More Kickstarter decks for your thoughts

FindYourSovereignty

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Yeah. I have one edition; how much do I....

That set of 6 minis - are these three new ones among them - the image is very SMALL....

The description indicates it's the three new ones and three prior versions. As I recall one of the prior ones had no card changes from a previous version and was basically a straight reprint, but I might drop them an ask to check on that. I'm more likely to just buy the bundle of the new three, though that book end box is so cute.

8 hours ago, gregory said:

Yeah - this is a real toughie.... :classic_unsure:

Ah ha, they beat me to it and posted explaining what the 6 minis are:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/295140183/broken-mirror-tarot-generation-v/posts/3509090

So, v1-4, and 2 of the v5 decks, Sapphire (which they indicate is a Marseille deck) and Obsidian (RWS). They've updated the campaign to indicate Emerald is also an RWS deck, but it's a different visual style than Obsidian. So, in effect, 3 quite different decks.

TheWootique

I have a couple I've been looking at for the shop

Tarot of Oneness - I like this because it is genderless and inclusive but also largely free of people - however it may be a bit too... much?

I have a few more but think my settings are preventing me posting them

Thoughts?

stephanelli
11 minutes ago, TheWootique said:

I have a couple I've been looking at for the shop

Tarot of Oneness - I like this because it is genderless and inclusive but also largely free of people - however it may be a bit too... much?

I have a few more but think my settings are preventing me posting them

Thoughts?

Once you have 5 posts around the forum you'll find it easier to post things like links and photos.  This is one of our spam prevention measures.

I love the look of the Tarot of Oneness, its very pretty.  I don't mind people-less decks, I find them interesting to read with, although they do sometimes pose more of a challenge!

On 5/17/2022 at 9:23 PM, Niobium said:

Ah ha, they beat me to it and posted explaining what the 6 minis are:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/295140183/broken-mirror-tarot-generation-v/posts/3509090

So, v1-4, and 2 of the v5 decks, Sapphire (which they indicate is a Marseille deck) and Obsidian (RWS). They've updated the campaign to indicate Emerald is also an RWS deck, but it's a different visual style than Obsidian. So, in effect, 3 quite different decks.

SO.

If I have what I THINK is the second edition (the artist did promise at one point to offer me the first, but that never happened) and go for the set of three full sized ones, I don't have all of them....

Hmmmm.

14 hours ago, gregory said:

SO.

If I have what I THINK is the second edition (the artist did promise at one point to offer me the first, but that never happened) and go for the set of three full sized ones, I don't have all of them....

Hmmmm.

Yeah, it's a bit of a quandry from a collecting standpoint.

I went for just Emerald; Obsidian looks like a sort of RWS/Marseille hybrid, and I wasn't terribly drawn to it. I like the Emerald card back better too.

So, this is a dice Kick Starter with a tarot theme, and one of the rewards is a tarot deck done by an Italian artist who has an art nouveau style:

and another one, which I haven't backed but which looks pretty decent overall, in a vector style:

Edit: okay I caved. The second one is in the UK, BTW!

Edited by Niobium

So now I gifted myself the Broken Mirror all in limited box as a belated birthday present,. I have hesitated quite a while, but since there were only nine left I could not wait longer....

Good day everyone.

I just ordered the Baroque Tarot .  It is different from the majority of my collection. I hope it it is not too angelic for me, but it is so lovely I feel

regardless of table time I'll appreciate owning it. I don't take chances on KS decks until they hit retail anymore, and it is in readers hands.

There was a deck of 78 different artists themed around tarot reversal meanings and I cannot locate it on Kickstarter. Now that it is starting to be delivered I definitely want

to order a copy. Does anyone recall?

Edited by Wyrdkiss

2 hours ago, Wyrdkiss said:

There was a deck of 78 different artists themed around tarot reversal meanings and I cannot locate it on Kickstarter. Now that it is starting to be delivered I definitely want

to order a copy. Does anyone recall?

Yes! That was the Corrupted Tarot, by Wyrmwood, and it can be purchased on their site:

https://wyrmwoodgaming.com/products/corrupted-tarot-deck-standard/

There's also a luxury edition, same url but ends in luxury.

Edited by Niobium

41 minutes ago, Niobium said:

Yes! That was the Corrupted Tarot, by Wyrmwood, and it can be purchased on their site:

https://wyrmwoodgaming.com/products/corrupted-tarot-deck-standard/

There's also a luxury edition, same url but ends in luxury.

Many thanks Niobium!  This will be my October Birthday present to myself. It has some really rad artists. I'm uncertain of readability, but I must...have it...my precious!

35 minutes ago, Wyrdkiss said:

Many thanks Niobium!  This will be my October Birthday present to myself. It has some really rad artists. I'm uncertain of readability, but I must...have it...my precious!

I've found it reasonably readable with the miniguidebook they include. The art is very consistently good, as well; no random stick figure drawings among the higher end art.

For those who missed the Little Odd Tarot, the creator is doing a playing card set, and the Little Odd deck is available as a pledge level:

Reasonably cute pair of decks.

Another cat deck!

I really like the spare nature of it but I have 2 black cat decks (I keep buying them in honor of my dearly departed boi Orion) already, and numerous other cat decks besides. But for anyone else who likes a simpler deck which still has RWS scenery and black cats...

3 hours ago, Niobium said:

Another cat deck!

I really like the spare nature of it but I have 2 black cat decks (I keep buying them in honor of my dearly departed boi Orion) already, and numerous other cat decks besides. But for anyone else who likes a simpler deck which still has RWS scenery and black cats...

Hmmm.  I have bunches of cat decks, but I've only had 2 black cat decks, and gave away both.  Well, I just received a black cat tarot from a Kickstarter and I really don't like it.  (Might be the first time a deck went off my "awaiting in the mail" list and onto my "giveaway" list with nothing in between.)  I mean it's not that bad, but . . .

So I wonder if I should give this one a try?  Minimalist might be the answer to the question that is my need of a black cat deck!  Thanks for posting @Niobium!

@Rachelcat you're welcome! I've had a few KS like that recently (or the creator puts out a new edition which is much nicer) and been sending them on their way, so I know the feeling.

The other black cat decks I have, if you're looking for more options, are:

Yin-yang the cat deck - black: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1234240827/yin-yang-tarot-yin-yang-the-cat-tarot?variation0=2619048230

The (Golden) Black Cat Tarot: https://www.tarotworld.com/product/golden-black-cat-tarot/

Both of these are quite nice. The Golden deck is a little large (it's possible I have the earlier, now OOP edition, I need to compare mine to these), but the artistry in it is really fun.

@Niobium, thanks for the black cat deck recommendations!  

I like the idea of yin and yang black and white cat decks, but the kitties are a little too blobby for me.  (My cats are lean mean kitty machines!)

And the cats in the golden one are a little TOO spiky!  

So I backed the Into the Void!  The cats are Goldilocks just right.  And I love the name!

And then I found this!  Mythic Cats (Books & Oracle & Playing Cards)

It scratches my mythic creatures and cat oracle (and psychedelic art) itches all at the same time!  Backed!

I also saw the Blooming Cat Oracle, which ended yesterday.  And there's a tarot, too.  But I resisted them!

It seems like I must have at least 3 Kickstarters in the works at all times!  The things we do for tarot!

@Rachelcat I thought about Mythic Cats but ultimately didn't, as I have...a lot of cat decks. But I'm glad the Into the Void deck works out! 😄 I'm still wavering on it, because, so many cat decks. 

I love Blooming Cats, it's the damned cutest thing. I thought about the Oracle, may still get it once it's on their site.

Okay I gave in and backed Into the Void. >.>

For anyone who missed out on Dream Visions 1st Edition, the 2nd Edition has launched on KS:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dreamvisiontarot/dream-vision-tarot-2nd-edition

A few changes from the 1st Ed, which she specifies in the campaign description. I like this as an alternative to Mystic Mondays, which is a nice deck but sometimes a little too abstract for me. This one has a similar aesthetic but IMO more concrete imagery.

On 7/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, Niobium said:

Okay I gave in and backed Into the Void. >.>

Welcome to the void!  😸

Once more unto the breach, etc! This version of the Little Odd Tarot won't have green edges but will have a linen finish. Win/win for me, truth be told. I love the playing card deck as well. 🙂