The Chariot as Feelings

November

Hi everyone, The Chariot is card I always have a hard to interpret as feelings.. I know it's generally about being in control, taking the reins of your life, taking charge of a situation etc so what about feelings? Controlling your feelings for someone? But what are these feelings? Mature love? Willing to have a relationship with this person? 

What do you think? 

Thank you so much. 

Grizabella

The meaning will depend on the question, a positional meaning if there is one, and surrounding cards, of course.  But you're right that taking control or being in control of feelings could be a meaning.  I don't think being willing to be in a relationship would necessarily apply, though.  I also don't see mature love as being a meaning, either.  In fact, the opposite would be more likely----rushing into a relationship because of immature emotional feelings.  It could be a warning to slow down and think things through before diving into a relationship.

Edited by Grizabella

2 minutes ago, Grizabella said:

The meaning will depend on the question, a positional meaning if there is one, and surrounding cards, of course.  But you're right that taking control or being in control of feelings could be a meaning.  I don't think being willing to be in a relationship would necessarily apply, though.  I also don't see mature love as being a meaning, either.  In fact, the opposite would be more likely----rushing into a relatioship because of immature emotional feelings.  It could be a warning to slow down and think things through before diving into a relationship.

Thank you @Grizabella for your input. I think you're right, rushing into a relationship makes sense with this card. 

I think the Chariot is one of those cards which does not lend itself easily to representing feelings on its own. Actions, yes; thoughts, maybe. But for feelings, I think it does need the context of the exact question, surrounding cards, position, and artwork.

Maybe the person the Chariot is representing is just to immature to deal with. They have other distractions and is not quite ready to genuinely express themself. 

I always think of The Chariot as like a racing car driver or horse rider or Olympian. They have this mindset to determinedly go forwards. Like how these sports people and athletes have a positive attitude and focus to win. They are going forwards to a goal and blanking out everything at the sides and leaving anyone in the way in the dust behind.

Taking it to feelings, they are either really focused or determined on another person, like that is their goal, or dream. But on the other hand, that is not their focus and they are into other things.

The Chariot can control their feelings, they are pretty head strong. I think it would either be very interested in someone in feelings or other things are more important and they do not show emotions.

50 minutes ago, Grandma said:

I think the Chariot is one of those cards which does not lend itself easily to representing feelings on its own. Actions, yes; thoughts, maybe. But for feelings, I think it does need the context of the exact question, surrounding cards, position, and artwork.

Thank you @Grandma, yes, surely not an easy card for feelings, so I agree the context, the question and the position are crucial. 

24 minutes ago, Eric13 said:

Maybe the person the Chariot is representing is just to immature to deal with. They have other distractions and is not quite ready to genuinely express themself. 

Hi @Eric13, yes, I can see that, someone focused on something else, thank you. 

18 minutes ago, DanielJUK said:

I always think of The Chariot as like a racing car driver or horse rider or Olympian. They have this mindset to determinedly go forwards. Like how these sports people and athletes have a positive attitude and focus to win. They are going forwards to a goal and blanking out everything at the sides and leaving anyone in the way in the dust behind.

Taking it to feelings, they are either really focused or determined on another person, like that is their goal, or dream. But on the other hand, that is not their focus and they are into other things.

The Chariot can control their feelings, they are pretty head strong. I think it would either be very interested in someone in feelings or other things are more important and they do not show emotions.

Hi @DanielJUK, thank you for commenting. I agree with you, so with The Chariot it's a matter of focus, moreover emotions are under control. 

Hi,

I do not think emotion is under control. For me, the Chariot is a movement FORWARD no matter what.It may include disregard of reason, overly hot feelings, or even cool judgement to take "it" forward. The latter need to be backed up by other cards, though.

Just now, Teemu said:

Hi,

I do not think emotion is under control. For me, the Chariot is a movement FORWARD no matter what.It may include disregard of reason, overly hot feelings, or even cool judgement to take "it" forward. The latter need to be backed up by other cards, though.

Thank you @Teemu, I can see that. Perhaps control of feelings when there's cool judgement.. 

I ran into this thread on the way to something else, and felt like making a short contribution.

I always focus on the vehicle itself, when I get The Chariot (a favourite card of mine, obviously!)  For me it's not so much where I'm going or how I feel about things, etc, but what vehicle (method) I am choosing to get me there.  The Chariot is all about how I behave (or how the querent behaves, if I'm reading for somebody else.)  

How am I moving forward?  In a controlled manner?  In a predetermined manner?  Do I steer a steady course?  Am I rolling smoothly along?  Have I chosen the right method or 'vehicle' to get things done?  The answer to these issues is 'yes' if The Chariot appears upright in a reading.

Or ...am I dashing ahead in an uncontrolled manner?  Am I all over the place?  (Chariot reversed.) Do my methods need repair or fine-tuning (depending on the question asked and position in the spread.) Have I lost control of my behaviour altogether, and am about to come a-cropper?  Am I over-reacting to something?  Or failing to react to an obstacle in the middle of the road?

For me, The Chariot is all about the method I use to tackle something—including life in general.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.