78 Week Study 2020-2022 - Instructions

Gardener

On 3/1/2021 at 10:22 AM, Rupicapra said:

Hey all, I'm having to come out of the 78 weeks for now. I would have loved to get back into and keep going on with it, but I'm struggling to fit the schedule in. My work is pretty much back to normal now, plus studying part time next to full time work is at the moment keeping me busy enough. I will try to still keep going through the cards, but I'll not be going along the schedule, but rather pickup the odd card when it comes over me. 

Keep going everybody! I'm still reading the posts and absolutely enjoying it.

Thanks for letting us know, @Rupicapra! And good luck with work and studying, that does sound like a lot going on! Looking forward to read your thoughts on the cards where it does come over you! 

Week three for me - and I am feeling pretty good about it still, but it's very early. Enjoyed to dive deep, to be forced to put my thoughts down, writing always helps me to structure things. And I did enjoy reading from @SheBeast and @Flaxen a lot, with their takes on the cards in their decks, that was really inspiring. Looking forward to more of that, hopefully!

The minor card last week and this week felt less intense than the first week with the Chariot, but then again it was also my first week. How is everybody else who is on board, or thinking about getting on board (again or for the first time) feeling? 

4 hours ago, Zoelle said:

Hi, I'd like to join you! I'll post this week for 7 of Wands.

Hi @Zoelle, welcome! Wonderful that you are joining! Which deck or decks will you be using? Very happy and curious to read your thoughts about the cards! 

I just started with 78 Weeks two weeks ago, so it's all very fresh and new to me, but if you have any questions, I can try and answer them, and there are more nice folks here who have been doing it much longer already, so they can definitely also help.

You are very welcome to start with the 7 of Wands (which some of us did last week), but if you want to follow the schedule for the group that we are currently following (it's posted here: https://www.thetarotforum.com/forums/topic/10184-78-week-study-september-2020-march-2022-card-index/?tab=comments#comment-174412) then this week, going until Saturday, would be the 7 of Cups, just for your information! Looking forward to having you and reading your posts! 

Thank you so much, @le_charior! Yes, I would like to follow the schedule for the group so I'll do 7 of Cups this week. Thanks for clarifying the schedule for me! I'm going to use the Golden Universal deck. I saw a thread where we can post about the decks we're using for this study, so I'll try to post there with some info about my deck. So happy to be doing this with you all!

Great @Zoelle! Looking forward to seeing your take on the card, and learn more about your deck of choice!

Regarding the schedule, me personally I decided go follow the schedule that is linked in my post above, and then add t the cards that I missed (anything before The Chariot) at the end. That's my plan for now, but let's see how it goes! 

On 3/3/2021 at 1:24 PM, le_charior said:

How is everybody else who is on board, or thinking about getting on board (again or for the first time) feeling? 

It’s been good to get back into it. The Tabula Mundi is such a deep deck that I’ve decided to shorten my write-ups. I think I slowed down/stopped because I was trying to include every little detail in my notes here. This time I’m keeping my observations briefer.

Edited by Flaxen
Correcting typos

21 hours ago, Flaxen said:

It’s been good to get back into it. The Tabula Mundi is such a deep deck that I’ve decided to shorten my write-ups. I think I slowed down/stopped because I was trying include everything little detail in my notes here. This time I’m keeping my observations briefer.

Glad you are back! As much as this feels like a personal exploration, as nice it is to share or do it together with some other folks, for me.

And already now in my third week I notice that my notes are shorter, but also might be because it's a minor, or because I thought about 7s a lot already last week. 

On to Strength now, one of my favorites! 🌈🥳

I am really enjoying the 78 Weeks Study - just finished the 5th card and week since I started. When I work with the deck now, and one of the cards I "did" already comes up, I feel like seeing an old and beloved friend. Hey, I know you well! Nice to see you! I like the idea that at some moment I will have this feeling for the majority, and in the end hopefully for ALL the cards of the deck. 

Really happy also to read what others here are writing about the cards - feeling grateful for @SheBeast and @Flaxen's post over the last week that were inspiring, and also nice to have a feeling of doing this with others!