Homemade tarot bags/purses/boxes

Raggydoll

LoveLightPeace

Thank you for the wonderful compliment and recommendation @joy! ❤️ 

Thank you @GreatDane, I'm excited to make it for you! ❤️ Yes, please share the pic so our tarot family can see it too. 🙂

TA-DUH!   Here's the fabric and color.  LLP, if you don't mind, could you take a pic of it  when finished before sending to me and em to me?   And I will be proud to post it!  My digital camera not working well.  AND I CAN'T WAIT for all to see the finished product!  

This color and fabric, black lining and black satin ribbon. 🙂  SO EXCITED.  

absw.jpg

THANKS RAGGYDOLL!  It's all LoveLightPeace.  I said I wanted something to match the backs and voila!  I love seeing a dream come true 🙂  OK, and I love having just what I want when it comes to costumes for my decks! 

THANK YOU for mentioning LLP did cases, Joy!  I have asked LLP to please post a pic when finished before she sends to me.   

LoveLightPeace
58 minutes ago, GreatDane said:

LoveLightPeace just emd me pix of my case she just finished!  Can't wait to get it.  THANKS LLP!

abcase.jpg

abcase2.jpg

You're welcome! I'm so glad that you like it. 🙂

Thank you @GreatDane! ❤️ 

I LOVE IT.  Can't wait to get it in the mail!

WE SHALL BE TALKING AGAIN.  I have another deck coming soon that will need clothing! 😉

For those who don't sew, or don't want to sew their own, you make dreams come true, LLP🥳

7 hours ago, GreatDane said:

LoveLightPeace just emd me pix of my case she just finished!  Can't wait to get it.  THANKS LLP!

abcase.jpg

abcase2.jpg

That looks so classy. I love the color combination. That green is so pretty!! 

8 hours ago, GreatDane said:

abcase.jpg

abcase2.jpg

This is very beautiful @LoveLightPeace !

I love it's simple elegance 😊 what type of fabrics have you used?

LoveLightPeace
12 hours ago, GreatDane said:

I LOVE IT.  Can't wait to get it in the mail!

WE SHALL BE TALKING AGAIN.  I have another deck coming soon that will need clothing! 😉

For those who don't sew, or don't want to sew their own, you make dreams come true, LLP🥳

Aww...thanks! I enjoyed making it. 

5 hours ago, Raggydoll said:

That looks so classy. I love the color combination. That green is so pretty!! 

It really is pretty! I love the color combination GreatDane picked too. 

4 hours ago, stephanelli said:

This is very beautiful @LoveLightPeace !

I love it's simple elegance 😊 what type of fabrics have you used?

Thank you @stephanelli! I used quilting cottons. 

I knitted this "card holder" some time last year with slight modifications to the original pattern.  It was my first attempt at a box-like tarot bag and I chose a golden-yellow yarn from my stash.😄 Also, knitted a small button in same yarn as the holder instead of sewing on a separate button (actually, couldn't find a button in my hoard that I liked, so I just knitted one). In time, I plan to fiddle with the pattern in varying sizes, yarns, and stitches. I love the "box" shape. 

20200808_202209.jpg20200808_201946.jpg20200808_202411.jpg20200808_202100.jpg20200808_202326.jpg

This pattern is adapted from the Yugioh Card Holder pattern knitted by Samiha Qureshi  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/yugioh

Edited by 53rdspirit
Made the photos smaller!

Now that I've finally made a wrap for my Fairy Lights deck I feel the need to do some more sewing to clothe my other naked decks. I already know what I would like to use when my Housewives tarot (a fabric called "Don't let the birds do the dishes") but I'm undecided on the others and need some inspiration so I can start searching.

These are the decks currently naked and awaiting new clothes...

Tarot of the Divine

Dragon Age Inquisition

Witches Tarot

Deviant Moon

Pagan Cats mini

Shadowscapes

Celtic Dragons

Golden Universal

Any ideas would me much appreciated 😁

AJ-ish/Sharyn

In the back of my mind, in distant memory, I recall making a bag for one of our members Housewives deck out of red and white checked table napkin material 🙂 That was the very first deck I used on my blog back in 2007 I think...must be considered a vintage deck now! 

When you have your bagged decks 'resting' how do you tell them apart when you want a particular one

I made one out of a man's necktie for Scion's favorite deck, and out of burlap for his druidcraft. 

Edited by AJ-ish/Sharyn

LoveLightPeace
18 hours ago, 53rdspirit said:

I knitted this "card holder" some time last year with slight modifications to the original pattern.  It was my first attempt at a box-like tarot bag and I chose a golden-yellow yarn from my stash.😄 Also, knitted a small button in same yarn as the holder instead of sewing on a separate button (actually, couldn't find a button in my hoard that I liked, so I just knitted one). In time, I plan to fiddle with the pattern in varying sizes, yarns, and stitches. I love the "box" shape. 

20200808_202209.jpg20200808_201946.jpg20200808_202411.jpg20200808_202100.jpg20200808_202326.jpg

This pattern is adapted from the Yugioh Card Holder pattern knitted by Samiha Qureshi  https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/yugioh

I love your knitted card holder, beautiful work! That's one thing that I haven't learned to do, knit. I have always loved the way knit stitches look, and the way that they feel to the touch. Looking forward to see the other card holders that you make.

16 hours ago, TheFeeLion said:

Now that I've finally made a wrap for my Fairy Lights deck I feel the need to do some more sewing to clothe my other naked decks. I already know what I would like to use when my Housewives tarot (a fabric called "Don't let the birds do the dishes") but I'm undecided on the others and need some inspiration so I can start searching.

These are the decks currently naked and awaiting new clothes...

Tarot of the Divine

Dragon Age Inquisition

Witches Tarot

Deviant Moon

Pagan Cats mini

Shadowscapes

Celtic Dragons

Golden Universal

Any ideas would me much appreciated 😁

I like to match fabrics to the card backs, the theme of the deck, or something that I think matches well with my favorite card in a particular deck. Sometimes I can't find what I want to match the card backs or the theme. I try not to box myself in; so far that has worked for me. Hope that helps with ideas for clothing the rest of your naked decks.

1 hour ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

In the back of my mind, in distant memory, I recall making a bag for one of our members Housewives deck out of red and white checked table napkin material 🙂 That was the very first deck I used on my blog back in 2007 I think...must be considered a vintage deck now! 

When you have your bagged decks 'resting' how do you tell them apart when you want a particular one

I made one out of a man's necktie for Scion's favorite deck, and out of burlap for his druidcraft. 

I haven't had any trouble telling the decks apart that are in fabric 'cases', but I don't have every deck that I own stored in a custom case. The decks that I do have in cases are matched to the deck in one way or another and I have been able to remember which deck it is (thankfully...LOL). 

wow, seriously cool case, 53rdSpirit!  I COMMEND all of you very talented, creative people.  If I had to make my own clothes, I would be wearing a big trash bag tied with rope.   Some of us have it and some of us don't and even though, theoretically, yes, we can all do just about anything, some of us do it a whole lot better than others and I am NOT one of your wonderfully-creative and skills  bag or case makers! 

22 hours ago, 53rdspirit said:

Nice! Very neat knitting!

7 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

In car terms I think it would be considered a classic? Either that or it needs another 5 years 🤔 I think it needs to be older than 20years 🤔

Ooo I love the checked fabric idea! I just found a yellow gingham that would work nicely for the inside 😁

6 hours ago, LoveLightPeace said:

I like to match fabrics to the card backs, the theme of the deck, or something that I think matches well with my favorite card in a particular deck. Sometimes I can't find what I want to match the card backs or the theme. I try not to box myself in; so far that has worked for me. Hope that helps with ideas for clothing the rest of your naked decks

Yes I do something similar. I like to go with similar colours or with something that has the same kind of theme to it. Ideally both if I can manage it 😁

7 hours ago, AJ-ish/Sharyn said:

I don't have a tonne of decks yet for that to be much of a problem. I currently have two tarot I've made bags for, few are in organza bags with different coloured ribbons, one is in a pencil case, and the rest are in small enough boxes for fit on my little shelf. It's harder with my oracles though, I have three or four in pencil cases because the boxes are stupidly sized (read: enormous). Eventually I'll make bags or wraps for them all though 😊 so I'll have to come up with a way to tell them apart quicker. I've been thinking of making little charms for them or possibly doing little leather tags in matching colours...

4 hours ago, GreatDane said:

wow, seriously cool case, 53rdSpirit!  I COMMEND all of you very talented, creative people.  If I had to make my own clothes, I would be wearing a big trash bag tied with rope.   Some of us have it and some of us don't and even though, theoretically, yes, we can all do just about anything, some of us do it a whole lot better than others and I am NOT one of your wonderfully-creative and skills  bag or case makers!

Off topic: we challenged kids where I volunteer to make clothes out of bin bags, you can make them look genuinely stylish.

On-topic: for those you not knowing what deck is in what case, you could embroider the name/initials of the deck or perhaps a symbol that represents the deck.

I can see where embroidering initials or a symbol on a case would be handy, stephanelli.  Especially if you had many cases.  I don't have that many tarot decks and they each have different cases so I know which is which, but those who have many, yeah, I definitely get that would be handy.

23 minutes ago, stephanelli said:

Off topic: we challenged kids where I volunteer to make clothes out of bin bags, you can make them look genuinely stylish.

Ooo I did something like that one halloween when I needed a super quick costume! It ended up being a one shoulder dress with white electrical tape stripes down one side and the bag tie as the belt 😁

23 minutes ago, stephanelli said:

On-topic: for those you not knowing what deck is in what case, you could embroider the name/initials of the deck or perhaps a symbol that represents the deck.

Or you could sew a little patch to the side with the name in fabric marker on it (for those of us without embroidery skills) 😁

1 minute ago, TheFeeLion said:

Ooo I did something like that one halloween when I needed a super quick costume! It ended up being a one shoulder dress with white electrical tape stripes down one side and the bag tie as the belt 😁

Nice!

1 minute ago, TheFeeLion said:

Or you could sew a little patch to the side with the name in fabric marker on it (for those of us without embroidery skills) 😁

That also works!

My brain is in embroidery mode right now having spent most of today dyeing silks... 😆

I should make a case for my Triple Goddess Tarot.  It's box is looking very beat up now.

To many other things to do though...

2 minutes ago, stephanelli said:

My brain is in embroidery mode right now having spent most of today dyeing silks... 😆

FYI Your embroidery silks are gorgeous!

2 minutes ago, stephanelli said:

I should make a case for my Triple Goddess Tarot.  It's box is looking very beat up now.

To many other things to do though...

You could always make a wrap instead, much less faffing around. All you need are two squares of fabric and something to use as a tie to sew in one corner 😊 like this...20210208_180608.thumb.jpg.dce050379e70a7c4fc7290d8f1e20678.jpg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.