Deck of The Weeek: Sign-up Thread: Week 145 : April 18 - April 24

VGimlet

This thread is for those who would like to work through their collection of decks.  Each week we will be picking a deck (or desks) to work with for the week.

Anyone is welcome. Please join us!

1. Please post with your chosen deck for the week.

2. Chat away about your deck, how you're finding it etc.

Participants:

1. VGimlet - Vintage Horror Tarot

2. Amberjune - Shapeshifter Tarot and the Whispers of Healing Oracle

3. tarot_cat - Dragon Tarot

4. Bodhiseed - Norse Tarot paired with the Wolf Pack deck

5. Madame Squee - Granny Jones Australian Tarot and Paris Debono Tea Cup Cards

6. Queen of Nothing - Star Power Tarot

7. ballerina - 5 cent Tarot

8. AJ-ish/Sharyn - Tree Wisdom Cards

9. Mi-shell - Mysterious Deck in White Bag

(455)

Edited by VGimlet

This week I'm in with the Vintage Horror Tarot.  I love old horror movies, so this was a no-brainer for me for my horror tarot sub-collection. 

Thank you for the new thread, @VGimlet!

This week I will be working with the Shapeshifter Tarot and the Whispers of Healing Oracle cards.

Happy week everyone. 🙂

Madame Squee

I'm in with Granny Jones Australian Tarot and Paris Debono Tea Cup Cards.

Thank you for the thread, VG 💐🌞

This week I’ll be using the Norse Tarot book and deck, created by Clive Barrett and published by Aquarian. The other deck I’ll be drawing from is the Wolf Pack, created by Robert Petro and published by Windspirit Productions. Today’s cards are the Princess (Page) of Cups and Rejoice:

pge%2Bcups_0001.jpgrejoice.jpg

The Princess of Cups is warm and compassionate; she places a high value on harmony and will not confront others or cross lines if it means a disruption among relationships. Yet as she matures, she will see that hard conversations tempered by love can be healing; that sometimes to protect the unprotected, we have to cross boundaries to find justice. Right now she stands at the edge of the water without immersing herself, listening to her intuition and observing others. The Rejoice card shows what she will learn if she continues to pay attention - that emotions are to be respected without giving them too much authority. 

We think we know our own life, but what we know is only an edited version, colored by our emotions and narrow vision. How close can we come to the original draft?

—Gregg Krech

Last night I looked through my collection – for a deck, that feels right for this week's Deck of the Week.

Well, I must be having a case of “Senior Deckslinger's Moments”😲

There is, in a white bag, a Oracle deck – with affirmations on the back of the image face – some cards vertical, some horizontal!?????

I have NO CLUE which deck this is!

So now “Mysterious Deck in White Bag” is my deck for the week!

I just hope, that by the end of the week i am able to report, what deck this is........🤦‍♀️

On 4/19/2020 at 8:54 AM, Mi-Shell said:

Last night I looked through my collection – for a deck, that feels right for this week's Deck of the Week.

Well, I must be having a case of “Senior Deckslinger's Moments”😲

There is, in a white bag, a Oracle deck – with affirmations on the back of the image face – some cards vertical, some horizontal!?????

I have NO CLUE which deck this is!

So now “Mysterious Deck in White Bag” is my deck for the week!

I just hope, that by the end of the week i am able to report, what deck this is........🤦‍♀️

Heh, I have a couple decks I got used that are like that, and it always takes me awhile to figure out what they are.   I think the Spiral Tarot (?)  was one I couldn't figure out for AGES.   Good luck, and hopefully the name of you "Mystery Date Tarot" will return to you.  

Horror tarot deck - fun, but also some of the images are a bit obscure for me.  But that's what makes it interesting, I guess. 

Vgimlet

So far I have looked through the data bank of my decks and compared a few candidates with scans on the net, but  - no luck....

I know, it is not really an Oracle deck, more a meditation/ affirmation deck.

And so the mystery continues.....

12 hours ago, Mi-Shell said:

Vgimlet

So far I have looked through the data bank of my decks and compared a few candidates with scans on the net, but  - no luck....

I know, it is not really an Oracle deck, more a meditation/ affirmation deck.

And so the mystery continues.....

Post an image. We may be able to find it with tineye...

Yes, @gregory, @Bodhiseed@VGimlet, You guys are my"last resort", so here it goes:

My card of the day:

front

DSCN6985.thumb.JPG.7e7ae14140e6b54905720f86bb41782d.JPG

back:

DSCN6986.thumb.JPG.16c9dee38eaf873d340425fe2952704e.JPG

Yes, how nice it would be to get some rest from VERY Nasty migraines, brought on by an even nastier spring snow storm .....

I would love to get away for a few days, or just and afternoon, but as it is, apart from the "stay at home order due to C-19, the storm has flooded out the road to town anyway, so we are stuck.

so the only change of scenery is virtual - as long as the electricity keeps up and the internet is going. TV and radio are down.....

Down also are about 60 Robins and a few Hermit Thrushes. Caught by the storm, that started with brisk south winds, they now cower beneath the feeder and root through the 3 cm of snow and the dry leaves below. We put some food out for them and hope for the Best.....

@Mi-Shell, I, too have been knocked out by migraines, hope I can sleep some tonight. Hope you feel better soon.

Don't think that I have the deck and don't recognize it. It does look like a Schiffer deck. I like the art!

Madame Squee

Re: Granny Jones Australian Tarot & Paris Debono Tea Cups Cards

My question: What is important for me to remember at this time?

Cards: XV. The Devil ~ XVII. The Star ~ Crown

The message I'm getting: 

"We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." Oscar Wilde

Analysis:

The Devil doesn't do social distancing. He's right there 24/7, provoking my worst fears, anxieties, and responses. For weeks, I have been feeling trapped and helpless to contain my frustrations. Then, it dawned on me that if I continue in this vein, I may very well end this life with that rotten taste in my mouth...

So now, it's clear to me that I must remember to choose the stars -- being hopeful, faithful, and mild. And it is delicious, like a starry summer night. 

The Crown in the Tea Cup Card gives me all the encouragement I need, showing me that I am in charge. I have the authority and power to turn my attention away from what's hurting and focus on what's good. 

Summary:

Get thee at least six feet behind me, Satan!

Granny Jones & Tea Cup Cards.JPG

Hi @gregory! ♥ ♥ ♥

You found it! 🙂

And it has a guide book too! well, mine just came in a white bag from Value village.

it does have quite a few christianity inspired cards, which is, as you know, not my thing at all.

When I first looked through the images, I just put these aside for now.... 

AJ-ish/Sharyn

I found that with all the Hay House and Blue Angel publications. Parts of their decks are stunning in their visual revelations but if I'm tossing 1/3 of a deck, the common sense stewardship of my finances is impacted 🙂 So they can keep their agenda and I keep my dollars. 

Yes, @AJ-ish/Sharyn I would not have bought this deck new either. I find the messages I read every morning a bit "preachy"or sooo "you will be happy and all is fabulous" - which actually, it is not........

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.