What's The Postman Bringing?

Glass Owl

eightofwands

Thank you Daniel ! I'm still getting used to the forum and was out for the day, but will be exploring more shortly 🙂

Oh, and before I forget: I also bought the mystic mondays deck today as a treat, just because I thought it looked nice.

Edit: I don't know what happened. It ate my response so I typed up another one, but it turns out it was there the whole time.

Edited by eightofwands

7 hours ago, gregory said:

Fine(ish) from the continental mainland. It was the Paradoxical I was whining about.

I got mine via his Etsy shop - postage was still expensive but I think a U.K. distributor/drop shipping is used as I didn’t have to pay customs/tax. 

That's where I got mine (It was the only option) but the postage was still a killer. Tax was added at checkout - take a look at your bill.... I think etsy does that ahead of time, as some ebay sellers do.

On 2/9/2021 at 10:32 AM, GreatDane said:

LoveLightPeace just finished my case and emd me pix.  This is what the postman is bringing 🙂 

abcase.jpg

abcase2.jpg

GreatDane, I know this was a whole year ago (I'm trawling the thread looking for deck inspo) - which deck is that with the green background and white tudor rose? Also that case is just *gorgeous*. So beautifully made.

3 hours ago, euripides said:

GreatDane, I know this was a whole year ago (I'm trawling the thread looking for deck inspo) - which deck is that with the green background and white tudor rose? Also that case is just *gorgeous*. So beautifully made.

I think that's the Smith-Waite Borderless by US Games - or at least my edition looks like this.

On 5/13/2022 at 10:29 PM, Rori said:

@gregory - just a quick heads up - there are some more yokai yochi decks available on pledgemanager right now, probably due to cancelations or something - the fool pin and the cloth are also available right now. They keep coming back periodically, it seems - probably whenever an order gets canceled - so if you can get it delivered to a friend outside the UK, it might be worth checking back in once a day or so. I haven't seen them come back on Etsy, so you probably won't be able to get it shipped to the UK directly 😞

Checking regularly - nothing yet. If anyone sees one, snag it; I will pay ! I have a Canadian address I can use.

3 hours ago, gregory said:

Checking regularly - nothing yet. If anyone sees one, snag it; I will pay ! I have a Canadian address I can use.

I'm afraid they're officially sold out - I can't even join the pledgemanager project anymore:image.thumb.png.ee2b3b4ca8b17f85777e50e3c199e56c.png

Might be worth to keep checking, then! I just looked at my receipt and I could still cancel my order - I imagine that will be possible until they get shipped (which won't happen for a few weeks apparently). And now that the project seems to be closed for new participants, if a deck comes back you might even be the only person who can access it 😅

Pledgemanager is such a counterintuitive site...

Page of Ghosts

Bought the Trionfi Della Luna Illustrated Pips Edition this weekend and I'm supposedly getting it on Friday. Very curious to see if it will be true or if gets stuck in customs for some time with additional fees to pay - I'm really not sure if the VAT is like handling/import fees in advance? I got it from the Etsy shop since I live in Scandinavia and shipping + VAT was about as much as the actual deck itself so it's probably the priciest deck I've ever bought 😅 Will be a nice treat once I get it though, I have high hopes for this deck! I'll report back once I get it to share the whole shipping and tax experience, it's not always easy to predict what will happen when you order something from so far away.

Edited by Page of Ghosts

Forest of Enchantment! Not my usual style, and I'm never fond of renamed suits, but the art is gorgeous. I'm not usually one for fantasy, but this deck really takes me back to my childhood and a huge illustrated book of fairy tales I used to love.

Page of Ghosts
On 5/18/2022 at 1:36 PM, Page of Ghosts said:

Bought the Trionfi Della Luna Illustrated Pips Edition this weekend and I'm supposedly getting it on Friday. Very curious to see if it will be true or if gets stuck in customs for some time with additional fees to pay - I'm really not sure if the VAT is like handling/import fees in advance? I got it from the Etsy shop since I live in Scandinavia and shipping + VAT was about as much as the actual deck itself so it's probably the priciest deck I've ever bought 😅 Will be a nice treat once I get it though, I have high hopes for this deck! I'll report back once I get it to share the whole shipping and tax experience, it's not always easy to predict what will happen when you order something from so far away.

Friday came and went as expected without any tarot deck goodies in my mailbox, but according to the tracking page it did finally move yesterday and might be on its way out of the US now. I knew the estimate from Etsy was overly optimistic 😅

I ordered the book Splendor Solis: The World's Most Famous Alchemical Manuscript by Stephen Skinner, Rafal T. Prinke, Georgiana Hedesan, Joscelyn Godwin to read up on the symbolism and history because I recently got the Splendor Solis Tarot. 

(The very fancy, very expensive Jungian book I've had for a while, Transformation of the Psyche: The Symbolic Alchemy of the Splendor Solis by Joseph L. Henderson and Dyane N. Sherwood, wasn't much help.  I'm going to pass it on to a tarot society friend who's getting deep into Jungian studies.)

Does anyone else have to fight the urge to go and check the mailbox even though they know the deck couldn't even be in the post yet because they only ordered it on the weekend?  Hurryyyy uuuuupppp mister postmannnnnnn

RunningWild
2 hours ago, euripides said:

Does anyone else have to fight the urge to go and check the mailbox even though they know the deck couldn't even be in the post yet because they only ordered it on the weekend?  Hurryyyy uuuuupppp mister postmannnnnnn

That's the value of tracking numbers IMO.  Depending where I've ordered from, I'll check my email constantly for the confirmation and after that, I'll check my email several times a day to see if it's been shipped, and on and on until I get the notification that it has arrived at my PO Box.  LOL What can I say?  The only one I didn't do that with was the Victorian Romantic because it was a preorder and there were delays due to COVID.  But once I found out things were being shipped out it was back to eagle-eyeing my email.

D&D Tarot has shipped! And my Vettitarot should be shipping on Wednesday. May not expect that one for another month or so, but soooon~

Now if only I could get confirmation on the LotR Tarot being illustrated minors or not, I could decide if I'm ordering it.

Edited by Niobium

24 minutes ago, gregory said:

Vetti ?

One I found on Instagram, the artist is selling a special kit for now but will have a larger run of the deck only printed soon:

https://www.vettiart.com/product-page/pré-venda-conjunto-artemísia

More images of the cards on her IG:

https://www.instagram.com/vetti.art/

image.png.a80301e41115cca227aaa1d59f01a352.png

They're in Brazil but if you contact them directly they're willing to handle a purchase outside the shop.

Edited by Niobium

On 5/21/2022 at 8:35 PM, Page of Ghosts said:

Friday came and went as expected without any tarot deck goodies in my mailbox, but according to the tracking page it did finally move yesterday and might be on its way out of the US now. I knew the estimate from Etsy was overly optimistic 😅

I just got my Trionfi. Much as I like Patrick's work that's the last of his I shall buy until such time as he finds a UK distributor - postage and  taxes almost doubled its already quite steep price. It's very nice, but....