What's The Postman Bringing?

Glass Owl

I really like the Yokai Yochi, but even if it were available at this price I would have to think long and hard about whether I urgently need it...

image.thumb.png.c0daf1a35724a7743e48aac76f3d87e8.png

1 hour ago, Eno said:

I really like the Yokai Yochi, but even if it were available at this price I would have to think long and hard about whether I urgently need it...

image.thumb.png.c0daf1a35724a7743e48aac76f3d87e8.png

Agreed, the resale is up there - that's why I was so relieved to snag one yesterday - but maybe once the leftovers get shipped out more decks will hit the market and that will drop the prices?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rori said:

I agree, it does seem unfair - and apparently there was a time zone issue as well (on the website they said it would launch at 10:00 CST but it launched at 10:00 CDT or something like that)... I feel for the creator, I wouldn't want to do another print run while the world is the way it is right now either, but it's definitely not ideal.
But who knows? Maybe it will go MM like the FP did!

THAT explains it; I will have got caught by the time zone thing. (My email said 10/00 CST, so.... Oh well.)

NOTHING would induce me to support an ebayer pulling a nasty stunt like that.

Edited by gregory

Oh ugh I wish I'd noticed that--we're all on daylight savings in the US save for very specific spots in the country which she's not in, AFAIK. It's usually the first thing I ask them to confirm. 🤦 Apologies, wish I'd caught it. I'll be more vigilant in the future!

@gregory - just a quick heads up - there are some more yokai yochi decks available on pledgemanager right now, probably due to cancelations or something - the fool pin and the cloth are also available right now. They keep coming back periodically, it seems - probably whenever an order gets canceled - so if you can get it delivered to a friend outside the UK, it might be worth checking back in once a day or so. I haven't seen them come back on Etsy, so you probably won't be able to get it shipped to the UK directly 😞

Edited by Rori

18 hours ago, Rori said:

@gregory - just a quick heads up - there are some more yokai yochi decks available on pledgemanager right now, probably due to cancelations or something - the fool pin and the cloth are also available right now. They keep coming back periodically, it seems - probably whenever an order gets canceled - so if you can get it delivered to a friend outside the UK, it might be worth checking back in once a day or so. I haven't seen them come back on Etsy, so you probably won't be able to get it shipped to the UK directly 😞

I can do - link please !

ETA never mind - page open and will refresh from time to time ! Thanks !

Edited by gregory

1 hour ago, Flaxen said:

Absolutely! I really love the colours on the paradoxical. I think it might be my favourite. 

Me too! Something about the Paradoxical is really connecting with me - there’s something special in this deck! And I’m surprised, I actually thought I would prefer the regular one. 

I am not entirely sure it counts because I bought it in store, but I recently got the kawaii tarot, which has cute minimalistic designs. The cards are also smaller than normal, I'd say slightly smaller than the standard playing card.

You can still run into customs issues with the EU and some smaller shops won't sell from EU countries to us and some of our shops won't sell to the EU as it's too much bother to fill out all the paperwork for everything 😞 .

So the bureaucracy and customs is a nightmare but usually the postage is cheaper than the U.S and other countries but the customs is easier now from the U.S. Outside the EU, it's often possible to pay more to get it here than the deck cost 😭