Skip to content

What's The Postman Bringing?

Featured Replies

I really like the Yokai Yochi, but even if it were available at this price I would have to think long and hard about whether I urgently need it...

 

image.thumb.png.c0daf1a35724a7743e48aac76f3d87e8.png

1 hour ago, Eno said:

I really like the Yokai Yochi, but even if it were available at this price I would have to think long and hard about whether I urgently need it...

 

image.thumb.png.c0daf1a35724a7743e48aac76f3d87e8.png

Agreed, the resale is up there - that's why I was so relieved to snag one yesterday - but maybe once the leftovers get shipped out more decks will hit the market and that will drop the prices?

5 hours ago, Rori said:

I agree, it does seem unfair - and apparently there was a time zone issue as well (on the website they said it would launch at 10:00 CST but it launched at 10:00 CDT or something like that)... I feel for the creator, I wouldn't want to do another print run while the world is the way it is right now either, but it's definitely not ideal.
But who knows? Maybe it will go MM like the FP did!

 THAT explains it; I will have got caught by the time zone thing. (My email said 10/00 CST, so.... Oh well.)

 

NOTHING would induce me to support an ebayer pulling a nasty stunt like that.

Edited by gregory

Oh ugh I wish I'd noticed that--we're all on daylight savings in the US save for very specific spots in the country which she's not in, AFAIK. It's usually the first thing I ask them to confirm. 🤦 Apologies, wish I'd caught it. I'll be more vigilant in the future!

Terra Volatile and Terra Volatile Expansion pack  

\o/ @gregory I just received my heavy-stock versions of those and I love them. Got them a nice bag to store in. The two-part box is an enormous improvement.

The Great Parade Tarot has just arrived. Very nicely done TdM style deck. :classic_smile:

23 hours ago, gregory said:
Terra Volatile and Terra Volatile Expansion pack  

 

I need to stop looking at this thread 😅

4 minutes ago, RunningWild said:

 

I need to stop looking at this thread 😅

Don't forget the De-Enabling Thread exists...

 

1 minute ago, stephanelli said:

Don't forget the De-Enabling Thread exists...

 

Nah, lack of funds is all the de-enabling I need.  I just suffer from tarot envy.  LOL

1 minute ago, RunningWild said:

Nah, lack of funds is all the de-enabling I need.  I just suffer from tarot envy.  LOL

That's fair!

I combat Tarot Envy by simply not looking in this thread very often 😆

21 hours ago, Flaxen said:

The Great Parade Tarot has just arrived. Very nicely done TdM style deck. :classic_smile:

 

Me too. Ian does good work.

Just pre-ordered the Jean Dodal from Artisan Tarot, an early birthday present for myself 😀

@gregory - just a quick heads up - there are some more yokai yochi decks available on pledgemanager right now, probably due to cancelations or something - the fool pin and the cloth are also available right now. They keep coming back periodically, it seems - probably whenever an order gets canceled - so if you can get it delivered to a friend outside the UK, it might be worth checking back in once a day or so. I haven't seen them come back on Etsy, so you probably won't be able to get it shipped to the UK directly 😞

Edited by Rori

Today our lovely postie brought me the Trionfi Della Luna Illustrated Pips - regular and paradoxical editions. So looking forward to reading with them. :classic_smile:

2 hours ago, Flaxen said:

Today our lovely postie brought me the Trionfi Della Luna Illustrated Pips - regular and paradoxical editions. So looking forward to reading with them. :classic_smile:

 

Yay! I’ve got both too! We’ll have to exchange a reading with them soon! 

58 minutes ago, sweeneyish said:

 

Yay! I’ve got both too! We’ll have to exchange a reading with them soon! 

Absolutely! I really love the colours on the paradoxical. I think it might be my favourite. 

18 hours ago, Rori said:

@gregory - just a quick heads up - there are some more yokai yochi decks available on pledgemanager right now, probably due to cancelations or something - the fool pin and the cloth are also available right now. They keep coming back periodically, it seems - probably whenever an order gets canceled - so if you can get it delivered to a friend outside the UK, it might be worth checking back in once a day or so. I haven't seen them come back on Etsy, so you probably won't be able to get it shipped to the UK directly 😞

 

I can do - link please !

 

ETA never mind - page open and will refresh from time to time ! Thanks !

Edited by gregory

1 hour ago, Flaxen said:

Absolutely! I really love the colours on the paradoxical. I think it might be my favourite. 

 

Me too! Something about the Paradoxical is really connecting with me - there’s something special in this deck! And I’m surprised, I actually thought I would prefer the regular one. 

But GEEZ the POSTAGE and so on....

I'm just curious, but has the cost of postage and VAT caught up with Brexit?  Or are things still relatively reasonable if they come from the continent?

Fine(ish) from the continental mainland. It was the Paradoxical I was whining about.

I am not entirely sure it counts because I bought it in store, but I recently got the kawaii tarot, which has cute minimalistic designs. The cards are also smaller than normal, I'd say slightly smaller than the standard playing card.

You can still run into customs issues with the EU and some smaller shops won't sell from EU countries to us and some of our shops won't sell to the EU as it's too much bother to fill out all the paperwork for everything 😞 .

So the bureaucracy and customs is a nightmare but usually the postage is cheaper than the U.S and other countries but the customs is easier now from the U.S. Outside the EU, it's often possible to pay more to get it here than the deck cost 😭

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.