This is the DE-ENABLE thread concerning buying and reading of tarot.

Saturn Celeste

2 hours ago, Therese said:

Thank you very much for the great response! That was my fear, that it could be more than disturbing. 

And I had to laugh out, @RunningWild, as you said: "Madness takes its toll." 

I can relate to the opinions of you both. 

And yes, it is much too expensive, I agree! I looked at it once and now and again thought of it and couldn't forget the deck. Don't know what it is, probably the wish for a deep psychological deck, but I don't think at all this deck could be this. I find it more dreamlike. 

Glad to have helped out.  Now, it's on MY wish list.

Hi guys, this might be a little off topic, because there isn't a thread for this for oracles/Lenormand, but can someone de-enable me from buying Fin De Siecle Kipper and Thelema Lenormand? Or at least help me make up my mind which ONE to buy... ahh the temptation to buy both! I don't have a Kipper deck yet but Thelema looks so stunning and I feel connected with it already.

I can only speak on the Fin de siècle Kipper, as I own it. It has a steam punk style, not quite full steam punk but a sort of Victorian life theme. Kippers have more people cards that Lenormand, I personally like them better but they are both interesting. I would look at the artwork of both and maybe videos going through the decks on Youtube and then decide. To de-enable maybe you don't need either of them 😆

I am so bad at de-enabling people here, I apologise! :dancing-cat:

7 minutes ago, DanielJUK said:

I am so bad at de-enabling people here, I apologise!

I usually go for the cost if it seems a bit over the top but these are both small decks.

I don't have the Thelema Lenormand.  But it's a lenormand so there's probably not a whole lot creative going on that one.

As for the Fin de Siecle Kipper.  No.  Just no.  Especially if you don't have a kipper already.  I've see loads of youtube readers use that deck as a simple oracle and not read them as a kipper.  There's a good reason for that.  Kipper relies heavily on direction and with the Fin de Siecle, direction is not easily discerned.  Kipper is its own system.  Do you know it?  Are you really going to put in the time to learn it?  Or, are you, as so many other readers seem to do, just going to use it like some ordinary oracle deck?

I was going through my Gilded Reverie Lenormand (marchetti) the other day.  I don't use it much but it is gorgeous.  BUT mine is the mass market edition and the cards all have a sharpish ridge on the back of the edges of the cards.  Like they were just punched out of a sheet.  I think it's us games, and I think I noticed this on another of their decks... oh yes, the Maybe Lenormand mass market, same. 

Since the Fin de Siecle is us games too, there may be the same "problem".  Someone else should be able to verify this. But man is that a tacky aspect.  I cannot really complain otherwise...

19 hours ago, bastetly said:

I was going through my Gilded Reverie Lenormand (marchetti) the other day.  I don't use it much but it is gorgeous.  BUT mine is the mass market edition and the cards all have a sharpish ridge on the back of the edges of the cards.  Like they were just punched out of a sheet.  I

I've had a few of those types of decks over the years, and I used a manicurists sanding block to take off those edges or nubs. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Our Forum host is raising their prices, so every little bit helps!

Guests

Thank you for paying us a visit!

Please consider joining and the Google Ads will vanish.

Registered Members

The only ads you will see are those run by your fellow readers, who so kindly support our forum.

Please consider turning off AdBlock so their contribution isn't in vain!