This Is The All-singing, All-dancing Tarot Enabling Thread!

FLizarraga

King of Swords

@Halcyon I just received the Animal Totem deck; the artwork is luscious, and I’m looking forward to working with it. 

However... most of the cards have a splotch of white missing on the printing just above the writing, and one of them is bent in the corner so the top layer has cracked - not impressed. Have emailed Book Depository about it to return/get a replacement. I seem to be having a run of decks with errors. Maybe it’s the universe telling me to stop buying them! 

Back to enabling... the book is great - a nice chunky tome to read. 

Edited by King of Swords

On 7/19/2019 at 11:34 AM, Halcyon said:

Well i just bought the Vitruvian SKT. I am NOT ready for it, but I dont'want them to sell out. I figure I will get to know it very slowly. 

You should have visited the de-enabling thread. I was obsessing over this deck, and they did a pretty good job.

It's a gorgeous deck, though, and chockfull of good stuff, and apparently Benebell does not plan to do another edition anytime soon. So it was a good buy.

11 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

You should have visited the de-enabling thread. I was obsessing over this deck, and they did a pretty good job.

It's a gorgeous deck, though, and chockfull of good stuff, and apparently Benebell does not plan to do another edition anytime soon. So it was a good buy.

I read that thread, but still was concerned I wouldnt have another opportunity to buy it. Benebell is my favorite author/tarot expert and I really connect very deeply to her style, so I figure it's an early bday present for myself.

@KaiNO 🤣😂🤣😂 Well, have to admit I just HAD to get the sort of "puristic" CBD TdM plus a book; the Tarot - History, Symbolism and Divination. Ordered from a Swedish firm that delivers like one day after you place the order which is really neat. The book is good and and the cards as well. A timeless feel.

Katie

Edited by Katie

I pre-ordered the colored version of the Mythical Creatures deck by Baba Studios today (and the book, and a bag) :stick_amok:I was auto-enabled the moment I read the post from Flaxen stating pre-orders were available, lets face it any deck by Baba Studios makes me go into auto-enable mode 😆.  Just thought I would stop by if any of you missed that thread so you can go pre-order your own copy.  Let's face it Baba Studios/Magic Realist Press makes amazing decks both in content and quality, and should not be passed up!

52 minutes ago, KaiNO said:

listen.png

I ordered four decks today just to be sure: 😋

• Art of Life Tarot Deck
  • Blue Owl (Lenormand)
  • Under the Roses (Lenormand)
  • Gilded Reverie Expanded Edition (Lenormand)

I definitely needed it, because I just ordered three decks 🤣 

I can tell that you are going all in with lenormand decks! Exciting!! 

1 hour ago, Raggydoll said:

Oh, that's great, @Raggydoll! Good for you 😃👍
But why so modest? What did you order I wonder... 🤔 Sure you don't want to share? Hmm...? 😏

Yeah, I've been thinking about learning to read the Lenormand for quite a while now. To be honest, I have too much that I'm trying to learn at the same time right now, but I read the great thread started by @Decan about Favorite Lenormand Decks, and then I came across this page which turned out to be many great pages as well. And yes, one thing led to the other and suddenly I couldn't stop myself from ordering some decks ☺️

On 7/26/2019 at 4:48 PM, Jewel said:

I pre-ordered the colored version of the Mythical Creatures deck by Baba Studios today (and the book, and a bag) :stick_amok:I was auto-enabled the moment I read the post from Flaxen stating pre-orders were available, lets face it any deck by Baba Studios makes me go into auto-enable mode 😆.  Just thought I would stop by if any of you missed that thread so you can go pre-order your own copy.  Let's face it Baba Studios/Magic Realist Press makes amazing decks both in content and quality, and should not be passed up!

16 hours ago, KaiNO said:

listen.png

I ordered four decks today just to be sure: 😋

• Art of Life Tarot Deck
  • Blue Owl (Lenormand)
  • Under the Roses (Lenormand)
  • Gilded Reverie Expanded Edition (Lenormand)

15 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

the lion king disney GIF

I'm so proud of all y'all! 😋

4 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

Yes, I want to have the proper “deck-reveal” moment 😁 And I have purchased or preordered SO many decks these last months so once they start coming I will have lots and lots of unboxings and first impression to share 🤗 

haha I was wondering too, what you ordered.  😄  Oh I am really excited now! I'm really looking forward to your reveals

happy megan mullally GIF by Will & Grace

19 minutes ago, Venus Rising said:

haha I was wondering too, what you ordered.  😄  Oh I am really excited now! I'm really looking forward to your reveals

happy megan mullally GIF by Will & Grace

It’s gonna be good (I hope!!) 🤗 Some of my purchases sits in customs and I’m not sure when I’ll get them. It’s pretty funny since they were ordered within EU and I am not being charged any extra fees for them. I was told that customs sometimes still sits on such packages a while. Maybe they use them to rest their feet on during coffee breaks? 😁

On 7/25/2019 at 5:22 PM, katrinka said:

I just backed this deck. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1468389582/tarot-card-deck-based-on-vintage-american-theater-posters?ref=thanks-copy

The Hierophant is a little dicey, but this thing is sooooo gorgeous.

And is the Strength card Nat Pendleton as Sandow in The Great Ziegfeld?

Capture.PNG.80355066341676522fe0c519f74dc2b4.PNG

I must have this deck.

A little off-topic, but... is it wrong of me to find mind-numbingly sexy someone who has been dead for over 50 years?

8 minutes ago, FLizarraga said:

A little off-topic, but... is it wrong of me to find mind-numbingly sexy someone who has been dead for over 50 years?

LOL. Not at all.
He's in tons of movies - 12 of them in 1933 alone. https://smumcounty.com/2016/05/21/know-your-character-actor-nat-pendleton/

He left us a huge legacy of entertainment (and eye candy, if one is so inclined.)

5 minutes ago, katrinka said:

LOL. Not at all.
He's in tons of movies - 12 of them in 1933 alone. https://smumcounty.com/2016/05/21/know-your-character-actor-nat-pendleton/

He left us a huge legacy of entertainment (and eye candy, if one is so inclined.)

☺️ I shouldn't be asking this question, anyway, as my sexual epiphany was a guy who had been dead for close to two millennia:

Antinous_bust_01.JPG