Cost of Subscriptions

PathWalker

Saturn Celeste
7 hours ago, peacefulocean said:

This is probably a silly question, but I love this forum and want to support by buying a subscription, but unfortunately every time I go to pay, I get asked to create a paypal account, which I'd like to avoid if possible. I haven't found a workaround yet. Does anyone have a suggestion?

You could PM Little Fang and see if you could make other arrangements.  And thank you for your support! :love:

5 hours ago, Starlight said:

Do we get a reminder when our subscriptions are due? I know they fall due at the end of the year.

I clicked on my member name towards the upper right hand corner, clicked Manage Subscriptions from the drop down menu and saw when my subscription expires

TTM Subscription.jpg

@Starlight you must have bought the subscription to the forum for life (King Pledge) on the kickstarter before because you have it for life on your profile 🤣 If it says legacy subscription subscriber it has no end date. I have the same thing and pmed little fang a while ago to understand what it meant. Some other people picked a package to support the forum upgrade with one year and other people buy time as they go on the forum now but you won't see a date because legacy subscription status never expires 🙂 So that is why you cannot see Rodney's screen 🙂

Edited by DanielJUK

Oh! How wonderful! Yes, I bought a subscription to support the forum for the kickstarter campaign (I think I got in just as it was coming to an end or something - the details are hazy) So that's what legacy subscriber means! I didn't realise. What a lovely surprise! 😄 Thank you, @DanielJUK

Edited by Starlight

31 minutes ago, Starlight said:

Oh! How wonderful! Yes, I bought a subscription to support the forum for the kickstarter campaign (I think I got in just as it was coming to an end or something - the details are hazy) So that's what legacy subscriber means! I didn't realise. What a lovely surprise! 😄 Thank you, @DanielJUK

Yay! For-life subscribers are awesome!

high five schitts creek GIF by CBC

Lifetime doesn't expire. Legacy is a carry over from the last forum until the end of the year. 🙂 Kickstarter is a year after it was activated and will display as Kickstarter 1 year or similar. If you had both a legacy and got a kickstarter, you'll end sometime next year. 

All I have is the old fashioned paid-for-a-year subscription and I can't find the information anywhere on my profile.  How will I know when it's time to pay again?

9 hours ago, Little Fang said:

Lifetime doesn't expire. Legacy is a carry over from the last forum until the end of the year. 🙂 Kickstarter is a year after it was activated and will display as Kickstarter 1 year or similar. If you had both a legacy and got a kickstarter, you'll end sometime next year. 

Thanks, @Little Fang. Should I just wait till I hear about the renewal of the subscription?

Legacy: Subs moved from the old forum.  Expires Jan 1st 2020

Grandma: I don't have you listed as a subscriber that I can find.  For what length did you sub and do you remember when?

No, but the computer knows I am a subscriber or it wouldn't let me access the Subscriber Giveaway.  I subscribed for one year but I don't remember when.  That's what I was hoping to find out without going back through my checking account.  It's okay, I will just resubscribe this week.  

Edited by Grandma

Thanks all!

@Grandma I think upon further investigation you're also a legacy subscriber 🙂 Let me make sure I stick you in the right spot.