Jump to content

This is the DE-ENABLE thread concerning buying and reading of tarot.


Saturn Celeste

Recommended Posts

The Spoopy Tarot. I love the Kawaii Tarot. I love Halloween. I use Halloween and Halloween adjacent decks year round. The cards are cute, but they are regular sized instead of mini, like the Kawaii. Can someone please tell me that I won’t use this deck if it’s full sized? I know this, but it’s so cute and I don’t need another full sized deck right now. I’ve gotten good at recognizing decks that I won’t use. This one, however, is tripping me up. Thank you. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tbh what turned me off from it was I wanted a little more art on a full sized card. They just feel so...empty, like that. Which drives me insane because the concept is good! But a full sized card with that little?? Meh

 

Pass, wait for a mini! Easier to store too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree that it’s not much art for a full sized tarot card. And honestly, they look so simple and… cheap! I don’t think they are even that clever, they look like something that was put together quickly in time for the season to milk people of their money. Very underwhelming and I don’t think you would even use them for whimsical readings! @Petalene 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rupicapra said:

The Chariot in the Spoopy deck:
image.png.70a7001c308a96ac787fbedae2c26c98.png

 

really @Petalene???? That's not even whimsical or cute. Not worth the money.

What IS it? A grape? 🤨 I guess a grape could roll down a hill and be a chariot to something small. Like a mouse 🤔 Oh wait, it’s meant to be spooky.. so maybe a grape chariot that is driven by the ghost of a dead mouse? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Raggydoll said:

What IS it? A grape? 🤨 I guess a grape could roll down a hill and be a chariot to something small. Like a mouse 🤔 Oh wait, it’s meant to be spooky.. so maybe a grape chariot that is driven by the ghost of a dead mouse? 

😄 😄  😄  I thought a round head of a bird with no eyes (spoooOOOOooky) and a little yellow beak????? 🤷‍♀️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Rupicapra said:

😄 😄  😄  I thought a round head of a bird with no eyes (spoooOOOOooky) and a little yellow beak????? 🤷‍♀️

Yes, very possible. Oh, I wonder if it was the  little ghost mouse that attacked the poor bird and removed its eyes? Best not to contemplate these things too much. It’s all very disturbing. But the bottom line is - everyone, stay away from this deck!

 

Run Away GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it’s supposed to be a planet or star orbiting. That card is the one I like the least. 
 

thank you everyone - mission accomplished. And I love the Monty Python reference. 🙂 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What is your opinion about  The Black Tarot by Da Brigh? Especially I am wondering  how good the print is (looking at this deck's unboxing on Youtube it's kind of hard for me to depict the images easily.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at it on amazon, it looks as though the book would fall apart in no time - it can barely open, so if you tried to READ it or anything silly like that the spine would give out. What that may suggest about the card stock, I dread to think. And - well, it's awfully BLACK, isn't it... Kind of limiting...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RunningWild

Yeah, what @gregory said.

 

But...over on the other place...I'll post the link and you can go look at the bottom of that page for the information you're seeking.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, rylla said:

What is your opinion about  The Black Tarot by Da Brigh? Especially I am wondering  how good the print is (looking at this deck's unboxing on Youtube it's kind of hard for me to depict the images easily.  

Well this Amazon review must put you off for sure 😄 😄 😄 

image.png.6964648d0793e79c5c5746e29fbe7149.png
 

 

but the reviews also say that the card stock is bad, there is a lot of ink transfer onto hands and surfaces, the cards are sticky and hard to shuffle and deal. Images have misprint in the numbers and look faded. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, RunningWild said:

 

But...over on the other place...I'll post the link and you can go look at the bottom of that page for the information you're seeking.

 

 

Oh No You Didnt GIF by happydog

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Rupicapra said:

Well this Amazon review must put you off for sure 😄 😄 😄 

image.png.6964648d0793e79c5c5746e29fbe7149.png
 

 

but the reviews also say that the card stock is bad, there is a lot of ink transfer onto hands and surfaces, the cards are sticky and hard to shuffle and deal. Images have misprint in the numbers and look faded. 

Oh dear, that is indeed very bad. (I am obviously referring to the ink transfer and not to the demonic portals 😊

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are saying it's a GOOD ting to open demonic portals ?

 

Well maybe it is - but should you ENCOURAGE it in someone who may be VULNERABLE ? :rofl:

Edited by gregory
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, gregory said:

You are saying it's a GOOD ting to open demonic portals ?

 

Well maybe it is - but should you ENCOURAGE it in someone who may be VULNERABLE ?

I don’t believe in demonic portals so I have no opinions on them. But if it came across as me recommending them to vulnerable people then I’m very sorry indeed. So to clarify: In this thread I do not recommend anything other than refraining from whatever deck the individual is yearning for.
 

I do hope I cleared that up ☺️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sure you did. Not that I was taking you seriously anyway. But if the portal sucked the deck into itself - that's OK by me. As long as it takes the ink too.

Mind you if it WOULD open portals... I might...

 

Nope. It's just not good enough. @RunningWild - you are close to enabling. That is Not OK. This is Not Your First Offence. Say nothing positive in this thread. Not even a link.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

RunningWild
3 hours ago, gregory said:

Nope. It's just not good enough. @RunningWild - you are close to enabling. That is Not OK. This is Not Your First Offence. Say nothing positive in this thread. Not even a link.

 

I didn't post a link, only mentioned that there is one nor did I say anything positive about said deck.  😂😇

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You told them where to go; we all knew what you meant !

 

Just please do remember that no-one gets to say ANYTHING in this thread except to insult and de-enable.. Otherwise there's no point.

Edited by gregory
Link to comment
Share on other sites

RunningWild
18 hours ago, RunningWild said:

Yeah, what @gregory said.

 

But...over on the other place...I'll post the link and you can go look at the bottom of that page for the information you're seeking.

 

 

 

3 hours ago, gregory said:

You told them where to go; we all knew what you meant !

 

Just please do remember that no-one gets to say ANYTHING in this thread except to insult and de-enable.. Otherwise there's no point.

 

Actually, I agreed with you, Counselor.  😶

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good ! This thread is no fun at all when people get NICE abbot things. Did you ever see Julia Cuccia-Watts de-enable her own decks on AT ? It was priceless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for your replies. 

 

Actually I was not looking for enabling or de enabling (it was all the same for me) just for your opinions about this deck.  I find it helpful to decide what to do (my decision in the end could be exactly the opposite of what is said about the deck, but it still helps).  I just did not see any other option but accessing the enable or the de enable thread (I considered that my question did not deserve/wasn't worth opening a whole new thread). I was inclined more toward being de enabled.

(I don't mind being de enabled as I am enabling myself enough! LOL)

 

So may I ask you about the Surrealist and the Shimmering Veil Tarot

Edited by rylla
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Our Forum host is raising their prices, so every little bit helps!

 

Guests

Thank you for paying us a visit!

Please consider joining and the Google Ads will vanish.

 

Registered Members

The only ads you will see are those run by your fellow readers, who so kindly support our forum.

Please consider turning off AdBlock so their contribution isn't in vain!