ashwsh

New Deck Suggestion for Me

Hi,

I wish to expand my deck collection, but I'm really attached to my RWS deck so I don't want to probably ignore it. It's like my first born 🙂

But I feel adding more to the collection will help me learn more and become a better reader.

Please advice with a deck that is simple, yet adds more to my learning (over and above RWS).

I'm not a fan of fairy, cats, overly dark decks, maybe not too modern too...preferably something direct and accurate with a good guidebook with it or resources to read up on the internet to understand it better.

Oh Gawd...I think I have too many criteria's ..but I am sure I will get some good guidance here.

Thanks a bunch

Ashwsh

Maybe one of Ciro Marchetti's decks? I like Legacy of the Divine, used to use it a lot.

I really like the Llewellyn, but familiarity with Welsh mythology would be of benefit for the Majors. 

What sort of things do you think you would like in a tarot?

@ilweran..thank you..I will check it out. 

I like clean images, simple to understand and relate to. Probably focus on a single entity..something like white Sage Tarot. Not sure if it has a good handbook with it to understand🤔.

Do you need a good book to go with it? If so:

Steam Punk Tarot ~ (Barbara Moore version) has simple pictures and a great book

Hidden Realm Tarot ~ Also single entity and a great book

Spell Casters Tarot ~ Not my favorite, but great book and easy to read (It is just a more masculine deck then what I normally read with)

If you don't need a big book

Sun and Moon Tarot is one of my favorites

Let me know if you need more ideas.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:35 PM, KatMoon said:

Do you need a good book to go with it? If so:

Steam Punk Tarot ~ (Barbara Moore version) has simple pictures and a great book

Hidden Realm Tarot ~ Also single entity and a great book

Spell Casters Tarot ~ Not my favorite, but great book and easy to read (It is just a more masculine deck then what I normally read with)

If you don't need a big book

Sun and Moon Tarot is one of my favorites

Let me know if you need more ideas.

Thank you @KatMoonI will check out these. 

I saw the images of Sun and Moon Tarot shared by you for the reading done for Moonscooter..the deck is really pretty..

Theres always the Tarot fe Marseilles style. The original type of tarot. 

I have multiple Camoin-Jodorowski style decks that are excellent quality, colorful and based on the original 500 year old pictures originally made by Camoin. If you like vintage decks theres a lot readily available on Ebay at a fair price. 

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2019 at 9:31 PM, ashwsh said:

I'm really attached to my RWS deck so I don't want to probably ignore it. It's like my first born

You probably already have it but there is the famous Morgan-Greer; the cards aren't unecessarily complicated but simple and its colours are vibrant (the version in a tin is particularly well done in my opinion).

Edited by Decan