Skip to content

The Work-In-Progress Thread

Featured Replies

12 minutes ago, geoxena said:

Wowee, @Wanderer!

 

So, the color side is her imagination, which means she's actually sitting barefoot in a ruin?  Cool concept, executed extremely well!  Makes me want to know who she is.

Correct! :classic_biggrin:

The whole of my other deck is related to a journey of (self-) discovery, and this is the same Fool. She doesn't look quite the same, at least on the coloured half... because she's imagining herself as some ancient queen. Nonetheless, it's still her.  It looks as though it has been a long, hard road to get here, and her clothes are getting ragged. Perhaps, when she saw the building in the distance, she was hoping for shelter or rescue... and so, when faced with disappointment and an empty throne, she escapes into her imagination... 

On 4/19/2020 at 6:33 PM, Little Fang said:

Just wanted to share what I worked on today ❤️ (signature not in final) 

20200419_183036.png

Sekhmet!

This is seriously good. And I like the way you've bucked the current trend and not given her long fake fingernails. She's a warrior and a healer, she uses those hands!

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

7 of Water

 

Might need a few looks to 'get' this one... but let's just say that her imagination is more colourful than the reality! 😉

 

2103498146_7Watercrop.thumb.jpg.ecc71b5f04e4a552dd45ae41e31e9740.jpg

 

And an other fab card by @Wanderer bravo!!!

14 minutes ago, joy said:

 

And an other fab card by @Wanderer bravo!!!

Thanks, Joy - glad you like it! :classic_biggrin:

@Wanderer This is such a neat and unique idea! Executed so well, I love all the details included. On first glance you could almost miss what's going on, but then details start emerging (for me, it was realizing she was only wearing one shoe!) and suddenly the whole thing comes to life with new meaning! Absolutely stunning!

9 hours ago, zedekiel said:

@Wanderer This is such a neat and unique idea! Executed so well, I love all the details included. On first glance you could almost miss what's going on, but then details start emerging (for me, it was realizing she was only wearing one shoe!) and suddenly the whole thing comes to life with new meaning! Absolutely stunning!

Fabulous, thank you! I'm so glad it worked... it's always a gamble with these experimental ones, but it's interesting that it was the single shoe that did it for you - that was also the focus when I designed it. I guess it's something so odd that it forces us to notice... like having two sleeves of different lengths, which might be another trigger. Anyway, I'm really pleased it revealed itself so well to you! 😊

On 4/22/2020 at 5:56 PM, Wanderer said:

7 of Water

 

Might need a few looks to 'get' this one... but let's just say that her imagination is more colourful than the reality! 😉

 

 

A few looks needed, but the feet did the trick. 🙂  Beautifully textured and detailed image - it reminds me of Deirdre of the Sorrows Tarot.

Edited by Pen
Posted in quote box...

39 minutes ago, Pen said:

it reminds me of Deirdre of the Sorrows Tarot.

Ummmm for me that is NOT a plus... :rofl:

Edited by gregory

43 minutes ago, gregory said:

Ummmm for me that is NOT a plus... :rofl:

I just went to look for it after your comment but it's disappeared into the aether - I can't remember when I last saw it, but I think it may have come without a box as I have a dim memory of making one especially. So I googled and it is as I remember with very similar soft colouring and texture to Wanderer's card. 

1 hour ago, Pen said:

A few looks needed, but the feet did the trick. 🙂  Beautifully textured and detailed image - it reminds me of Deirdre of the Sorrows Tarot.

Thank you, Pen - I can relax about this one working now! :azn:

 

As for Deirdre of the Sorrows... never heard of it, but that looks like a very nice variation on the RW. I do like the style, and it looks as though it would read well for me. I seriously don't collect decks, but this is one to keep an eye open for!

 

57 minutes ago, gregory said:

Ummmm for me that is NOT a plus... :rofl:

I can't understand that, to be honest... but it takes all sorts, as they say. 😄 

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

Thank you, Pen - I can relax about this one working now! :azn:

 

As for Deirdre of the Sorrows... never heard of it, but that looks like a very nice variation on the RW. I do like the style, and it looks as though it would read well for me. I seriously don't collect decks, but this is one to keep an eye open for!

 

I can't understand that, to be honest... but it takes all sorts, as they say. 😄 

Deirdre of the Sorrows

 

Lovely painting...

 

Edited to delete post and say that I was totally wrong re. Deirdre as I'd remembered her as a saint...

Edited by Pen

Here's the deck.

 

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/deirdre-sorrows/

 

And I absolutely do not like it. I have no objection to the story - I like Irish myths. I just don't like the artwork. (Nor did the person who sold it to me, who included a stunning bag to make up for the deck !) I do agree with the reviewer that the stock shuffles well, though !

 

We can't all like the same things.

The painting is by Helen Stratton, by the way. For A Book of Myths (Lang)

 

She did The Princess and the Goblin.

 

45 minutes ago, gregory said:

The painting is by Helen Stratton, by the way. For A Book of Myths (Lang)

 

She did The Princess and the Goblin.

 

I should have said, but it's very different from the tarot deck. 

No - I meant the painting of Deirdre. Which I do like. The deck is by Deirdre O'Donoghue.

42 minutes ago, gregory said:

No - I meant the painting of Deirdre. Which I do like. The deck is by Deirdre O'Donoghue.

I did too (mean the painting by Helen Stratton {being lovely}). The artwork for the deck is by Wayne McGuire, not Deirdre O'Donoghue (although he's not always mentioned).

Edited by Pen
missing bracket...

I'm shocked; I must amend my database !

Six of Water

I feel like I'm the only one who draws first and then figures out the meaning haha! I'd like this to feel nostalgic and reminiscent, but in a nice cosy way. So not too far from the classic 6 of Cups. Any thoughts?

six-of-water.png

Yes. I love it. It has CATS. Though the fact that they are transparent is slightly disconcerting !

Thanks @gregory! Laughing about your transparent cats comment, it hasn't occured to me they're necessarily that, haha! It's just a wannabe 50s cartoonish style I was going for, but I'll see if I can do anything about that. 🙂

17 minutes ago, Delta said:

Six of Water

I feel like I'm the only one who draws first and then figures out the meaning haha! I'd like this to feel nostalgic and reminiscent, but in a nice cosy way. So not too far from the classic 6 of Cups. Any thoughts?

 

It's perfectly charming, Delta, I love it! (and the transparency of the cats too - it looks very modern).

2 minutes ago, Delta said:

Thanks @gregory! Laughing about your transparent cats comment, it hasn't occured to me they're necessarily that, haha! It's just a wannabe 50s cartoonish style I was going for, but I'll see if I can do anything about that. 🙂

Please don't alter it ! 

  • Author
21 minutes ago, Delta said:

Six of Water

I feel like I'm the only one who draws first and then figures out the meaning haha! I'd like this to feel nostalgic and reminiscent, but in a nice cosy way. So not too far from the classic 6 of Cups. Any thoughts?

six-of-water.png

Oh this is adorable! 

  • Author
1 minute ago, Pen said:

Please don't alter it ! 

I second this. I do not think Gregory meant to suggest that either. 

6 minutes ago, Delta said:

It's just a wannabe 50s cartoonish style I was going for... 🙂

Well, 1950s is modern to me... 🤣

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.