What Are Your Favourite Lenormand Decks?

Decan

******* this thread is still a good thread to say what Lenormand is/are your favorite deck(s) but the votes are ended with regard to the classification/list of the decks *******

Hello guys!

Everything is in the title "What is/are your favorite Lenormand deck(s)?"

I modified the initial title/question which was "What is the best Lenormand deck for you?" because "best" wasn't clear enough maybe, actually I meant the deck that you love the most, with regard to its particular art, the "soul behind" or something.

If you are hesitating between two, you can mention 2 or even 3 favorite Lenormand decks (but no more than 3 choices please!); I will edit the final list at the very beginning of September, so after that it will be still a good thread to say what Lenormand decks you prefer of course, but with regard to the classification the deadline is the end of August!

The Classification takes into account the decks mentioned in this thread (minimum 1 to 3 per member); popularity comes first, then alphabetical order.

***Each of the decks mentioned in the list below is one of the favorite decks of a member of the forum (at least)!***

💚🧡

Definitive classification of the Lenormand decks:

#1-exaequo Blue Owl (Blaue Eule) Lenormand (x5)

#1-exaequo Gilded Reverie Lenormand (x5)

#2 Dondorf Lenormand (x4)

#3-exaequo Daveluy Lenormand (x3)

#3-exaequo Piatnik Lenormand (x3)

-Anna K. Lenormand (x2)

-Pixie's Astounding Lenormand (x2)

-Titania's Fortune Cards (x2)

-Wüst Lenormand (x2)

-Alternate Realities Lenormand (x1)

-ASS Lenormand Wahrsagekarten (x1)

-Burning Serpent Oracle (x1)

-Carta Mundi (Brepols) Lenormand (x1)

-Celtic Lenormand (x1)

-Fairy Lenormand Oracle (x1)

-1889 Lenormand Oracle (x1)

-Lynn Boyle's Heloise Lenormand (x1)

-Mystical Lenormand (x1)

-Postmark Lenormand (x1)

-Rana George Lenormand (x1)

-Red Owl Lenormand (x1)

-Schmid Lenormand (x1)

-Scrying Ink Lenormand (x1)

-Under the Roses Lenormand (x1)

-White Owl Lenormand (x1)

Number of participants: 18

Edited by Decan
last update

I just cannot seem to break my love affair with the Dondorf. :classic_smile:

I love the illustration style and that it has the playing card inserts. The version I have in the tin goes everywhere with me. 

Interesting!

I will edit my first post regularly in order to list the Lenormand decks the most appreciated (this will depend on the answers in this thread).

The first 3 decks will be preceded by a #1/#2/#3, it will be like an "Olympic podium" somehow! :classic_smile:

The decks mentioned will be listed on the basis of their popularity first, but as default by alphabetical order (for the decks which will be just mentioned one time).

For example and based on the 3 first posts the Dondorf is (presently at least) N°1 because mentioned twice, next comes the Piatnic (letter P), and then the Wüst (letter W). Only 3 decks were mentioned until now so they are all on the "Olympic podium" (but this will evolve I think!!)

Enjoy! 💙

Edited by Decan

If we’re allowed to mention more than one, then I also like the Postmark Lenormand. It’s simple, clear and the pared down nature of it makes the GT easy to scan. It’s the only newer Lenormand I really use. 

11 minutes ago, Flaxen said:

If we’re allowed to mention more than one, then I also like the Postmark Lenormand. It’s simple, clear and the pared down nature of it makes the GT easy to scan. It’s the only newer Lenormand I really use. 

Yes, we can mention two Lenormand if we are hesitating between 2 decks we find "the best"; it's not a strict thread but relaxed. But 2 maximum guys!

The list will be under construction until the end of august, I will post the final list at the very beginning of September.

I vote for the Anna K. Lenormand because of the "soul behind". 

Actually I too like the old ones because of their claerness and tradition, but I voted for the "soul behind" as I mentioned. 

I like the images of the Dondorf, I was in the mood to buy it, but the copies I saw in reality looked very washed-out in comparison to the images I saw before. The Blue Owl is very practical and standard, but much more beautiful is the Anna K.

Great! And the Anna K. Lenormand goes directly to the 2nd position because of the A.

But everything will depend on how many times it will be mentioned in this thread! And my wonderful Wüst is now at the end! 😭

Out of these, I've been using the Wüst the most - a standard one with playing card insets at home, and a mini with verses in Fraktur German when I'm out. I have multiple Dondorfs, too, I've loved that one for years. 
The most singularly beautiful Lenormand is the Ensslin Schaiblin/Reutlingen. It does have those gimmicky "sigils", but if you know your PC insets they're easily overlooked.

esslin.jpg

There are a lot of others I really like, such as the Rana George and the Schmidt.

It's hard to choose. I guess put me down as Wust and/or Ensslin, but that's subject to change.

Edited by katrinka

13 minutes ago, katrinka said:

It's hard to choose. I guess put me down as Wust and/or Ensslin, but that's subject to change.

Duly noted!!

I can not mention just 2 ,, . 

I mean I have the under the roses lenormand,  alexander musruck lenormand oracle cards. , blue bird cards.  lenromand that comes with the easy lenormand.

I have my eye , on the thelema lenormand (hopefully the 32 cards listing is mistake ) for sept. 

and I seen a good lenormand called the mirror truth , very colourful was released on may. 

I wouldn't mind getting

the blue owl,

gina deroberto cards,

surprised no one mentioned the pagan lenromand oracle.

and sure would like to get my hands on the unforgettable lenormand .  

so out of my current decks surpising , I like alexander musruck deck over the under the roses,  or blue bird.. though I use all four. (French cartomancy ). 

out of wish cards, bridge 1889 ,  is still my main main desire. (unforgettable lenormand I mention is a prime ,, the bridge 1889 is the one that sold me that lenormand can be modern day beautiful.)

if I go by the rules I don't have to own it..

1. 1889 bridge lenormand 

2. annie k lenormand. 

Edited by HOLMES

DownUnderNZer

Blue Owl - (card inserts) will always be no 1 to me. And especially the vintage and antique ones I have with golden gilded edges. Beautiful!

Ciro M's is another and I recently acquired in the last few months a few Fairy Oracle ones. Think called that. I really like the artwork!

DND 💓

:classic_smile: Lol how will I do for the list @HOLMES

Please, please, just two, just two! Well, I know that on one hand it's unfair and I love other Lenormand decks like the Schmid Lenormand or the Dondorf for example while I just mentioned one.

So... Alexander Musruck Lenormand + ? French cartomancy (yes it is the Dondorf Lenormand) ? or + another deck ??

You have all the time you need to decide and change your mind of course!!

Thanks for participating

1 hour ago, HOLMES said:

if I go by the rules I don't have to own it..

1. 1889 bridge lenormand 

2. annie k lenormand. 

Duly noted @HOLMES

You can always change your mind (until the end of august)!

ETA: as a second choice I voted myself for the Schmid Lenormand.

Edited by Decan

I realize that 2 decks can be too restrictive for most of you, so I'm adapting a bit here.

Okay guys, the rule becomes 1 to 3 decks you find "the best" for you (for different personal reasons). But if you love just 1 Lenormand deck it's okay while you can mention until 3 for the list.

@DownUnderNZer I will take into account your 3 choices.

Personally my third choice would be the Dondorf.

@Therese you mentioned 3 decks, so I will take all them into account!

@katrinka @Flaxen @HOLMES @Charlie Brown just to let you know that you can add a third deck if you want (3 choices is something now possible!!)

Edited by Decan

It's still difficult, lol.
Wüst and Ensslin, for sure.
I used the Dondorf so much, for so many years, that I suppose I have to include it. But not those giant manhole cover sized things, or whatever is being done to it! Restorations with Dondorf backs, bridge sized. Like the Lilac: http://gameofhopelenormand.bigcartel.com/product/le-fanu-s-lilac-dondorf-is-returning

I love the Owl decks. All of them. I don’t find them “beautiful” per se (that’s the Dondorf), but they feel right. I actually use the Red Owl as much as anything since I don’t focus on playing card meanings necessarily. 

19 minutes ago, Czenzi said:

I love the Owl decks. All of them. I don’t find them “beautiful” per se (that’s the Dondorf), but they feel right. I actually use the Red Owl as much as anything since I don’t focus on playing card meanings necessarily. 

Thanks! So your choices are the White Owl /Red Owl /Blue Owl Lenormand?

Or the Red Owl and the Donforf Lenormand? 3 decks are possible if you want.

18 minutes ago, Decan said:

@katrinka okay, it's decided!! But you can always change your mind during the month to come, so that way everyone will feel comfortable (I hope!)

Third place is actually a tossup between the Dondorf, the Schmidt (snow! smoking!), and the Rana (old Beirut, “La Dolce Vita in the Middle East”.)
I'm at a point with Dondorf where I can take it or leave it, but I remember being quite smitten with it years ago when I first saw images online. It's just that I used it so much for so long that I'm a little weary of it. I wore out two French Cartomancies, a Koenigsfurt, and a Purple Dragon. Now I have about a half dozen different restorations and I rotate them, so nothing wears out. I'm not enamored with it any more, but it speaks in the Dondorf's favor that it got that much use.

Aside from that, I got this one the other day and I'm really liking it! (though I wouldn't recommend it for beginners) https://thecartomancer.bigcartel.com/product/mlle-lenormand-s-wahrsagekarten-der-engel

13 minutes ago, katrinka said:

Third place is actually a tossup between the Dondorf, the Schmidt (snow! smoking!), and the Rana (old Beirut, “La Dolce Vita in the Middle East”.)
I'm at a point with Dondorf where I can take it or leave it, but I remember being quite smitten with it years ago when I first saw images online. It's just that I used it so much for so long that I'm a little weary of it. I wore out two French Cartomancies, a Koenigsfurt, and a Purple Dragon. Now I have about a half dozen different restorations and I rotate them, so nothing wears out. I'm not enamored with it any more, but it speaks in the Dondorf's favor that it got that much use.

Aside from that, I got this one the other day and I'm really liking it! (though I wouldn't recommend it for beginners) https://thecartomancer.bigcartel.com/product/mlle-lenormand-s-wahrsagekarten-der-engel

Okay, duly noted and adjusted! Every nuance is important!! :classic_smile:

I think I had a great idea to open this thread 😁

56 minutes ago, Decan said:

Thanks! So your choices are the White Owl /Red Owl /Blue Owl Lenormand?

Or the Red Owl and the Donforf Lenormand? 3 decks are possible if you want.

The three owls only. Dondorf is beautiful, but I don’t feel called to it.