sometimes like to keep parcel without proper note!:)

Edited by reall

gregory

Out of curiosity I've looked back over stuff I've bought lately. I bought two things on ebay and one from amazon, all mailed from China.

Amazon - dispatched  March 29; arrived May 6

ebay: dispatched February 2, arrived April 7

ebay dispatched Feb 13, arrived April 25.

It's very random, and I am sure some things are just getting hung up somewhere. If he sends another, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the same thing happens again. International tracking is appalling in general, and I had one parcel last year which I managed to track down to the customs sorting office at Heathrow; I tried following it up to get them to release it (it wasn't dutiable) and was told - by an official ! - that they are allowed to hang on to anything they like for as long as they like, and I'd just have to wait it out.

Little Fang

Please refer to the recent Kickstarter update in which the creator addresses the shipping issues and has a form so they can check on everyone's orders 🙂

Linfang

I ordered the deck outside KS, but tracking is stuck. Could someone tell me please, what the KS update on shipping is saying? Thanks so much!

FindYourSovereignty
On 5/18/2020 at 4:46 PM, Linfang said:

I ordered the deck outside KS, but tracking is stuck. Could someone tell me please, what the KS update on shipping is saying? Thanks so much!

Hi Linfang,

I have not received an update yet from the China dispatch or from the artist about the shipments. The survey asked for KS details and had to be over 70 days delayed. I have received my decks though, just not the spread cloth. Hope you get your order soon.

Linfang
19 hours ago, FindYourSovereignty said:

Hi Linfang,

I have not received an update yet from the China dispatch or from the artist about the shipments. The survey asked for KS details and had to be over 70 days delayed. I have received my decks though, just not the spread cloth. Hope you get your order soon.

Thank you so much, so probably the only thing I can do is wait and see...

FindYourSovereignty
1 hour ago, Linfang said:

Unfortunately. It does seem that way. Not sure exactly why getting status information seems to take so long, but I guess it is the volume. I will share when I hear anything back from the survey.

FindYourSovereignty
On 5/20/2020 at 2:30 PM, Linfang said:

Hi Linfang, I received my spread cloth today directly from the China dispatch. Any updates regarding your delivery?

On 5/13/2020 at 12:44 PM, Grandma said:

Yes, I received an email to that effect last night!  Thank you @Little Fang.

Hi Grandma, I am hopeful you have received your deck from the Kickstarter campaign. 

Grandma

Thank you @FindYourSovereignty but no.  I haven't heard anything back since I filled out the email form on May 13.  Grrrr.... but at least I know that I am in a group of people whose decks seem to be lost and that something is being done, albeit slowly and perhaps inefficiently, to find them.

katrinka
1 hour ago, Grandma said:

Thank you @FindYourSovereignty but no.  I haven't heard anything back since I filled out the email form on May 13.  Grrrr.... but at least I know that I am in a group of people whose decks seem to be lost and that something is being done, albeit slowly and perhaps inefficiently, to find them.

What's being done is you're being given a runaround.
Don't even deal with that guy at this point. File a dispute with paypal or your bank, whichever is appropriate.

Grandma
46 minutes ago, katrinka said:

What's being done is you're being given a runaround.
Don't even deal with that guy at this point. File a dispute with paypal or your bank, whichever is appropriate.

What would happen if I got my money back and then the deck surfaced and was no longer mine?  I choose to forfeit the money, which is long gone, and be surprised if by tiny tiny chance someday the deck finds me.  Also, crucially, I can let go of desire for the deck.  Poof, it's gone.  I would pay a price in increased anxiety if I start a bureaucratic process.  I'm a work in progress...

FindYourSovereignty
2 hours ago, Grandma said:

I'm holding out hope that, at some point, you will receive them. 🙂 

katrinka
3 hours ago, Grandma said:

What would happen if I got my money back and then the deck surfaced and was no longer mine?  I choose to forfeit the money, which is long gone, and be surprised if by tiny tiny chance someday the deck finds me.  Also, crucially, I can let go of desire for the deck.  Poof, it's gone.  I would pay a price in increased anxiety if I start a bureaucratic process.  I'm a work in progress...

You do you.
But the way that guy's talking, I'd be surprised if it ever showed up. I'd get my money back and just keep an eye on ebay.

FindYourSovereignty
Posted (edited)

@Grandma, did you receive the email from Sun about delivering the missing decks? Not sure of your location, but this is the plan for US with still a long delay of delivery due to all the shipping excuses whether to the states or elsewhere that will (I think) be re-shipping from China. 

890E0952-FF81-4911-AFBD-2E6726C44461.thumb.jpeg.3673c87966997d0238e9d2b20f57b01d.jpeg

Edited by FindYourSovereignty