Skip to content

The Work-In-Progress Thread

Featured Replies

I injured my right arm / elbow last night (I'm right handed) so I abandoned the drawing that I started for the time being. Being a bit technology challenged (:rofl: at myself), I downloaded gimp and have been playing around with some images that I found that are free for commercial use. I used a small section of each picture to create this. Still have no idea of what I am doing with that software, but here is what I came up with for the tower card. I went with grayscale so it was easier to see the aspects of the images that I layered. If it needs to be tweaked, I'll see if my husband can help me with that. I appreciate any input that you may have. 

 

1084264881_LoveLightPeaceTowercard.thumb.jpg.71dee9b385604d09c046d584b5446886.jpg

 

 

 

 

@LoveLightPeace that is a beautiful and apt depiction of the Tower.  My only concern is based on gregory's advice to me about my last card, which is that the hazy details, which I love by the way, may not print clearly.  What do you think, @gregory?

 

And in the final - really final this time! - chapter of my own contributions to We Are One, here is the preview of my Two of Fire, thanks to Raggydoll.  I will be using a lot of all of your feedback in my small and large write ups.  I absolutely could not have completed, or maybe even attempted, my contributions without your support.  Love, Grandma  

707574578_Previewgrandma.thumb.jpg.4562b5475bfb437bdd126c8bc587aa9b.jpg

 

PS I love everyone else's cards.  I regretfully must renege on my promise to go back and comment individually.  I'm pretty overwhelmed right now.  As many already know, my beloved 26 year old grandson Diamond who is my main support is very ill with what looks like coronavirus.  He should have his test results in a day or two and as of a few minutes ago reports that he is feeling better, so knock wood he is okay, but I'm not optimistic.  He visited me Monday night, about 24 hours before his first symptoms appeared, or maybe not.  He had a weird dizzy spell on his way here and I just this instant saw on CNN that dizziness can be a symptom.  If he is infected I probably am as well so I am quarantined too.  Diamond is strong and capable but he has had a lot of exposure - he is a tractor-trailer driver and as such has been working throughout the crisis - and he has asthma, high blood pressure, and is very overweight.  I've been sharing this in the Feeling Lonely thread which is where it belongs, but I just wanted to let my friends on this thread know as well.

I love that Tower :classic_smile:

 

And your Two, Grandma.

Dear @Grandma, my best wishes for Diamond. May he recover soon.

 

@LoveLightPeace, I like that Tower. It has a lot of atmosphere. More of a brooding sense of upheaval than of a sudden shock. And things are being peeled back. And that's the Tower for me. You discover what you wouldn't like to discover but HAVE to know. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Nemia

Thank you @Nemia.  The support I've been receiving from friends old and new at TT&M is wonderful.

1 hour ago, Grandma said:

@LoveLightPeace that is a beautiful and apt depiction of the Tower.  My only concern is based on gregory's advice to me about my last card, which is that the hazy details, which I love by the way, may not print clearly.  What do you think, @gregory?

 

And in the final - really final this time! - chapter of my own contributions to We Are One, here is the preview of my Two of Fire, thanks to Raggydoll.  I will be using a lot of all of your feedback in my small and large write ups.  I absolutely could not have completed, or maybe even attempted, my contributions without your support.  Love, Grandma  

707574578_Previewgrandma.thumb.jpg.4562b5475bfb437bdd126c8bc587aa9b.jpg

 

PS I love everyone else's cards.  I regretfully must renege on my promise to go back and comment individually.  I'm pretty overwhelmed right now.  As many already know, my beloved 26 year old grandson Diamond who is my main support is very ill with what looks like coronavirus.  He should have his test results in a day or two and as of a few minutes ago reports that he is feeling better, so knock wood he is okay, but I'm not optimistic.  He visited me Monday night, about 24 hours before his first symptoms appeared, or maybe not.  He had a weird dizzy spell on his way here and I just this instant saw on CNN that dizziness can be a symptom.  If he is infected I probably am as well so I am quarantined too.  Diamond is strong and capable but he has had a lot of exposure - he is a tractor-trailer driver and as such has been working throughout the crisis - and he has asthma, high blood pressure, and is very overweight.  I've been sharing this in the Feeling Lonely thread which is where it belongs, but I just wanted to let my friends on this thread know as well.

Thank you @Grandma! ❤️ 😊

My mistake on the haziness, I'll see what I can come up with for another version that's clearer. Thank you for pointing that out to me. :bubble_blovekiss: BTW, I love your card! 😁

 

Very sorry to hear that your grandson is so ill. I hope that he recovers well and quickly, and that you stay healthy. ❤️ :animated-smileys-hug-002:

 

Thank you @gregory and @Nemia! ❤️ 😊

Thank you @LoveLightPeace for your comment on my card and for your well wishes for Diamond and me.  Speedy recovery from your injury too!

 

Regarding the haziness on your card, I really LOVE it exactly as is and if gregory doesn't think it needs sharpening, I'd say no need to sharpen.

4 minutes ago, Grandma said:

Thank you @LoveLightPeace for your comment on my card and for your well wishes for Diamond and me.  Speedy recovery from your injury too!

 

Regarding the haziness on your card, I really LOVE it exactly as is and if gregory doesn't think it needs sharpening, I'd say no need to sharpen.

 

Thank you for the well wishes @Grandma! I will wait to see if it does need to be sharpened. Thanks again, I really appreciate it. :animated-smileys-hug-002:

19 minutes ago, LoveLightPeace said:

I will wait to see if it does need to be sharpened. 

I don't think it needs sharpening, per se, but perhaps a little more contrast.  Just the very slightest bit.

 

I love it, btw.  Very moody and foreboding.  Excellent!

2 hours ago, Grandma said:

As many already know, my beloved 26 year old grandson Diamond who is my main support is very ill with what looks like coronavirus . . . If he is infected I probably am as well so I am quarantined too.

Ugh, I'm so sorry to read this, and hope that quarantine and rest is all that either of you need.  Hang in there!  Lots of people had it and made it through after just staying home.  Sending good vibes your way, and for Diamond, too!

@geoxena thank you my friend.  I'm updating regularly on the Feeling Lonely thread.

Thank you @geoxena! 😊

 

I darkened it up a bit. 

130658288_LoveLightPeaceTowercard2.thumb.jpg.e202bf5aa45b2dd8169ff2ed7310c384.jpg

1 minute ago, Grandma said:

@geoxena thank you my friend.  I'm updating regularly on the Feeling Lonely thread.

Ok, I'll check there whenever my internet is working.  It's been giving me problems.  I forgot to mention in my last post that I love how your 2 of Fire card looks in the preview.  It's great!

4 minutes ago, Grandma said:

Thank you @geoxena!

 

And @LoveLightPeace I like the first one better.  I think this is the best Tower I have ever seen.

Thank you so much @Grandma, that means a lot to me! 😍

I like the first one better too. 😊

7 minutes ago, Grandma said:

I like the first one better.  I think this is the best Tower I have ever seen.

 

1 minute ago, LoveLightPeace said:

I like the first one better too. 😊

 

Me too.  Sorry my comment steered you off-course.  I didn't mean to make it so dark, just thought that a tiny teensy eensy bit of contrast might delineate things better BUT now seeing both, I also prefer your first one!

50 minutes ago, geoxena said:

 

 

Me too.  Sorry my comment steered you off-course.  I didn't mean to make it so dark, just thought that a tiny teensy eensy bit of contrast might delineate things better BUT now seeing both, I also prefer your first one!

No worries at all @geoxena! I fully expected to keep tweaking the image, especially since it's the first time that I have done something like this. 😁 

 

(version 3) contrast falls between that of the 1st and 2nd rendition. 

1021830441_LoveLightPeaceTowercard3.thumb.jpg.fa9e979b2eab2ccb8ebcfa7199cc34ee.jpg

 

2 minutes ago, LoveLightPeace said:

(version 3) contrast falls between that of the 1st and 2nd rendition. 

1021830441_LoveLightPeaceTowercard3.thumb.jpg.fa9e979b2eab2ccb8ebcfa7199cc34ee.jpg

 

YESSSS!!!!!  It's easier to see what's in it now.  Perfect!

 

 

Edited by geoxena

I thought it might be helpful to see them side by side and it was, so I'm sharing the comparison.  I like the 1st one best, then the 3rd, and finally the second.  

image.png.2ffde3f62438237bab945b0f9271a90a.png

Great idea doing the side by side comparison @Grandma! :thumbsup:Thank you for sharing it. 

The first one is still my favorite.

4 hours ago, LoveLightPeace said:

Great idea doing the side by side comparison @Grandma! :thumbsup:Thank you for sharing it. 

The first one is still my favorite.

Love all your Towers - the first seems moodily foreboding, the second doomy and the third highly dramatic.  Maybe you should choose... 🙂

I love all those towers - but I have to say I think the third will be easier to see when it prints - contrast is so easily lost.

Edited by gregory

9 hours ago, Grandma said:

And in the final - really final this time! - chapter of my own contributions to We Are One, here is the preview of my Two of Fire, thanks to Raggydoll.  I will be using a lot of all of your feedback in my small and large write ups.  I absolutely could not have completed, or maybe even attempted, my contributions without your support.  Love, Grandma  

 

 

PS I love everyone else's cards.  I regretfully must renege on my promise to go back and comment individually.  I'm pretty overwhelmed right now.  As many already know, my beloved 26 year old grandson Diamond who is my main support is very ill with what looks like coronavirus.  

Your Two of Fire looks marvellous, Grandma. 

 

Hope things turn out well for you and Diamond. 🍀

Edited by Pen
correction...

  • Author
11 minutes ago, gregory said:

I love all those towers - but I have to say I think the third will be easier to see when it prints - contrast is so easily lost.

I think so too. 

LoveLightPeace l prefer the first Tower card, it has a mysterious foreboding feel to it.  

l would hope it does not lose that due to printing.

 

Grandma l am so sorry to hear about your grandson and l do pray that you yourself will be ok.  Putting all my love, healing and  prayer energies to you both 💕

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.