Saturn Celeste

This is the DE-ENABLE thread concerning buying and reading of tarot.

stephanelli
Just now, Venus Rising said:

Just wanted to followup and say a huge thank you to @FLizarraga , @bookshop, @stephanelli , @archimedea @40knows , @Jewel and @katrinka for making  me see reason and for the excellent de-enabling on the Sabbath Tarot.  I'm happy to say that the KS is closed on this deck and I did NOT purchase it.

Further, I just saw that the artist sells prints of his work, so I've decided that at some point, I'll treat myself to a print (or 2) of his work which I can then admire in much *ahem* larger detail  :bubble_bdrool:   LOL

This makes so much more sense than having a deck that I wouldn't really use. 

Thanks again!

You're very welcome!

Jewel
3 minutes ago, Venus Rising said:

Just wanted to followup and say a huge thank you to @FLizarraga , @bookshop, @stephanelli , @archimedea @40knows , @Jewel and @katrinka for making  me see reason and for the excellent de-enabling on the Sabbath Tarot.  I'm happy to say that the KS is closed on this deck and I did NOT purchase it.

Further, I just saw that the artist sells prints of his work, so I've decided that at some point, I'll treat myself to a print (or 2) of his work which I can then admire in much *ahem* larger detail  :bubble_bdrool:   LOL

Thanks again!

~giggles~ you are most welcome.  Enjoy drooling over a print or two!

FLizarraga

On 9/27/2019 at 7:31 PM, Venus Rising said:

Perhaps I'm shallow, but I dig it purely for the aesthetics.  BUT......do I dig it enough to warrant paying 100 bones and probably will just drool over it instead of really reading with it?  Probably not.  😞 

It doesn't necessarily make you shallow, just human. But, for 100 bones, it would have made you... er... let's say ''gullible"?

1 hour ago, Venus Rising said:

Thanks again!

I'm not adverse to buying a couple of prints, either, especially if they sell at affordable prices. (Which I'm guessing they won't.)

And, curiously enough, the sexy cards are not the ones that tempt me the most. I love that monstrous Witch Queen, for instance. And maybe the Star. Or the Moon --OK, that one is plenty sexy, but still subdued compared to the more, um, schwanzschtücky ones.

Venus Rising
2 hours ago, Jewel said:

~giggles~ you are most welcome.  Enjoy drooling over a print or two!

hehehe thank you! ❤️ 

47 minutes ago, FLizarraga said:

It doesn't necessarily make you shallow, just human. But, for 100 bones, it would have made you... er... let's say ''gullible"?

I'm not adverse to buying a couple of prints, either, especially if they sell at affordable prices. (Which I'm guessing they won't.)

And, curiously enough, the sexy cards are not the ones that tempt me the most. I love that monstrous Witch Queen, for instance. And maybe the Star. Or the Moon --OK, that one is plenty sexy, but still subdued compared to the more, um, schwanzschtücky ones.

Very true! Gullible is a good word 😄  The prints aren't bad actually.  $50 which is a pretty standard price.  Oh I loved the Witch and Star cards too.  ❤️  Thanks again! 😄  

FLizarraga
On 10/1/2019 at 4:59 PM, FLizarraga said:

Upon revising the site, I just saw the gigantic Schwanzschtuckerus Erectus on the Witch Queen's, er, throne. So, no, I'll pass even on the prints.

On the other hand, I really want this ithyphallic Pan statuette: https://www.etsy.com/listing/537521599/pan-greek-god-of-the-wild-nature-statue?ref=cart

gregory
Posted (edited)

May I de-enable you on that ? Even if I liked it (I don't) it looks to be best used as a hook for various dressing-table items. SCARVES, perhaps.... And I bet the phallus would break off, and make you feel all  nervous and unmanly...

ETA Just saw the Lord of Blades. What is seen cannot be unseen. Unfortunately....

Edited by gregory

FLizarraga
36 minutes ago, gregory said:

May I de-enable you on that ? Even if I liked it (I don't) it looks to be best used as a hook for various dressing-table items. SCARVES, perhaps.... And I bet the phallus would break off, and make you feel all  nervous and unmanly...

ETA Just saw the Lord of Blades. What is seen cannot be unseen. Unfortunately....

You can say a lot of things about the Sabbath deck, but not that it didn't try --whatever it is they tried. They really went for broke.

As for the Pan, well, it's a reproduction of an old Greek statuette. And feeling manly has never been my forte, you know...

drag race yes GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

But, just for old times sakes... SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARVES!!!!!

gregory
3 minutes ago, FLizarraga said:

You can say a lot of things about the Sabbath deck, but not that it didn't try --whatever it is they tried. They really went for broke.

As for the Pan, well, it's a reproduction of an old Greek statuette. And feeling manly has never been my forte, you know...

But, just for old times sakes... SCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARVES!!!!!

I know. I don't like the statue either. (Or Michelangelo's David, but that's a whole nother issue...)

spacer.png

erratictransparency

I'm falling down the rabbit hole of kickstarting tarot decks. My wallet can't handle this. 😧 

AstralPasta

I just remembered the original Aeclectic deenabling thread had a rule where you couldn’t mention any decks by name.  This thread started out pretty raw and real and then 😌 the chacha. Are we 70% deenabling or 30% ?! 

edit: ah I see. Nvm! It’s a different sort of thread. 

Edited by AstralPasta

gregory

DID it ? I don't remember that and I spent many happy hours days in there !

Kickstarter. For anyone in the UK - you will stop the day the first deck arrives with a customs bill equal to the cost of the deck. It hurts - but I have really given up except for those from within h EU !

FLizarraga
8 hours ago, AstralPasta said:

I just remembered the original Aeclectic deenabling thread had a rule where you couldn’t mention any decks by name.  This thread started out pretty raw and real and then 😌 the chacha. Are we 70% deenabling or 30% ?! 

edit: ah I see. Nvm! It’s a different sort of thread. 

You gotta chacha, or you cry. 

1 hour ago, gregory said:

DID it ? I don't remember that and I spent many happy hours days in there !

Kickstarter. For anyone in the UK - you will stop the day the first deck arrives with a customs bill equal to the cost of the deck. It hurts - but I have really given up except for those from within h EU !

I don't remember that, either. And I was chacha-ing there a whole lot.

IMHO, the only real advantage of living in the States is not having to pay customs. You lucky Oldworlders should count your blessings.

Decan
12 minutes ago, FLizarraga said:

You lucky Oldworlders should count your blessings

Well, yes but you know in the old Europe it's the same old, nothing new under the sun, just same old LOL

And... customs with their taxes!! 🥴

FLizarraga
4 minutes ago, Decan said:

Well, yes but you know in the old Europe it's the same old, nothing new under the sun, just same old LOL

And... customs with their taxes!! 🥴

Novelty is overrated! 😉

Saturn Celeste
On 9/4/2019 at 8:50 PM, katrinka said:

feed it a little fanning powder.

What do you use for fanning powder?

gregory

ER - is that a serious question ? Fanning powder.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=fanning+powder&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk5j6ncKX5QIVrx6tBh2zDwxBEAAYASAAEgKcvfD_BwE&hvadid=229999163274

Substitutes have a nasty habit of making it all worse after a day or two. Baby powder picks up moisture, for instance.

https://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=46418

gregory

The amazon prices are hell when you add in postage though - I bought mine (by mail) from a magician's store in London.

katrinka

Yes...I think they're trying to strongarm people into getting prime.
Then the people will get everything from amazon, because they have prime.
It's kind of shady, IMHO.

Alta

I bought fanning powder from a magician’s supply site 

FLizarraga
On 10/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, Saturn Celeste said:

What do you use for fanning powder?

On 10/12/2019 at 3:09 PM, gregory said:

ER - is that a serious question ? Fanning powder.

https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=fanning+powder&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIk5j6ncKX5QIVrx6tBh2zDwxBEAAYASAAEgKcvfD_BwE&hvadid=229999163274

Substitutes have a nasty habit of making it all worse after a day or two. Baby powder picks up moisture, for instance.

https://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=46418

On 10/12/2019 at 3:11 PM, katrinka said:

On 10/12/2019 at 3:14 PM, gregory said:

The amazon prices are hell when you add in postage though - I bought mine (by mail) from a magician's store in London.

On 10/23/2019 at 11:14 AM, Alta said:

I bought fanning powder from a magician’s supply site 

Aaaaaaaaand.... what do you wipe your fanning powder with?

Edited by FLizarraga

Saturn Celeste
1 hour ago, FLizarraga said:

A powder puff?  I had no idea it was a thing!  Thank you for the links.  might be something to look into with the humidity down here in FL.

gregory

I put cards and powder in a plastic bag and shake them all about ....

FLizarraga
12 hours ago, FLizarraga said:

10 hours ago, Saturn Celeste said:

A powder puff?  I had no idea it was a thing!  Thank you for the links.  might be something to look into with the humidity down here in FL.

9 hours ago, gregory said:

I put cards and powder in a plastic bag and shake them all about ....

No, girls... You wipe your fanning powder with a SCAAAAAAAAARF!

Saturn Celeste
1 hour ago, FLizarraga said:

No, girls... You wipe your fanning powder with a SCAAAAAAAAARF!

:rofl: