More Kickstarter decks for your thoughts

FindYourSovereignty

8 hours ago, Niobium said:

Also, I gave in and backed the Meraki Deck. I wasn't going to but then I kept looking at the art and thought 'well...'

😱 Dammit now I need a new name for my deck! 

I can see why you're getting this deck, it's quite pretty 

So, speaking of animal/nature decks...

...I really like this one. I'm going to be a superbacker at this rate.

I've seen a few versions of that card in a similar style; I'd have to await the book to see what she says.

So, another one cropped up today that seemed to bear mentioning--the art is quite nice and thoughtful in this one, and it's already met its first 2 stretch goals. 

I want to think about it a while before I decide. I do love the way the art is interconnected, like Prisma Visions.

I took a look at that one (out of curiosity), and I find that prices tend to go up and up on Kickstarter lately.

Yes, $70 and it's his very first project, it's a bit pricey imo.

Actually for me who lives in the old Europe, even if I would find his project for my taste, more than $50 and the limit is over!

Edited by Decan
On 9/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, Decan said:

I took a look at that one (out of curiosity), and I find that prices tend to go up and up on Kickstarter lately.

Yes, $70 and it's his very first project, it's a bit pricey imo.

Actually for me who lives in the old Europe, even if I would find his project for my taste, more than $50 and the limit is over!

I'm having second thoughts about this deck because of the pricing, but when I compute it, the price comes out same-ish because the shipping cost is way lower than usual. Shipping to everywhere for this deck is just $5 when it's usually $20-$30 for me (to Canada).

1 hour ago, cosita said:

I'm having second thoughts about this deck because of the pricing, but when I compute it, the price comes out same-ish because the shipping cost is way lower than usual. Shipping to everywhere for this deck is just $5 when it's usually $20-$30 for me (to Canada).

I looked at that closer and towards France, indeed, the shipping is $5 too. It's not the actual shipping though (about $25) so I guess it's include in the $70; but the US citizens will pay more since for them shipping is usually much less. I'm wondering if it's a mistake or not, it looks strange.

ETA: or possibly all the decks won’t be shipped from the US but directly by the printer (in China for example); just an hypothesis I really don’t know...

Edited by Decan

I've found it's really useful to ask the creators about that sort of thing. I typically do it in the open (i.e. via a comment) so everyone else can see the answer.

And, another deck today:

I'm liking the folksy, quilted look, but I'm not sure how I feel about the changes to some of the cards. I have to think about it.

that is some serious fandom!  Hadn't a clue who Joanna Newsom was so have been listening to her performances on youtube. lovely. Not sure about the deck though, the minors are more oracleish. and the cards are Huge! 

Edited to add re pricing: I just got the Telluric Tarot which was priced at 70.00 w/free shipping ... it shipped from Canada, a big box, big digest sized book, so no doubt it would have been 25.00 shipping so that is the way I looked at it. 50.00 deck which is pretty standard for self published now, + shipping which is what it is, postage is expensive everywhere. And certainly has to be taken into consideration according to personal budget. 

I've never sold on etsy but I made my living on Ebay for a time, and sellers there are heavily encourage to offer free shipping, which is simply reflected in the price. Amazon does the same. Free isn't always free 🙂 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn
  • 2 weeks later...

I was thinking the same re: oracle-ish. Which I'm almost alright with. Still mulling.

Another new deck, this one from an indigenous artist. Looks quite lovely, definitely a somewhat custom theme, but sounds lovely:

I'm digging the color scheme.