More Kickstarter decks for your thoughts

FindYourSovereignty

@midrena Exactly! I dont mind the sigils, and oh, thank you for the IG link! This one's definitely looking promising. And since the Arthurian deck is likely to fail to reach funding, I could probably stick with Literary, drop Chromatic, and get this. (Literary is IIRC only 4-5 artists, so the consistency is a little better.)

The Tuatha de Danaan failed to fund fully again, alas. The creator may have a third and final go, but is also considering print on demand, in which case I will probably buy it, even though I have backed both the Chromatic and Literary Tarots now...

I don't usually like multi artists decks, as the differences in style jar with me, but the Chromatic is very colour intense, which does it for me, and I haven't bought any decks for a while (justifying self🙄)

TheLoracular

I am so on board with loving the Chromatic, Literary and the Likely.   I had to make a hard decision this month but between recent purchases, some kickstarter deliveries arriving as promised, and some amazing gifts, I had a flood of decks come in over the last 4-5 weeks and sternly told myself "no June decks purchases, you haven't even opened everything that got here much less had time to work with any of them."  sigh. 

But I'm going to back Literary for the PDF version and the Likely when it launches.  The fox card stole my heart!

Also?  @Monk  has a deck First Principles that is going to Kickstarter soon and its a beautiful esoteric deck I'd love to see get TT&M support because @Monk is both talented and just an amazing soul  ❤️   You can see more of the cards on Instagram.

21 hours ago, TheLoracular said:

I am so on board with loving the Chromatic, Literary and the Likely.   I had to make a hard decision this month but between recent purchases, some kickstarter deliveries arriving as promised, and some amazing gifts, I had a flood of decks come in over the last 4-5 weeks and sternly told myself "no June decks purchases, you haven't even opened everything that got here much less had time to work with any of them."  sigh. 

But I'm going to back Literary for the PDF version and the Likely when it launches.  The fox card stole my heart!

Also?  @Monk  has a deck First Principles that is going to Kickstarter soon and its a beautiful esoteric deck I'd love to see get TT&M support because @Monk is both talented and just an amazing soul  ❤️   You can see more of the cards on Instagram.

Thank You @theloracular! Sweet of you to spread the love 🙂 I've actually uploaded A bunch more images to the IG feed  Feast on that 😛 

For those who are fans of Mystic Monday, here's a deck with a similar aesthetic:

Liking the look of this one. US-based, alas for those overseas 😕

I have just had a look at this and I'm now weighing up whether to have a final go with the Tuatha de Danaan or this one… oooooh.

So here's a cute little one I just came across:

This KS is for a pair of mini decks, an oracle and a full tarot, and she plans to do additional oracle decks if this pans out. I went ahead and backed for a tarot deck because it looks SO cute, and I love this kind of down to earth imagery.

Regarding Kickstarter and the Hell with customs (in Europe), we did have some advantages compared to the UK concerning imports (from outside the EU) but it's like everything, there is an ending, and the ending came (but it's not a surprise).

Actually we are toasted! Starting with July 1st the VAT will be due whatever the price we paid the item (if the tax wasn't paid directly by the seller), whatever it is a gift or not, whatever the item is second hand or not. To summarize we will have to pay.

Thank you, I'm happy, I think I'll post something in the thread "today I'm gratefull for" 😁🤪

So Kickstarter won't be anymore a good deal for us regarding the price paid for a deck, unless we really want to support a particular project (and I don't mention international shipping costs which increased in past years).

Edited by Decan

@Decan some other large online shops like amazon and ebay let you prepay VAT up front in the price and they pay it on your behalf. I am sure a solution will happen with so many customers in the region. It's a lot easier to pay when ordering then to customs with a huge charge 😭 I am sure the crowd funders might implement this.

Whatever happens you are in a better position than us trying to import things in. Many shops online won't ship here anymore and some UK shops won't sell outside. I tried to get all the euro decks I wanted in the two years up to the end of last year just in case. But I've already seen some decks I want to get which will get stuck in customs or have high import costs 😭 I won't say what I think of our current situation because it would not be respectful 😂

Anyway fingers crossed easy future solutions for both of us will be found 🤞

Yes, I agree @DanielJUK

We are in a sort of transition period, and they are often challenging as are adaptation processes.

Fingers crossed as you said🤞

Edited by Decan

AJ-ish/Sharyn

ah, you are right. Nice though, although I'd have preferred softer colors. If the association is with Egypt thought, bright is what they rolled 🙂 

fire cat pickles
36 minutes ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

A Mamluck is in progress, so interesting! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/119783014/trzes-mamluk-deck?ref=discovery&term=tarot deck I remember talking the Mamluck over with Gregory years ago! 

This is where you get Mamluk now:

https://shop.spiorad.net/?fbclid=IwAR25FEMmsj1ufJMWsGfxGDBC0XgCZuhiFqAqezvuqgY49CBP31J9hYEBNj4

(Note: This is Trzes' site linked directly from Facebook, not a bootlegger!)

Edited by fire cat pickles

The Pulp Tarot has about a week more to go. If you liked The Housewives Tarot and The Zombie Tarot, this might be up your alley.

Edited by cosita

For those of us who missed out on the first edition of Joe Phillips Divine Diversity deck, he's got the Kickstarter up for the second edition!

I've loved Joe's artwork since I first came across him some 30 years ago. I've been on the hunt for a DD 1st for some time, hopeful for this second ed. but knowing it might not emerge. But here it is!

On 7/30/2021 at 1:00 AM, gregory said:

Thanks for that.  I was looking at the cat one (the link to which doesn't seem to be showing up in my web browser anymore), but ended up backing The Seaglass Tarot for a few reasons.  It's the first one I've backed in a while so I'm looking forward to it.  I'm still waiting on my Yokai Yochi Tarot set, so maybe I should hold off on backing more for a bit.  

Anyways, while I do think I want a cat themed deck at some point (and will hold out for the right one), I've kind of wanted a stained-glass themed deck since I've seen other Kickstarters, have been interested in an ocean themed deck since I came across Titanic Tarot (only to find that it was well out of print by that point), and have been interested in getting a deck where the suits all have clearly distinct colours in their borders since I've seen a plethora of such decks.  I mean, I do kind of have the latter with Ghost Tarot, not to mention that it ended up being the one I settled for as a somber deck (also something Titanic Tarot made me desire), but the suit colours are quite muted (which makes sense given the nature of the deck, but still).  Part of me has wanted a shimmery deck too since I came across that cheap Chinese RWS knockoff that I decided not to buy for at least a couple reasons.  

My wishlist is growing smaller, and I like it when a deck can check off a few items at once with a single deck.  There are at least a couple things I doubt I'll ever find in a deck, but I've made peace with that.  Then again, I've been surprised before.  At this stage I have the vast majority of things I want in decks anyways so I really can't complain.  

aries_dreaming

I just backed the Blooming Cat deck (couldn't resist!) and I am thinking about backing the Seaglass Tarot deck. I'm also a sucker for anything sea/ocean/water related. Putting that one on hold though to think about it. There's also a Lenormand deck that's sea-related that I want....decisions, decisions....

10 hours ago, aries_dreaming said:

I just backed the Blooming Cat deck (couldn't resist!) and I am thinking about backing the Seaglass Tarot deck. I'm also a sucker for anything sea/ocean/water related. Putting that one on hold though to think about it. There's also a Lenormand deck that's sea-related that I want....decisions, decisions....

speaking of ocean / water related, I must ask if you have seen this Aries...

https://www.somniatarot.com/products/tarotdeck

I too have a fascination with water and the ocean, and a healthy amount of fear / respect for it as well. this combines the two it seems...

aries_dreaming
9 hours ago, Wyrdkiss said:

speaking of ocean / water related, I must ask if you have seen this Aries...

https://www.somniatarot.com/products/tarotdeck

I too have a fascination with water and the ocean, and a healthy amount of fear / respect for it as well. this combines the two it seems...

Yes!!!! I have, and i bought it!!! It's beautiful. It's so cool because I'm a photographer myself and I have a sleep disorder too. 😉