This is the DE-ENABLE thread concerning buying and reading of tarot.

Saturn Celeste

The Spoopy Tarot. I love the Kawaii Tarot. I love Halloween. I use Halloween and Halloween adjacent decks year round. The cards are cute, but they are regular sized instead of mini, like the Kawaii. Can someone please tell me that I won’t use this deck if it’s full sized? I know this, but it’s so cute and I don’t need another full sized deck right now. I’ve gotten good at recognizing decks that I won’t use. This one, however, is tripping me up. Thank you. 

Tbh what turned me off from it was I wanted a little more art on a full sized card. They just feel so...empty, like that. Which drives me insane because the concept is good! But a full sized card with that little?? Meh

Pass, wait for a mini! Easier to store too.

I agree that it’s not much art for a full sized tarot card. And honestly, they look so simple and… cheap! I don’t think they are even that clever, they look like something that was put together quickly in time for the season to milk people of their money. Very underwhelming and I don’t think you would even use them for whimsical readings! @Petalene 

1 hour ago, Rupicapra said:

The Chariot in the Spoopy deck:
image.png.70a7001c308a96ac787fbedae2c26c98.png

really @Petalene???? That's not even whimsical or cute. Not worth the money.

What IS it? A grape? 🤨 I guess a grape could roll down a hill and be a chariot to something small. Like a mouse 🤔 Oh wait, it’s meant to be spooky.. so maybe a grape chariot that is driven by the ghost of a dead mouse? 

6 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

What IS it? A grape? 🤨 I guess a grape could roll down a hill and be a chariot to something small. Like a mouse 🤔 Oh wait, it’s meant to be spooky.. so maybe a grape chariot that is driven by the ghost of a dead mouse? 

😄 😄  😄  I thought a round head of a bird with no eyes (spoooOOOOooky) and a little yellow beak????? 🤷‍♀️

14 minutes ago, Rupicapra said:

😄 😄  😄  I thought a round head of a bird with no eyes (spoooOOOOooky) and a little yellow beak????? 🤷‍♀️

Yes, very possible. Oh, I wonder if it was the  little ghost mouse that attacked the poor bird and removed its eyes? Best not to contemplate these things too much. It’s all very disturbing. But the bottom line is - everyone, stay away from this deck!

Run Away GIF

I think it’s supposed to be a planet or star orbiting. That card is the one I like the least. 

thank you everyone - mission accomplished. And I love the Monty Python reference. 🙂 

What is your opinion about  The Black Tarot by Da Brigh? Especially I am wondering  how good the print is (looking at this deck's unboxing on Youtube it's kind of hard for me to depict the images easily.  

Looking at it on amazon, it looks as though the book would fall apart in no time - it can barely open, so if you tried to READ it or anything silly like that the spine would give out. What that may suggest about the card stock, I dread to think. And - well, it's awfully BLACK, isn't it... Kind of limiting...

RunningWild

Yeah, what @gregory said.

But...over on the other place...I'll post the link and you can go look at the bottom of that page for the information you're seeking.

9 hours ago, rylla said:

What is your opinion about  The Black Tarot by Da Brigh? Especially I am wondering  how good the print is (looking at this deck's unboxing on Youtube it's kind of hard for me to depict the images easily.  

Well this Amazon review must put you off for sure 😄 😄 😄 

image.png.6964648d0793e79c5c5746e29fbe7149.png

but the reviews also say that the card stock is bad, there is a lot of ink transfer onto hands and surfaces, the cards are sticky and hard to shuffle and deal. Images have misprint in the numbers and look faded. 

7 hours ago, RunningWild said:

But...over on the other place...I'll post the link and you can go look at the bottom of that page for the information you're seeking.

Oh No You Didnt GIF by happydog

28 minutes ago, Rupicapra said:

Well this Amazon review must put you off for sure 😄 😄 😄 

image.png.6964648d0793e79c5c5746e29fbe7149.png

but the reviews also say that the card stock is bad, there is a lot of ink transfer onto hands and surfaces, the cards are sticky and hard to shuffle and deal. Images have misprint in the numbers and look faded. 

Oh dear, that is indeed very bad. (I am obviously referring to the ink transfer and not to the demonic portals 😊

You are saying it's a GOOD ting to open demonic portals ?

Well maybe it is - but should you ENCOURAGE it in someone who may be VULNERABLE ? :rofl:

Edited by gregory

16 minutes ago, gregory said:

You are saying it's a GOOD ting to open demonic portals ?

Well maybe it is - but should you ENCOURAGE it in someone who may be VULNERABLE ?

I don’t believe in demonic portals so I have no opinions on them. But if it came across as me recommending them to vulnerable people then I’m very sorry indeed. So to clarify: In this thread I do not recommend anything other than refraining from whatever deck the individual is yearning for.

I do hope I cleared that up ☺️

Sure you did. Not that I was taking you seriously anyway. But if the portal sucked the deck into itself - that's OK by me. As long as it takes the ink too.

Mind you if it WOULD open portals... I might...

Nope. It's just not good enough. @RunningWild - you are close to enabling. That is Not OK. This is Not Your First Offence. Say nothing positive in this thread. Not even a link.

RunningWild
3 hours ago, gregory said:

Nope. It's just not good enough. @RunningWild - you are close to enabling. That is Not OK. This is Not Your First Offence. Say nothing positive in this thread. Not even a link.

I didn't post a link, only mentioned that there is one nor did I say anything positive about said deck.  😂😇

You told them where to go; we all knew what you meant !

Just please do remember that no-one gets to say ANYTHING in this thread except to insult and de-enable.. Otherwise there's no point.

Edited by gregory

RunningWild
18 hours ago, RunningWild said:

Yeah, what @gregory said.

3 hours ago, gregory said:

You told them where to go; we all knew what you meant !

Just please do remember that no-one gets to say ANYTHING in this thread except to insult and de-enable.. Otherwise there's no point.

Actually, I agreed with you, Counselor.  😶

Good ! This thread is no fun at all when people get NICE abbot things. Did you ever see Julia Cuccia-Watts de-enable her own decks on AT ? It was priceless.

Thank you for your replies. 

Actually I was not looking for enabling or de enabling (it was all the same for me) just for your opinions about this deck.  I find it helpful to decide what to do (my decision in the end could be exactly the opposite of what is said about the deck, but it still helps).  I just did not see any other option but accessing the enable or the de enable thread (I considered that my question did not deserve/wasn't worth opening a whole new thread). I was inclined more toward being de enabled.

(I don't mind being de enabled as I am enabling myself enough! LOL)

So may I ask you about the Surrealist and the Shimmering Veil Tarot

Edited by rylla